JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The "Today" page now has everything I need for meetings. The links work and I'm a happy bunny. I would like the music for the songs as I can read music enough to work out the tune, but find it more difficult with just lyrics, especially in Czech.

Is it just me, is it a New Feature, or is it a mistake?  ...   but has anyone else noticed that on the  "Today" page at the bottom we now have TWO WT's to choose from?

It looks like the reg. WT and now a Simplified version too!

Has this always been there but I just didn't notice it until I updated with iOS 8, or maybe it was with the re-Cache I did?

(this App is one of the reasons why I went with Apple as a theocratic tablet for studying - let's see what the next updated version of JW Library brings.)

nevermind, all I had to do was read   ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/53638019-Coming-Soon-Version-3-2-0

Edited by timpin

Note with ios 8, u can share the app with family. So if you spouse has an ipad, u can share the appSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How?. I thought with paid apps each different account had to buy their own apps.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Overall it is an amazing appl!  Well worth the $. 

Sometimes I have to click on the scripture twice lately, because the first click tells me it's not cached yet   ...   is anyone else having this problem?

Sometimes I have to click on the scripture twice lately, because the first click tells me it's not cached yet   ...   is anyone else having this problem?

Click on Bible and see if there is a cloud at the top. If so, the Bible needs to be downloaded.  Just click on the cloud - download takes a while.  I had the same problem with the Bible and the Daily Text after the last update.

No cloud because it works when I click on the scripture the second time - so it is already downloaded. 

Sometimes On the first click it says "Scripture not yet cached. Try opening this again in a few seconds as it may have cached in the background" 

• 2 weeks later...

For those that use Equipd, do you ever get a fear that its not coming directly from JW.org but through a 3rd party...??  I LOVE the way it is designed but the paranoid side of me had a nightmare the other night that when I was reading the Wat on Sunday everything that I was saying was wrong!!

An elder in my hall uses GoodReader: he uploads directly from the website as a PDF.  Since the scriptures are not linked he then looks them up and cuts/pastes into whatever publication is being done at the meeting.

I am torn lol. 

...suggestions...??

For those that use Equipd, do you ever get a fear that its not coming directly from JW.org but through a 3rd party...??  I LOVE the way it is designed but the paranoid side of me had a nightmare the other night that when I was reading the Wat on Sunday everything that I was saying was wrong!!

An elder in my hall uses GoodReader: he uploads directly from the website as a PDF.  Since the scriptures are not linked he then looks them up and cuts/pastes into whatever publication is being done at the meeting.

I am torn lol. 

...suggestions...??

IFrom what I recall from other posts, apparently  Equipd downloads the material from it's own servers... 

But it states this on their website:

http://www.equipd.me/

Things you should know...

Equipd is like a beautifully crafted - but empty - bookcase. Once it is installed you can start filling it up with source material from www.jw.org. Equipd is tightly integrated with the Watchtower Online Library (WOL), allowing you to cache content on demand and read the Bible and publications offline, where-ever you are. You can quickly jump from anywhere in Equipd to the WOL website to view the original source material.

The only exception to this are the alternate Bible Translations such as the King James Version, American Standard Version, World English Bible, and 23 other alternate Bible versions. The files for these versions are stored on the Equipd servers.

But then I also read this in the case of a yet to e release featured:

http://support.equipd.me/entries/51560917-Will-Equipd-automatically-update-when-changes-are-made-on-WOL-

So how does this unpublicised feature work?

• I will periodically check WOL for updates (typically once a week or fortnight).
  • I will then update the lightweight language definition files used in Equipd.
  • After testing where possible, I will make these updates available on my servers.
  • Your copy of Equipd will then detect any updates to these language files and will download and install them in your copy of Equipd.

Click on Bible and see if there is a cloud at the top. If so, the Bible needs to be downloaded.  Just click on the cloud - download takes a while.  I had the same problem with the Bible and the Daily Text after the last update.

Thank you, that did the trick   ...   btw, did you know that even the Concordance is on Equipd!   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

I just use simple .. very simple method for my meeting preparation

Step 1  - read designated publication (Watchtower study etc)

Step 2  - meditate a while on the material - get main points

Step 3 - Do research on my computer using CD- library or online version

If time allows meditate more... 

All these electronic tools  ( Although I am frequent user of iPad)  are good but there is danger of doing things quick ! on the go so to speak but for me meditation on the material really drives the point and sorts out material in my imperfect brain and heart.

Did I mention step 4 ???? ... of course more meditation ha ha ha :thumbsup:  :bible2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I see nothing has changed yet for equipd - http://support.equipd.me/entries/53821345-The-Future-of-Equipd

His post today Oct 22 - "The status quo still holds. Official direction is pending."

I certainly hope this changes soon - as this has been a great app for many who are in foreign language groups and congregations. 

The best of course would be to have the JW Library app - quickly and easily switch between selected languages as Equipd does. Then there would no longer be a need, but until then .....

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I am torn lol. 

...suggestions...??

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he wouldn't proceed like this if the Branch had told him to wait and see   ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/62030835-Coming-Soon-Version-3-4-0

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he wouldn't proceed like this if the Branch had told him to wait and see   ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/62030835-Coming-Soon-Version-3-4-0

I just updated. I was looking forward to seeing how the tv portion worked and it is NOT there. I went to the supoprt site and saw -

The JW Broadcasting browser was removed from this update due to various issues highlighted by Apple. It has been resubmitted for review by Apple and hopefully will not be too far away now.

http://support.equipd.me/entries/62030835-Version-3-4-0-Released

But, it does seem faster.  :thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How to Highlight and make notes in the Bible.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but there is a way to Highlight and add notes to scriptures in the Bible, the same as you can in other study material in Equipd. It's not perfect, but it does the job.

• From within Equipd, select "Websites" then "WOL"

• In the search box, enter the block of scriptures you want. For example, next weeks Bible reading: "Deuteronomy 14-18"

• Once you finish typing, you'll see two search options: "Bible" and "Search." Select "Bible"

That search will return Deuteronomy 14:1 to 18:22 as a single page.

• Tap the + icon at the top of the screen and add it to your Briefcase.

• Change the name from "Bible" to "Deuteronomy 14-18" or whatever you like, and a reference if you like, and choose which Briefcase to save it to.

• Once you have saved it, open it in the Briefcase and you will now be able to Highlight and add notes to the scriptures. :)

I just updated. I was looking forward to seeing how the tv portion worked and it is NOT there. I went to the supoprt site and saw -

http://support.equipd.me/entries/62030835-Version-3-4-0-Released

But, it does seem faster.   :thumbsup:

This would seem to indicate that he is listening to and paying attention to direction from the Branch, eh?   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me