JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Exactly!

By changing the more strict costumes he can also blend more.
Not so conspicuous

Who doesn’t hear “ hey there go JWs” 

In Phillipians 4:9 it says 'let your reasonableness be known to all men'. Sometimes in parts of the world where the temperatures are high and weather very hot, for brothers to wear suitcoats and ties it may look unreasonable to dress that way instead of according to the weather, as we do in colder climates wear more and warmer clothes. It will show we are using the reason of a sound mind to not overdress. I know of a brother, a regular pioneer for many years, who would go out in the warmer weather wearing the tie and he would sweat so profusely that it actually made the dye, the colors in his tie stain his shirt and he was soaking wet. He looked worse than if he didn't wear it. He also could not wear the suit jacket. He got a lot of flack for it. I'm sure he's going to be very happy to hear this new change.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

Talk about a wild surprise! Never imagined sisters would ever be allowed to wear slacks…especially out in service!!!  

When we all had the announcement about beards in December, I told my wife that the month was not over and more could come out then. I told her next could be that sisters wearing pants would be an interesting announcement.

It finally came about a week or so to the memorial.😆

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

Wow...just...wow...if the elders weren't trying to lead the wrongdoer to repentance before in a judicial committee what was their goal?

Elders are Shepherds before they are Judges. Elders always want to help someone that has sinned, but now there is more time and effort being Shepherds before they have to be Judges.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

I have 54 ties and 5 bowties. Is that a lot?

I am personally deciding to still wear them at Christian meetings and assemblies and the like even if I don't have to go on the stage.

BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME WEAR A TIE EVER AGAIN WHILE PREACHING. Maybe on the witnessing carts though.

I’m going to do the same. I would feel half dressed not wearing a tie with a suit. I wouldn’t necessarily feel half dressed not wearing a jacket, but I don’t want to spend more money on dry cleaning or spend time ironing shirts. 
I’m not sure about not wearing a tie out in service. I would like to but I wear thick 100% cotton “wrinkle free” shirts during spring and summer and I don’t think they would look good with no tie. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 minutes ago, dove said:

As far as blending in more now, Isa. 5:3 says that Jesus did not stand out in his appearance. He could disappear from a crowd that specifically came to listen to him, because he looked as ordinary as everyone else. 

The announcement didn't offer any reasons for these adjustments.  But doesn't it help assuage our concerns about the GT?   We don't need to draw attention after BtG has been destroyed.

Just now, Cushi said:

I was JUST about to post that same picture! You beat me to it 😆

Somebody else beat both of you to it.

It was posted about 3 or 4 pages ago. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My new service outfit...:D

When I seen the Friends of Peace Circuit Assembly for English / India, I like those nehru shirts. I wouldn't mind rocking that look with no tie.

English India .jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Somebody else beat both of you to it.

It was posted about 3 or 4 pages ago. :D 

I haven’t finished going through the thread. I’m really like on page 5. Was gonna go through the pages to make sure the pic wasn’t already shared. I bet JW INSTAGRAM pages are blowing up with jokes. 😆

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Seriously the part before the announcement had me in tears of how loving and merciful Jehovah is.  
the announcement well…. Wow, the sisters in pants, did not see that coming. My first thought on that was noooooooo.  But on the bright side, My sweet husband will be overjoyed about the tie thing.