JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

moonshine

Have you ever tried moonshine. WOW it'll knock you out of your socks. Grumpy gave me some that his friend made and told me to "Bottom Up". I did and it took me 10 minutes to get my breath back.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Have you ever tried moonshine. WOW it'll knock you out of your socks. Grumpy gave me some that his friend made and told me to "Bottom Up". I did and it took me 10 minutes to get my breath back.

no, would love to try it though. I hear it can burn out your tonsils! :P

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Me to,they always had it at my uncles growing up.It was like drinking fire.

I hear its one of those knock you off your socks burn your brain cells type of alcohol. Id like to try it once myself I guess. Its only illegal if your not a registered person. Like Lynn said, its all about taxes.the ones who are illegal make it in backcountry roads and pay no taxes on what they sell. Its an interesting show to see thougn.

I was looking at that new show on the discovery channel called Moonshine.

why is moonshine illegal anyway?

it sounds like a fun drink...:lol2::drink:

Taxes

yup, and then these cops are hunting them down in the back woods to put them in jail.....please, Gimme a break...

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I have heard of Moonshine. Through all the movies &Dukes of hazard. Lol. Is it anything like Grappa?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Grappa is a wine based drink that is between 70 and 120 proof.

Moonshine is sour mash (corn usually). It is a clear liquid when distilled and filtered.

It basically is unaged bourbon. Bourbon is sour mash that is aged for years in new oak barrels (that's what gives it that golden color)

The used oak barrels can then be used for whiskeys and blends but never again for bourbon.

In the US you can purchase legal moonshine at your local liquor stores

I think Jack Daniels has its version labeled "White Dog"

Junior Johnson (1960's era NASCAR driver and illegal moonshine runner) has a legal brand out that is flavored: Apple Pie, Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry

Anyway, the same product, distilled and refined even further can become "ethanol"

Yeeeeeeeeehaw! It will make you want to slap your mama!

I was looking at that new show on the discovery channel called Moonshine.

Yeah, I've seen the show. What's with the two guys who can't have anything go right? :lol2: I don't remember their names - the one guy rides the motorcycle with the dog on his lap. :S They can't agree on anything. They are always falling or almost having something large and heavy fall on them, the one guy almost has his leg cut off by his friend's chainsaw. One of them is throwing tools out of the pit and hits the other one with a pick ax. They cover the pit with a tarp during a heavy storm and it has holes in it, flooding the pit. There are probably other things I've forgotten...

What's going to happen next? The pit caves in on them? :popcorn:

:laugh: you're funny Gary, what about slapping your grandma?? heehee

:heart:

Moonshine is illegal for a number of "reasons".

One is that many of the old time moonshiners made it with whatever materials they had on hand. This meant that the "cookers" they used might not have been food grade and the piping they used may have had lead. This made the finished product a bit "toxic" and caused physical problems besides intoxication. There were people who died or went blind from such moonshine.

Another "reason" is that they do not follow the regulations on the alcohol content and much of the moonshine made is far above the alcohol percentage that is legal for sale in the US.

Mainly, with modern moonshiners using high-quality equipment and making a product that is every bit as good and pure as any commercial brew is TAXES. The Government wants their cut.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Moonshine is illegal for a number of "reasons".

One is that many of the old time moonshiners made it with whatever materials they had on hand. This meant that the "cookers" they used might not have been food grade and the piping they used may have had lead. This made the finished product a bit "toxic" and caused physical problems besides intoxication. There were people who died or went blind from such moonshine.

To elaborate further... ethanol comes from corn alcohol. The ethanol used in automotive fuel has an additive that makes ethanol poisonous to drink and, thus, legal to sell for fuel. Normally, ethanol is not poisonous.

By contrast methanol is wood alcohol. Wood alcohol is naturally poisonous and will make a person blind.

Grappa is a wine based drink that is between 70 and 120 proof.

Moonshine is sour mash (corn usually). It is a clear liquid when distilled and filtered.

It basically is unaged bourbon. Bourbon is sour mash that is aged for years in new oak barrels (that's what gives it that golden color)

The used oak barrels can then be used for whiskeys and blends but never again for bourbon.

In the US you can purchase legal moonshine at your local liquor stores

I think Jack Daniels has its version labeled "White Dog"

Junior Johnson (1960's era NASCAR driver and illegal moonshine runner) has a legal brand out that is flavored: Apple Pie, Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry

Anyway, the same product, distilled and refined even further can become "ethanol"

Thanks for explaining the difference. Bro. I had wondered how it was made. Why it has been the cause of many arrested & jailed.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."