JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

2 hours ago, Dages said:

I'd like to get the source to show it to some friends

Mr Martin claimed he was a registered member of the religious group and was angry with its "anti-national" teachings.

But TA Sreekumar, a regional spokesperson for the Jehovah's Witnesses, denied this and told Reuters news agency that he was unaware if Mr Martin had even been present at the event.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-67259078

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

INDIA: Dainik Bhaskar newspaper, 30 October 2023

Front page, headline translates as

Blast at Christian religious gathering in Kerala, two killed, 51 injured

image.thumb.png.2d1ce066ee0584c38335d23c3dfa1419.png

Page 10, headlines translate as

BJP-Congress condemn Kerala blasts

Jehovah's Witnesses were founded in Pittburgh in 1872

image.thumb.png.004d4c7d4744b60c2d1f6bf6df58f3af.png

The convention was being held in the Malayalam language, below is the story in a Malayalam language newspaper that is based in Kerala - the story is featured across the front page, and four inside pages:

INDIA: Mathrubhumi newspaper, 30 October 2023

Front page

Bomb blast at Jehovah's Witness Convention

3 dead and 51 inured

?Questions remain

image.png.dc7e8d2d8ff520f05332878efd495e3d.png

Page two

image.png.9c8ce88ccbdc0afea5f438c987a39ab2.png

Page three

image.png.c05d5d711ed962d2cce6ddf6e21b588b.png

Page four

image.png.c3880e1cf5d10aa15e4c9c562b3dceb7.png

Page five

image.png.d6c39d7d3b5e8a6df43f91b41e0f07c5.png

10 hours ago, Jothob said:

……..and the days text today is appropriate for all those involved…🙏

Our first Public talk after this incident was 'Why Does God Allow Wickedness', which was also appropriate to remind of us of why Jehovah allows these things,  and how he will soon put an end to them forever

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

A comment in the January 2024 Watchtower, Study Article 1, ( to be studied March 4-10)  has an ominous vibe:

Par. 17:  "Think about our yeartext in the coming months, especially when you are facing frightening situations."

???

Edited by Doug

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Un commentaire paru dans La Tour de Garde de janvier 2024, article d’étude 1, a une ambiance inquiétante :

Par. 17 : "Pensez à notre texte annuel dans les mois à venir , surtout lorsque vous êtes confrontés à des situations effrayantes."

???

Don't be afraid: a new sport to practice with intensity

Continue to keep those affected in our prayers, as well as all of our brothers and sisters. 

Stay close to Jehovah and the friends. Our unified organization is a lifeline from Jehovah in a world that is going to keep getting worse before it gets better. 

2 Corinthians 1:3,4

YB

Ben

Thank you for your replies. I’d completely missed that.

I can’t even imagine. They’d just had their lovely Friday convention, just sat down after the morning prayer to start the program on the Saturday. That 12 year old probably had her stationary all ready to take some notes. Maybe her older/younger brothers and sisters were sitting near her. And then in a moment it all changed. She would have been in extreme pain too, burns are the absolute worst way to die. And even those who survived, recovering from burns, the doctors say it’s the worst pain.

Those poor poor brothers and sisters and surviving families who lives are now shattered. I know Jehovah allows these things to happen, I know he can’t intervene and give us miraculous protection at the meetings and on the ministry- but I wish this world was over so no one would have to go through this again. I reckon it’s going to get much worse. We’ll hear of this more often. Just don’t let it stop us attending meetings, conventions, going on the ministry- that’s what Satan wants. 

16 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

They’d just had their lovely Friday convention, just sat down after the morning prayer to start the program on the Saturday.

A tiny bit of clarification: they already have two days of Convention and started Sunday program. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

12 minutes ago, Michał said:

A tiny bit of clarification: they already have two days of Convention and started Sunday program. 

My neice and husband live in India. Their english convention for this week has been cancelled.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

A sister in my fleshly sister's Congregation had intended to attend that very Convention in India with her son who worked at bethel in New York.  When they arrived at the Airport in New York they were told that the flight had been overbooked and their tickets were canceled. She had to fly home to Oregon.  A blessing in disguise.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 10/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, Tortuga said:

Currently the attendants at congregation meetings are to monitor the entrance before, during, and after the meeting. At all times, they will remain alert to those wishing to enter, kindly ascertaining their intentions if they are unknown and if an individual does not appear to pose a threat, the attendant may grant them access. I can see those guidelines becoming more stringent at assemblies and conventions one day.

It was interesting that the IED was denoted during the opening prayer. When we had security training many years ago within our congregation (yes, our KH was a target for serious bomb threats) and even for assemblies and conventions, brothers serving either as attendants and security were to keep their eyes open and watch over the brothers at all times, never let your attention waiver. I guess that this will be more emphasised now no matter where we are. 

Even though you will not be able to prevent such events from happening, but at least you can immediately see what has happened and react as soon as possible with the appropriate responses. It was disturbing watching that video posted earlier seeing the brothers with their hands on the heads, being disorientated and such, but these are normal reactions that would overtake anyone. I can foresee that there should be more additional training for these brothers in how to react in such circumstances, as it may happen more frequently as time goes on.

The training we had recieved back then was not just about watching over the brothers etc, as what we had received recently after the Hamburg incident. Our training was more focused on our reaction and how to deal with the incident as well, especially with dealing with explosions. The appointed brother in charge and some other brothers in our congregation had emergency response training (due to their specific previous and/or current employments) and used their experience and knowledge and modified it to suit our situation and trained us accordingly. We only had this advantage as we live in an area where explosives are used regularly, either within the mining industry and also a military base in our region as well.

I guess that there will also be more direction in the future, as this is going to occur more and more in the future. Not only dealing with it within our congregation, but also just with daily life, as people get more and more extreme.

Edited by Pabo

I am wondering why this person (the one who admitted to doing his wicked deed) left a manifesto on his Facebook page, and then goes to the Police station and turns himself in.  I am wondering if India, has any laws against people like him to charge the person of purposely spewing hate and lies, and killing innocent people?   What I have read so far, it seems like the killer, may get away with what he has done because India, has no set laws on Hate Crimes, because the country is religiously bias. 

It makes me wonder why he turned himself in quickly to the police.   

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I am wondering why this person (the one who admitted to doing his wicked deed) left a manifesto on his Facebook page, and then goes to the Police station and turns himself in.  I am wondering if India, has any laws against people like him to charge the person of purposely spewing hate and lies, and killing innocent people?   What I have read so far, it seems like the killer, may get away with what he has done because India, has no set laws on Hate Crimes, because the country is religiously bias. 

It makes me wonder why he turned himself in quickly to the police.   

He bombed a public area, whether anyone was hurt or not, he should spend some time in jail.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D