JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/kerala-convention-centre-blast-live-updates-amit-shah-kerala-cm-deaths-injuries-kalamassery-2455168-2023-10-29

Very sad to see this, but we will keep our trust in Jehovah and not be afraid. May Jehovah strengthen our brothers and sisters in India, and comfort you all 🌹🌺

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/one-killed-several-injured-explosions-indias-southern-state-local-media-2023-10-29/

“Indian police are questioning a man who surrendered after at least one homemade bomb exploded at a convention centre in Kerala state on Sunday where a Christian group was holding a prayer meeting, killing a woman and wounding dozens of others.

After initial questioning, the native of the city of Kochi, who surrendered in the southern state's Thrissur district, will be interrogated in detail by a senior police official, Asianet News reported, citing sources.“

3 hours ago, sania said:

My mother is attending convention today at a different place in Kerala, as soon as the news broke out, police and bomb squad came to their hall and searched thoroughly, now the convention is resumed .. 

My thoughts and prayers goes out to you all. Send my love to all too.

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/kerala-convention-centre-blast-live-updates-amit-shah-kerala-cm-deaths-injuries-kalamassery-2455168-2023-10-29

Very sad to see this, but we will keep our trust in Jehovah and not be afraid. May Jehovah strengthen our brothers and sisters in India, and comfort you all 🌹🌺

Unfortunately, this world sees us as one if those strange religions and we have and will become a target even more so as we get close to the end. I know Jehovah will support and comfort our brothers. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

Now a man named Dominic Martin came forward claiming that he was behind the bomb blast. He said he was an ex Jw and the teachings of Jehovah's witnesses are bad to society.. 
https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/2023/oct/29/blasts-atkalamassery-prayer-meetjehovahs-witnesses-member-dominic-martin-surrenders-2628134.html

So shocking ...

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

How horrific is this attack on pure worship and our dear brothers and sisters.  

Brings to mind Zech 2:8. For this is what Jehovah of armies says, who after being glorified has sent me to the nations that were plundering you: ‘Whoever touches you touches the pupil of my eye

Talk about patience on the part of Jehovah.  

Now on JW.org as Breaking News:

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

On Sunday, October 29, 2023, at least two bombs exploded at the regional convention held in Kerala, India. The incident occurred just after the opening prayer.

According to initial reports, two of our sisters were killed. At least 55 individuals were injured. There were over 2,200 people in attendance. The police are currently investigating the situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy.—Psalm 9:9.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

Edited by Parale

1 hour ago, truce said:

This is becoming a thing now. 

This attack, and the one in Hamburg, were carried out by disfellowshipped people, not strangers, if I'm not mistaken.

That being true, hopefully this won't become "a thing" as far as the non-Witness public is concerned.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

This attack, and the one in Hamburg, were carried out by disfellowshipped people, not strangers, if I'm not mistaken.

It appears, from reports, that the OP attack was carried out by a 'long-term' Bible Study, rather than a disfellowshipped person. But information is scant so far, and no doubt more, and clearer, information will come out in time, so we really don't want to jump to any conclusions, which may, or may not, prove to be correct in the long run.

Edited by Parale

• carlos changed the title to BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India