JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

8 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

The direction for delegates invited to intl or specicial conventions are:

We request that no blue jeans, spandex outerwear, or other tight-fitting clothing be worn during the duration of your trip. 

Simalar to the dresscode for bethel tours..

This should answer your question 😉

yes.

is that depending on the context here in Brazil, jeans for both men and women with a shirt or blouse suitable for women, gives an interesting and respectful, modest equation

of course, without making the jeans look conspicuous or inelegant
I don't know, maybe it depends on the place

Here in the maintenance of the Kingdom Hall and secular activities, sisters wear jeans and look elegant and modest.

I sometimes wonder what the extent of this is...

I got the link before going to the trolleys, I knew the tie thing. When I saw them I said, I quit going with a tie. Put it in my pocket. What are happening with you? You always tell us the guidlines and how to dress. They where shocked by the news and we had a good lough. 😀🤣

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

I have 54 ties and 5 bowties. Is that a lot?

I am personally deciding to still wear them at Christian meetings and assemblies and the like even if I don't have to go on the stage.

BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME WEAR A TIE EVER AGAIN WHILE PREACHING. Maybe on the witnessing carts though.

Where I live it has always been cultural not to wear ties or jackets in the preaching, I honestly admit that when it was said that it was no longer necessary I said: Huh, was it forbidden?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Does anyone know how this will affect df’d people on zoom? Currently they’re not allowed to turn on their camera

Not yet.  But new scrolls (announcements after our meetings) will be opened shortly on this and other relevant matters. :D 👍

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Can sisters attend pionner school in their slacks?

Do brothers who are attending theocratic schools need to wear ties?

Do brothers who operate the AV equipment at meetings need to be wearing a tie and wearing a jacket?

Do sisters who operate the AV equipment at meetings need to be wearing a dress or skirt?

At elders & Servants meetings, do they have to wear a tie and wear a jacket as it isn't exactly worship they are engaged in?

Man oh man the questions!

On 3/12/2024 at 11:45 AM, Parale said:

Oh, interesting.....

1 hour ago, Krusso said:

Something very interesting is the change in how to treat minors.

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

I was particularly sensitive to the provisions for minors

The Update said:

What about baptised minors — those under 18 years of age — who engage in serious wrongdoing?

Under our current arrangement, such a baptised minor along with his Christian parents must meet with a committee of elders.

Under our new arrangement, two elders will meet with the minor and his Christian parents. The elders will find out what steps the parents have already taken to help their child come to repentance. If the minor has a good attitude and the parents are reaching him, the two elders might decide that it isn’t necessary to take the matter any further. Of course, the elders will occasionally check with the parents to make sure that the minor is getting the help he needs.

However, what if a baptised minor unrepentantly persists in a wrong course? In that case, a committee of elders would meet with him along with his Christian parents.

We know you’ll be happy to hear that the information contained in this update will be published in a series of articles that will appear in the study edition of The Watchtower. In addition, the elders will receive direction on how to apply this information.

Edited by Parale

7 minutes ago, Adam! said:

Can sisters attend pionner school in their slacks?

Do brothers who are attending theocratic schools need to wear ties?

Do brothers who operate the AV equipment at meetings need to be wearing a tie and wearing a jacket?

Do sisters who operate the AV equipment at meetings need to be wearing a dress or skirt?

At elders & Servants meetings, do they have to wear a tie and wear a jacket as it isn't exactly worship they are engaged in?

Man oh man the questions!

The turn of phrase used was "a part on the program... if that is the standard of dress in that land."

My reasoning is that simply attending a Pioneer School or other Theocratic School is not being part of the program, but if they had a part in the school - AKA the program - such as a demonstration - then yes, ties/jackets; skirts/dresses.

Likewise simply operating the AV, being an attendant, or handling the microphones, is not being part of the program, so no jacket/tie; skirt/dress required.

What about Elders meetings? Now that's an interesting one.... could reason that the brother conducting the meeting - AKA the Chairman/COBE - would need to be in jacket and tie?

Of course both brothers and sisters can continue to wear a jacket/tie, skirt/dress as, and when, they like.

The announcement, in full was:

“The Governing Body has decided that sisters may choose to wear slacks when participating in the ministry and when attending Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

If a sister chooses to wear slacks on such occasions, they should not be casual but dignified, modest, and appropriate.

When a sister has a part on the program, she should wear a skirt or a dress if that is the standard of dress in that land.

Of course, some sisters may choose to wear a skirt or a dress even when they do not have a part on the program.

In addition, brothers may choose not to wear a tie or a jacket when participating in the ministry and when attending Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

If a brother chooses not to wear a tie or a jacket on such occasions, he should dress in a manner that is appropriate, modest, and dignified —not casual.

When a brother has a part on the program, he should wear a tie and a jacket if that is the standard of dress in that land.

Of course, some brothers may choose to wear a tie or a jacket even when they do not have a part on the program.

When visiting Bethel, it would be appropriate for brothers to wear a tie and a jacket and for sisters to wear a skirt or a dress if that is the standard of dress in that land.”

4 hours ago, MelW said:

Wow, we are seeing so many changes just in the last few months. 😀

Jehovah is really preparing us.

Exactly!

By changing the more strict costumes he can also blend more.
Not so conspicuous

Who doesn’t hear “ hey there go JWs” 

Of course we must stand out as different 

But GT is approaching fast so fast!

Jehovah wants to keep inside the heard as much as sheep as possible.

If the sheep commits a mistake needs help. Not necessary will be cast away. 
Imagine GT starts while a sheep that doesn’t need to be disfeloshiped at all is outside?

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

This was such a wonderful update 😁😁😁 I’m so happy for the sisters! I know some sisters on here were wondering if they would soon be able to wear slacks/trousers after the beard update. Makes me wonder if some of our dear sisters wrote the branch and inquired of this. Jehovah listened to your concerns 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 minutes ago, Parale said:

In addition, brothers may choose not to wear a tie or a jacket when participating in the ministry and when attending Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions.

Since I have bad feet, I now wear tennis shoes in the ministry. With no ties too (like today) now I hip or in gear.