JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

1 hour ago, Parale said:

INDE : Journal The Times of India , 31 octobre 2023

Page de garde

image.png.349fc6191641a210253e104b326aa62d.png

Page sept (histoire uniquement, en haut à gauche de la page)

image.png.9755efe69701ac1b2b8be6194110f053.png

Apparently he tried to warn his mother-in-law who was at the meeting but probably the phone was on standby. I can't help but think 'if only the call had been answered...would they have had time to evacuate?' But what is that for ? What is done is done. We just have to wait for the repair, really. May the Kingdom come!

I came across this video; it's not very graphic, but content warning: they do briefly show scenes of the fire and there may be one audible scream (1:03-1:25).

The rest is interviews and a timeline. 

They speak english or use english subtitles. 

(sorry if someone else already posted it)

new information:

-the bomber also had a sister-in-law in attendance, in addition to the mother-in-law

-interviews with Witnesses at the event

1 hour ago, Parale said:

INDIA: The Times of India newspaper, 1 November 2023

Article about 12-year-old Libna who died on Monday following burns sustained from the bomb blast.

Page 10 (story only, bottom right on page)

image.png.e6de003ca590818404ecb15293665454.png

This one hits hard... :crying: 

3 minutes ago, Parale said:

INDIA: The Times of India newspaper, 1 November 2023

This is another edition, covering southern India, multiple articles, including a longer article about Libna, and another about KH meetings going online

Page three

image.thumb.png.61467368c5b72e92417abeeec596110e.png

I noticed in the US only the world news reported the event. 

Here in Denmark there are elections, and In the Netherlands as well. No news at all from what I could find as they rather talk politics, Israel/Palestine, Ukraine and Russia. It's too far away from all the European news that is flooding the news.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

Little Experience:

We had our meeting yesterday evening. And someone had thrown a raw egg at our entrance door window. (Likely because of Halloween). In the main hall they hadn't noticed it, but the brother in the entrance hall had a shock after the news of the blast in India.

But he and another brother (2 huge bear sized brothers) went for a look outside but didn't see anyone. They went for a walk around and saw two hooded guys sitting in a white van, and were little apprehended, but still asked if they had seen anything. They hadn't, but asked what we are doing in there. So the brothers explained about our meeting, about JW.

They listened for a few minutes, and then said that we are just as outside of society as they were, being of Arabic descent. They got the link to jw.org and they would look at it.

So even though the brothers were a bit frightened, after what happened in India, they got to give a witness in stead.

The guys said... well, shouldn't you be in there now? 😆 

The one who threw the eggs wasn't found though, but heard that several had their windows smeared with raw eggs in this town. So nothing serious.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

Love this last paragraph:

As a worldwide brotherhood, we pray for the victims’ families and all those affected by this terrible tragedy in India. We find solace and peace in the Bible’s promise of a future without violence, suffering, and death. We remain determined to keep putting our complete confidence and trust in Jehovah.—Psalm 56:3.

21 minutes ago, Parale said:

Encouraging article. 
Praying for those who were there and especially those are critically wounded. Hoping they get well.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, truce said:

We don't care what he thinks. He is a monster and shouldn't be posted on this forum. 

Exactly.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a new here.

If this is really a forum for Jehovah's Witnesses, especially moderated by JW, I'm really surprised that moderators allow this type of posts.

Personally I want to follow the legal case against the perpetrator and see what the punishment is. I don’t know if it will make a huge difference but perhaps I’ll find some small peace of mind when the verdict is delivered. I had read an article that said he refused legal counsel or state-offered representation. That’s a pretty dumb move, representing yourself (unless you’re a lawyer which I don’t think he is).

I just want to know the verdict, but since I’m eager to know it, and the legal process can be lengthy, I may be following it for a while. I’ll try not to get caught up in it though, which is easy to do on the internet. 

7 hours ago, Roberto said:

Exactly.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a new here.

If this is really a forum for Jehovah's Witnesses, especially moderated by JW, I'm really surprised that moderators allow this type of posts.

The information on this topic is widely available to all by google search and news outlets. But always please report if you find anything offensive, or disturbing. All members need to be selective what they post, and what others read, it's a communal responsibility. I hardly follow this topic due to distress that brings me, but others are fine with it. If your conscience is bothered better avoid the topic all together. Greetings from Down Under ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Here is the YouTube link in case if you couldn’t get into zoom.

https://youtube.com/live/V5B15HKE5Aw?feature=share

Just now, jesintha J said:

Here is the YouTube link in case if you couldn’t get into zoom.

https://youtube.com/live/V5B15HKE5Aw?feature=share

Please join now its live

Funeral talk

Edited by jesintha J