JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Turtle Man

Sorry but under British Law this man would be prosecuted for cruelty to animals by the RSPCA and the Police. Animals are not here to be abused for our entertainment, they feel pain and fright and it was not nice swinging the creature by the tail and clamping his hand over it's face to 'kiss' it. It was snapping because it was afraid and defending itself. We should show some respect for God's creatures and in my opinion this clip does not do that. Sorry, but I found it distressing and the people ignorant and silly.

I totally agree with you, Helen. I love animals and I think that guy's a real jerk. It pains me to see animals being abused in this way by idiots who are trying to make themselves look brave by harming defenseless creatures.

So, my question is: Why would anybody post this and think it's funny?? (td)

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I come in:peace: I wasn't posting to be funny Babes, After watching our Steve Urvwin for many years, I saw a similar nature in this man both kinda annoying. Maybe my humor is slightly different to the rest/ I was not wishing to upset or be funny. Just after he I thought rescues the animals. I thought he is kinda set back. the pay he gets is almost like a barter system I thought. I don't ever go along with animal cruelty. I thought how he handles the animals was brave. I would not put myself in that position. I am chicken hearted.:(

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What makes a person grabbing an animal by it's tail 'brave'? This ignorant blow-hard of a fool is not 'brave'...It's hard to understand him, but he's talking about going after turtle meat.

There are many animal lovers on this forum, so perhaps we need to be a bit more judicious as to what we post here.

Apology accepted.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

This guy has no teeth and plays in algae laden waters.

Steve Irwin was a clean cut guy who loved animals.

If you go to Turtle-Man.com there is nothing there except a t-shirt you can buy for $15. Bad video, bad website, bad teeth, all testify to the type of man that he is.

I am not gonna comment about grabbing by the tail or clasping the mouth to kiss the turtle, etc. I am not that sensitive and if his intentions were to eat the creature then so be it.

If you want real bravery, watch Gator Boys on Animal Planet. Our family is quite addicted to this show :)

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

I am not gonna comment about grabbing by the tail or clasping the mouth to kiss the turtle' date=' etc. I am not that sensitive and if his intentions were to eat the creature then so be it. [/quote'] I was expecting for Musky's comment with something like that...........:pinch:

126364=7039-turtlesoup.jpg

...absolute rubbish...

Hello All,

I have seen the call of the wild-man show several times. This guy is definitely quirky and odd, but he means well. He is not out to catch and eat the turtles. You get these snapping turtles that will eat ducks out of peoples ponds and deal a pretty nasty bite if they get a hold of something or someone. His purpose is to remove snappers from farms ect and release them back into the wild where they can live happily and not bite anything or anyone. He does the same with foxes, coyotes and other critters that get in and around these farms and eat chickens and whatever else they get into. Every show I've seen so far shows the catch and then at the end the release. He is doing a service for some of the locals that are not able to do it on their own. And also the shows I have seen, while he may initially grab at the turtles tail, when he brings it up out of the water he is usually supporting the bottom of the shell as well so as not to harm the turtle.

Just my observations.

http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/2008/12/28/the-turtle-man/

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/06/1949009/rich-copley-kentuckys-turtle-man.html

His purpose is to remove snappers from farms ect and release them back into the wild where they can live happily and not bite anything or anyone. He does the same with foxes, coyotes and other critters that get in and around these farms and eat chickens and whatever else they get into.

Sounds like Gator Boys. I love Gator Boys.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

• 4 weeks later...

I watch Turtle Man occasionally and last week he had to get rid of Groundhogs & Skunks.

I had only seen Groundhogs in Groundhog Day & Skunks on cartoons.

It was interesting to see them for real. What amazed me was how nasty Groundhogs can be, I imagined them to be sleepy little creatures.

He got sprayed by the Skunks and he had to bath in a mixture of tomato soup, apples cider vinegar and something else which I can't recall :?

As for Steve Urwin, he grew on me and I was quite sad when he died.

He seemed a genuinely nice guy and someone who I'd love to meet in the resurrection, if he's there.

His zoo in Queensland is great.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have seen the call of the wild-man show several times. This guy is definitely quirky and odd, but he means well. He is not out to catch and eat the turtles. You get these snapping turtles that will eat ducks out of peoples ponds and deal a pretty nasty bite if they get a hold of something or someone. His purpose is to remove snappers from farms ect and release them back into the wild where they can live happily and not bite anything or anyone. He does the same with foxes, coyotes and other critters that get in and around these farms and eat chickens and whatever else they get into. Every show I've seen so far shows the catch and then at the end the release. He is doing a service for some of the locals that are not able to do it on their own. And also the shows I have seen, while he may initially grab at the turtles tail, when he brings it up out of the water he is usually supporting the bottom of the shell as well so as not to harm the turtle.

Just my observations.

http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/2008/12/28/the-turtle-man/

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/06/1949009/rich-copley-kentuckys-turtle-man.html

I agree I've seen bits and pieces of his show a few times. I don't think he wants to hurt or eat them, but is ridding the neighborhood of pesky animals. On one of the shows he went into a horse stable and rid it of an opposm* (spelled wrong sorry). I love most animals, but I could NOT do what they are doing. Maybe in the New System I can touch some of them. lol

• 11 months later...

He catches skunks (and gets sprayed), fox, racoons, snapping turtles, rats, and others creatures.

Once the State was going to drain a water hole near a road, Turtle Man relocated all the turtles to a safe place where they could live out there lives.

Then, he does this out of kindness, or by trade goods. Like food, tools, or a ride in a race car.

He lives in a shack. He has his bath outside in a wash tub.  Missing teeth, but has all ten fingers still.

His momma said, He has loved all kinds of creatures since he was a little boy.

I come in:peace: I wasn't posting to be funny Babes, After watching our Steve Urvwin for many years, I saw a similar nature in this man both kinda annoying. Maybe my humor is slightly different to the rest/ I was not wishing to upset or be funny. Just after he I thought rescues the animals. I thought he is kinda set back. the pay he gets is almost like a barter system I thought. I don't ever go along with animal cruelty. I thought how he handles the animals was brave. I would not put myself in that position. I am chicken hearted. :(

I'm with you Ava. Definately some discrimination going on here. God is not partial folks. And you can't be pro Irwin and anti Turtle man. just flat out discrimnating!!!!   :lol:  Both show are 99% show biz, 1% save the animals. Irwin was just prettier and had a bigger budget (and ego). By the way, I have never seen the turtle man dangle a baby in front of one of the turtles. :uhhuh: