JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I just got an email from the Central Bank of Nigeria

Central Bank of Nigeria

Your Payment Notification

Attn: Beneficiary.

Sequel to the secretive arrangement between the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the president of the federal republic of Nigeria ( Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) during her visit to Nigeria August 9 2012,The agreement between them was that part payment of Ten million five hundred united states dollars (US$10.5M) will be release to all foreign beneficiaries and this include you .

Furthermore,We also wish to inform you that all the necessary modalities have been automatically concluded for payment to take effect as soon as we get your respond.Kindly Re-Confirm to us your complete delivery address for confirmation and payment.

Congratulations and remain blessed.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

Governor Central Bank of Nigeria

I'm not sure - do you think this might be a scam? :lol1:

I guess some things never change!

change -are you talking about pocket change? Answer the scam and you may not even have that.:no:

You would think these Nigerian scamers would know by now that the western world has been warned against them.:deadhorse:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Central Bank of Nigeria

Your Payment Notification

Attn: Beneficiary.

Sequel to the secretive arrangement between the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the president of the federal republic of Nigeria ( Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) during her visit to Nigeria August 9 2012,The agreement between them was that part payment of Ten million five hundred united states dollars (US$10.5M) will be release to all foreign beneficiaries and this include you .

Furthermore,We also wish to inform you that all the necessary modalities have been automatically concluded for payment to take effect as soon as we get your respond.Kindly Re-Confirm to us your complete delivery address for confirmation and payment.

I get them daily. When i first got one of these emails well let's just say i am blonde.

But i was also aware some friends were taken big time. These guys seem to target the elderly. One friend had a Congo in Africa he rents. Out he checked his. Account one day. There was a large sum that he knew he didn't spend he called the police but they were no help.

i think maybe when you see the title on your email. Is delete immediately. The more. You open these the more you will keep getting them. I have a friend from. Zimbabwe he says. They are pests. Lol

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If you decide to help them, let me know because I have a bridge to sell you. reasonably priced too.

LOL....I get them everyday too...It's funny that they'll address it to 'Dear Friend' but then they'll say that my 'name' came up...there's your first clue...why didn't they say 'Dear Gabriele'??

I guess they are successful sometimes by conning unsuspecting people or the elderly.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

It's a real 'Sign of the Times' that a few years ago people would never believe that by this century we would be regularly pestered by International Crime Gangs in our own homes.

My poor old Dad gets phone-calls at weird times day and night trying to get him to sell his shares in a famous oil company to them. It's called a type of 'Boiler-room' scam. They also send cloned faked official paperwork begging for them too or trying to sell/swap him shares in fake companies.

They want him to send his shares and they promise to pay more than their current value. However, they also want him to transfer money for an indemnity Insurance to 'cover them' as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Another attempted theft of his money/bank details as well as his shares. They are claiming to be from America, but have a number in India and these people have Indian accents. There seems to be nothing the UK authorities here can do about foreign gangs pestering people and it is expensive asking the phone company to block the number when the criminals change their calling number, company name, executives' names regularly anyway.