JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

At least 27 dead including children in Connecticut school shooting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4111 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It has come out that the 20 yr old had mental problems - sometime these mental problems are demonic in origin or used by demons to commit such atrocities.

Jehovah sure has every right to end this world and soon will undo all this harm-even the memory of them will be gone -(Psalm 37:10) 10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. :readbible:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

This is from the aug 2012 awake ( about violence ). Usually, the perpetrators have been feeding their wrong inclinations to begin with:

[box on page 6]

VIOLENCE STARTS WITHIN

Even though violence may be triggered by a number of elements, its primary roots lie within ourselves. How so? Jesus Christ, who had profound insight into the human heart, stated: “Out of the heart of men, injurious reasonings issue forth: fornications, thieveries, murders, adulteries, covetings, acts of wickedness, deceit, loose conduct, an envious eye, blasphemy, haughtiness, unreasonableness.” (Mark 7:21, 22) We feed such wrong inclinations when we repeatedly look at, listen to, or think about bad things.—James 1:14, 15.

On the other hand, when we feed our mind with wholesome things, such as those mentioned in the article on page 8, we starve and “deaden” bad desires and nurture good ones. (Colossians 3:5; Philippians 4:8) God will then help us “to be made mighty in the man [we] are inside.”—Ephesians 3:16.

We live in a world where some think nothing of shooting school children--

“The majority of those who died were children — beautiful, little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old,” Obama said.

Can't wait until we have a world where we don't have to even think about such atrocities. Our thoughts and prayers are in behalf of those parents, families who lost part of themselves today. Life will never be the same for them.

i saw what happen on sky news i was in tears it was so sad and upsetting how can someone do this to go and kill little childen i cant belive it i hate to think what could happan if we had guns in the uk may jehovah remember them may his kingdom come very soon and how we need it stay strong people its only gonna get worse.

I have a really dumb question that always gets me in the back of my mind about these things.

Jehovah has the power to say, "Oh no you don't! Those are my gifts, my children!" Snap his finger and obliterate the creep. Why don't he? He steps in other times, why not times like this?

Also, Jehovah hates a liar, correct? What about the situation with the shooting? The teacher, Victoria Soto, hid the kids in the closet, and told the gunmen they are in the gym instead, and he killed her. Therefore saving the kids that were hidden. Does Jehovah consider this situation different because she traded her life for theirs?

There is so much "hatred" going through my mind right now, I can't begin to fathom what the parents of the victims are going through. I am scared to death to send my kids on the school bus now, wondering if at 3pm I am going to see them hop off the bus and run willy nilly back into our home.

I HATE Satan - he is the one behind this, and all others massacres and all the evil in the world.

Satan had full control of this situation, this man was a puppet in his hands.

There is no sense at all in tragic incidents like this because we don't have the mind of Satan. We try and fill our minds with good, righteous things and we can't fathom things like this. It's so demonic. Especially at this time of year Satan and the demons seem to have the world in their grasp carrying out his wishes and celebrating a pagan holiday that offends Jehovah.

Perhaps there will be some people who will recognise the ring of truth and comfort in the Bible after this tragedy, we just don't know.

More evidence Satan is running out of time and his evil is escalating.

This morning at meeting for field service, we went over some scriptures & tracts to use, per news item. At one RV, my wife read 2 Cor. 1:3,4 to her as she is grade school teacher. After reading she hugged my wife & thanked her. Before she has made good comments on young Jw student in her class.

I haven't heard a lot about the situation yet. That's what I get for getting rid of the TV.

Does anyone know if any Witness children were at that school?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Micah - Lying involves hiding the truth from those who have a right to know, and people do have that right at least 99% of the time. But in this case, of course, the gunman had no right to know where the children were, to harm them. This is the reasoning I recall from the publications discussing something like this.

Hi Rick! That is the way I was taught too. Like when Rahab hid the spies and said they left by a different route---that was in a WT and that was the point that was brought out. It was also followed up by our CO asking a newly baptized young man a hypothetical question. He said what would you say if the GT broke out and a government offical asked you the names and addresses plus phne numbers of your brothers and sisters. What would you do. The new brother said "I would not lie. I would give them all the information I knew." The CO then said "Remind me never to give you my address." He then went on to say that they had no right to the information so you would not divulge the info that would bring harm to our spiritiual family.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I am with you Micah. I don.t like the thought of sending mine on the buses or by themselves. Even

School excursions. I say they can go as long as.i can drive them

My hubby doesn.t agree with me for that.

As any loving parent knows. That joy you find out you are going to

Be a mum or dad. You bond from day 1. You do all you can. Then you get to hold

That fragile looking cheery bundle & that you mesmorized by

At the stages they go.thru. When I heard of this tragedy its like a knife

Going thru you. I look at my kids they are the same ages..

I think of the song Life Without End at last.. & THE SCRIPT. No Cobra

Will harm a child. How good to kNow that no Child.will be hurt by anyone

Or an illness. We need Jehovah.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."