JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How can I contact someone at JWTalk without registering for an account?

Mike - only the moderators can see your full name - EVERYONE else sees just your first name.

In fact, take a look around and see if you see the full name of any one other than yourself. This will give you comfort that they can't see yours either.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Sorry about the picture being stolen. 

If you respond to the email request asking for more info or PM one of the moderators with more info, like: what YouTube channel and which post in the channel - we might be able to hunt down the perpetrator. We enjoy doing that and have quite a few tools at our disposal. These tools have helped us catch "bad guys" in the past  :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Two days I typed close account, not being familiar with the site and was looking for a deactivate in settings but never found that. I got a little flustered so now "close account" seems to be unremoveqable across the top of my profile. I am embarrassed. Please tell me how to remove this. It is taking me a bit to get familiar with around the site.

I was wondering if there was such if I might need to. It doesn't seem like I will though.

Tyhank you for LIKES and comments. It will take some time to get acquainted. Here is better encouraging. Thank you for welcoming me.

Ok I fixed it .. So what would like to do ..?

We all make mistakes in posting here so don't worry about it ... You won't break anything...

So would you like to stay? It is up to you...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Is there a way to edit personal information such as your name on your profile?

Only your first name is visible to others and yes you can edit that in your own profile.

Your FULL name you gave as part of registering is only seen by the moderators. As proof - try and look at others full name (they are there, but you can't see them - neither can they see yours). That is not something we allow editing. You could PM a mod if it is misspelled or changed (YEAH!! you got married and want to change your name!! :bouncing:  )

Soon .....

• 1 month later...

I don't really understand why anyone would want to contact the forum administrators, and not register for an account. What are these people afraid of, or what are they hiding? Register, or don't register. What's the purpose of this ruse?

It happens sometimes because like me - a longtime user - I logged in last week and nothing happened, wouldn't accept it - I logged in again yesterday with my username and cut and paste the password I was given last year and it wouldn't accept it. I logged in with my email instead and cut and paste the password and still nothing, so I had no way of posting or asking anything onsite, so the admin email address can be handy. They have all my profile info already, so shouldn't have to re-register.

As it happens today I logged in without any hold ups, so I don't know what happened - Maybe I spelled something wrong in the username area and after a few tries it just stopped accepting my tries - can't be the password as that was cut and paste?????? Anyway, Hurrah - I have access at last to all my old friends and new friends on here.

• 2 months later...

I'm fairly new to this site & have read your membership policy but don't know how to do this if it's even allowed. I stumbled onto this site by a happy mistake.  I thought I had read where someone had posted a notebook for the convention but can't find it so not sure. I've already been to an international convention so I don't need a notebook for that. I have prepared a notebook for the CA (first one), as I've done for years for the assemblies and conventions, and was wondering if posting it here is allowed and if so under what topic?

If it is under 2MB and in PDF format, you can click on "files library" at the top of the page and upload it yourself. Just follow the steps once you click on "upload"

Thank you. I will hopefully learn how to move aroung this site. I enjoy reading what others are posting and the many discussions.

• 6 months later...

**Please Help**

On 5/26/14 I sent a message to 1 of the moderators asking for more permissions please. However, I'm still awaiting for a response. I thought I sent it to "dismal-bliss"? Prior to that, I needed to provide the moderators with some of my "detailed" information; I believe, to confirm my status as an active sister & witness :). Although, I goofed... i forgot what it was I needed to provide u with? Please accept my deepest apology :). Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Sister Beary Sweet

Mia, you have an account here. This is why you were able to post your comment.

Are there specific permissions you are looking for?

Soon .....

Mia, to create an "album" on this site you have to get permission from the Klingon High Counsel first.

Oh, who are they?

Perhaps you could PM our dear Sister Sweet and get her in touch with who she needs. :thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Oh, who are they?

Perhaps you could PM our dear Sister Sweet and get her in touch with who she needs. :thumbsup:

I'm having trouble "reading" you here Jerry - are you upset with me? It was just meant to be a joke. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, I really thought you'd find it funny. Sincere apologies.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Ok, thanks Shali. So this sister who is having trouble can disregard these previous post.

I just don't want her confused. She doesn't need any other approvals.

Sister Sweet, are you able to post your album now?

Soon .....

Maybe I goofed again?? Yesterday I tried posting some photo's of the International Seoul Korean Convention that we attended. However, it said i could not create an album since i did not have permissions. Thought u guys could help :)

I'll have to look into the Gallery permissions when I have the time. They are seperate from the forum permissions, so something may have been overlooked when we switched to using this software.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Hi friends,

Is it possible to be considered for full membership at this time? I read a lot, but don't post a whole lot since I come here periodically, being very busy. I've been a member for a long time though, If that helps.

Keep up the good work you do.

Much love, Trenton

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/2780-im-in-limited-access-mode-how-do-i-get-full-access/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25