JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India

The video is a good reminder that we should be aware of the exits and fire extinguishers when we enter any building. We should also be aware of the health hazards of burning plastic. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

"On Sunday, October 29, 2023, at least two bombs exploded at the regional convention held in Kerala, India. The incident occurred just after the opening prayer.

According to initial reports, two of our sisters were killed. At least 55 individuals were injured. There were over 2,200 people in attendance. The police are currently investigating the situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy. - Psalm 9:9."

https://www.jw.org/en/news/

55 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Voici la vidéo originale, si vous en avez besoin, téléchargez-la simplement.

S'il n'est pas autorisé de quitter la vidéo, veuillez laisser un modérateur la supprimer

For some of us: maybe warning that the screaming is unbearable, dear Dhanyel/ It's heartbreaking.

46 minutes ago, Parale said:

image.png.94bb3ca3941fd455f31692a8ae90a319.png

Horrible.

It's sad to see this happen, when your are in peace, worshipping Jehovah, Just said Amen, and 2 of our sisters are Gone! 😢 

Horrible world we live in. We can only pray, but we can pray to Jehovah to strengthen them. 

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

I find it telling that here, in Australia at least, none of the major print news outlets have mentioned it. At least nothing showing up right now when running a Google search for events in the past 24hrs.

Yet, if it had a been a blood transfusion or child abuse story, it would have been plastered (as it has been in the past) across the front page.

Edited by SteveAus

26 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

I find it telling that here, in Australia at least, none of the major print news outlets have mentioned it. At least nothing showing up right now when running a Google search for events in the past 24hrs.

Yet, if it had a been a blood transfusion or child abuse story, it would have been plastered (as it has been in the past) across the front page.

That same goes for the Netherlands and Denmark who are more shocked about the death of an actor, too much time used on Israel and the region and even Ukraine is gone to the last minute of the news. And the elections are prime subject as well

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

6 hours ago, sania said:

Now a man named Dominic Martin came forward claiming that he was behind the bomb blast. He said he was an ex Jw and the teachings of Jehovah's witnesses are bad to society.. 

Those people are so twisted and wicked by thinking to kill others.

Also, this presents another dilemma for security of the venues we us for conventions. 
Anybody can dress up and attend, smuggle knife or other objects. 
I think we cannot be naive that after Hamburg and India attacks … third will not happen.
I recon security needs to be dramatically increased once again.  

These are my personal thoughts on the matter. 

6 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

I'm guessing security will be reinforced at conventions from now on.

We have posted same thoughts at the same time 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It's of interest to note, that first, our brothers and sisters in Germany, get a Mass Shooting inside there Kingdom Halls, then our brothers and sisters get a bombing inside their Regional Convention, now in INDIA! This reminds me what our United States Branch Spokesman, Bro. Robert Hendricks said with a question:

"We DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OF A HEDGE OF A PROTECTION, that Jehovah WILL ALLOW on his people today, during meetings and conventions?"

Perhaps we are starting to get our answers from these to events that were no doubt allowed by Jehovah God to happen after all, so far.

Edited by Enoch

When I first read this story this morning I thought this meant he was an apostate...

He claimed that he had been a zealous member of the group for 16 years, but had become disillusioned with its “anti-national messaging” in 2017.

(https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/people-killed-several-injured-in-explosion-at-a-convention-centre-in-kalamassery/article67472535.ece)

However, the other explanation (that he was a 'long-term' Bible Study) makes more sense.

If he was indeed an apostate, we want to talk as little as possible about him. He doesn't deserve to have his propaganda spread about on our forums.

• carlos changed the title to BREAKING NEWS | Explosion at Convention in India