JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

52 minutes ago, jesintha J said:

Here is the YouTube link in case if you couldn’t get into zoom.

https://youtube.com/live/V5B15HKE5Aw?feature=share

Please join now its live

Funeral talk

I couldn't understand it, but watched it a bit and gave a 'like' for acknowledging I watched it. My condolences for the family and friends.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

Exactly.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a new here.

If this is really a forum for Jehovah's Witnesses, especially moderated by JW, I'm really surprised that moderators allow this type of posts.

I agree that a statement like this is not appropriate.

But I would rather send a kind reminder to the poster in a private message than to "out" him/her in public. 

Besides this, sometimes we get lost in (emotional) translation, which we as humans do often. Outrage does bring up the worse in us sometimes.

So if you see something, write to the person who posted it, and if there is no reaction, than please report it! 

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

On 10/30/2023 at 8:12 AM, truce said:

We don't care what he thinks. He is a monster and shouldn't be posted on this forum. 

Personally I do not need others to make a bubble protecting me, as I am mature enough to avoid the discussions that I feel that are going off-road, even in this forum.

I do care to know what is the reason behind why he did this, specially considering that this is the second, as far as I know, of such a direct specif attack against us.

In this case, I don't know if he is an apostate, and I wee no apostate teaching posted here.

He seems to be indoctrinated in Hindu nationalism politics. And nationalism, whatever the flavor, is well all around us.

Knowing it may help us find if there is a trend or know that may be a trend to be expected and to act according to it.

Clearly our brothers in India were not prepared to deal with such an event, judging by the few images seen and declarations read.

The question is, are we prepared as a whole for it? How will we react at our community if this happens there?

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

58 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Personally I do not need others to make a bubble protecting me, as I am mature enough to avoid the discussions that I feel that are going off-road, even in this forum.

I do care to know what is the reason behind why he did this, specially considering that this is the second, as far as I know, of such a direct specif attack against us.

In this case, I don't know if he is an apostate, and I wee no apostate teaching posted here.

He seems to be indoctrinated in Hindu nationalism politics. And nationalism, whatever the flavor, is well all around us.

Knowing it may help us find if there is a trend or know that may be a trend to be expected and to act according to it.

Clearly our brothers in India were not prepared to deal with such an event, judging by the few images seen and declarations read.

The question is, are we prepared as a whole for it? How will we react at our community if this happens there?

Let me put it this way.

We do not need to know everything. The brothers at Bethel are on it, and they will draw conclusions from it, and draw new advice for the future, just like it happened after the Hamburg attack.

There is always hate against us, it's just that not everything get's in the news. We shouldn't draw conclusions on this dramatic event alone. And why should we know what his motive was? It's not important. These are isolated incidents.

I always say, "When it pours down in the world, it dripples in our organisation." We can not step out of the world and believe we are safe.  

The Bible says that “time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” (Eccl. 9:11)

So  for us it's better to focus on these brothers and sisters, to pray for them, and don't try to satisfy our curiosity with things we cannot change anyway.

The society supplies us with all we need to know! 

Edited by Rodejong

Pressed the Entter too manny times

2 hours ago, Rodejong said:

And why should we know what his motive was? It's not important. These are isolated incidents.

It's important to me, as well as his background. Some people are labelling these as Jehovah's Witness terrorism instead of terrorism AGAINST Jehovah's Witnesses. Knowing that he's a nationalist helps me a lot. I want to know exactly what his association with the congregation was.

Knowing that the German shooter was legitimately off-his-meds crazy helps me a lot. Now I know that these events were people who hate Witnesses becoming violent and NOT Witnesses becoming violent. 

3 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

It's important to me, as well as his background. Some people are labelling these as Jehovah's Witness terrorism instead of terrorism AGAINST Jehovah's Witnesses. Knowing that he's a nationalist helps me a lot. I want to know exactly what his association with the congregation was.

Knowing that the German shooter was legitimately off-his-meds crazy helps me a lot. Now I know that these events were people who hate Witnesses becoming violent and NOT Witnesses becoming violent. 

Does it really make a difference to know that a crazy man or a witness-gone-against-JW is the perpetrator? 

To me it doesn't.

To me it shouldn't make a difference, as the advice will be the same. If someone has a hatred against us, we should warn the brothers of his threats or behaviour. The brothers keep an eye on everyone, but we can not safeguard everything for 100% against attacks as these.

Sometimes evil is just evil. But sometimes knowing why some have done evil helps me put humanity there where maybe at first I saw a monster. Not to excuse anything but for me understanding the person gives me an opportunity to see if there's something redeemable. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

14 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Sometimes evil is just evil. But sometimes knowing why some have done evil helps me put humanity there where maybe at first I saw a monster. Not to excuse anything but for me understanding the person gives me an opportunity to see if there's something redeemable. 

That's why I leave that with Jehovah. I don't need to worry about it. Maybe I am pragmatic about it, but it saves me from worrying. But to each their own I guess.

21 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

That's why I leave that with Jehovah. I don't need to worry about it. Maybe I am pragmatic about it, but it saves me from worrying. But to each their own I guess.

I have to say I agree with you. JEHOVAH is the one who determines who is redeemable and who isn't. We leave that to him because he alone can examine hearts and test kidneys. Only he knows the full range of what happened and why it occurred that way, as well as all the factors that motivated the MONSTER to carry out his evil operations. Personally I can't see why I should care about what may have driven the individual to murder innocent humans. I can't see any logical reason to explain the madness. That's why it's best to leave that to the righteous Judge.

I think that what we learned at the annual meeting (as applied to the inhabitants of Sodom and those who died in the flood) could be applied also to very many situations, including what happened in India recently. The information presented truly was food at the proper time.

I also agree that whatever information we need to know about the perpetrator (if need be) will be addressed by the Slave, perhaps in an update or a news release. For now, the Slave is focusing on providing comfort and support to all affected, and that should be our main focus.

Lest it be that anyone of us might be presenting or insisting on our personal opinions and inadvertently hurting the feelings of others here, it would be best to let the issue of what may or may not have motivated him rest until further notice.

The brother interviewed did a masterful job of answering her questions.  He didn't allow her to box him into a corner, he was nimble, if you know what I mean.

And it really wasn't the time or place to explain our stand on blood.  However, his response may have given the wrong impression.  Rather than say that JW's refuse blood transfusion, he said it's up to each person.  It's a personal choice.

That may be true in some sense.  But it's not like some of will and some of us won't.

This tragic event is bringing Jehovah's name a lot of publicity.  Maybe it will help rightly-disposed ones find Jehovah.

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

The brother interviewed did a masterful job of answering her questions.  He didn't allow her to box him into a corner, he was nimble, if you know what I mean.

And it really wasn't the time or place to explain our stand on blood.  However, his response may have given the wrong impression.  Rather than say that JW's refuse blood transfusion, he said it's up to each person.  It's a personal choice.

That may be true in some sense.  But it's not like some of will and some of us won't.

This tragic event is bringing Jehovah's name a lot of publicity.  Maybe it will help rightly-disposed ones find Jehovah.

As an Organization, we are taught that certain things are wrong (unacceptable) and certain things are alright (acceptable).... transfusions, whether to attend an event held in a place of false worship, use of alcohol, whether to marry an unbeliever, transplants, IVF, abortion, gay marriage, joining the military, immorality, smoking, drug abuse, celebrating holidays, flag salute, entertainment choices, style of dress and grooming, politics, you name it. But the onus is still on each individual Witness to choose. It is up to each one of us to decide whether we will follow what we have learned the Bible says on any given matter, so really in that sense, it's all personal choice. The Organization doesn't force or police us to do or not to do these things. At best, they admonish or guide us. However, as with every choice, there are consequences. 

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

He could have meant something about blood fractions and how that's a choice, but it came across a bit like it was no big deal to get a transfusion even though we are against them. 

2 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

He could have meant something about blood fractions and how that's a choice, but it came across a bit like it was no big deal to get a transfusion even though we are against them. 

Please see my post above.

Summary: There is the Bible's stance that the Organization educates us about, but each of us must decide. Even for transfusion of whole blood components, each individual Witness has the choice to obey Jehovah or not. The GB can not force you to choose to obey. However every choice we make (whether to obey or disobey) has consequences. Of course, that was not the time to talk about disfellowshipping or reproofs. In short, was that really a time to go into a lengthy discussion about  blood transfusions/blood fractions? Might that not have led to a bit of confusion,  perhaps detracting from the overall focus of the interview? Anyone who wishes to known our stand on these matters should simply visit our website. It's all there, for free.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:12 AM, Rodejong said:

I agree that a statement like this is not appropriate.

But I would rather send a kind reminder to the poster in a private message than to "out" him/her in public. 

Besides this, sometimes we get lost in (emotional) translation, which we as humans do often. Outrage does bring up the worse in us sometimes.

So if you see something, write to the person who posted it, and if there is no reaction, than please report it! 

Thanks for good advice