JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hi Joao, I think you didn't understand me correctly. :)

Look what the policy says:

So the point forbidding apps from downloading publications, whether with a static or dynamic connection, applies only to apps that charge money or have a cost. It doesn't apply to free apps.

I don't use Equipd, but from what I've heard here it has a price. Then that program is no longer allowed to download the publications.

I use an Android app named JW Reader. It shows me the daily text and allows easily downloading the magazines and other publications. It is completely free and has no advertizing. This is still allowed.

Of course this is only my understanding and I am not a lawyer. :)

I am sorry Carlos, I was considering the part of not connecting to the site as an isolated item... You're absolutely right (but I'me not a lawyer either :))

Simply a copy of the cd. And it doesn't get updated monthly with the latest magazines.

So for those it will be back to dl'ing them each month.

I will probably switch back to the android tablet for the 2 windows.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I wonder how the sister will go who down loads and posts the daily text on this web site or the ones who quote watchtower articles.

Post Content from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, or social network

Oops! I just downloaded and posted content frrom jw.org and placed it on a social network.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

For others - click the three dots or open circles on the top right. You'll see "clear cache" in the list.

post-272-0-72135900-1409691577_thumb.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

There was a time when he was working on an android version, but then we came out with the JW Library app and that put a stop to it.

Now, it may stop all together. 

Soon .....

For others - click the three dots or open circles on the top right. You'll see "clear cache" in the list.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This worked out great for our mid-week (first time new C O format) meeting  - all in one app & JW library for songbook - no more iBooks needed, and maybe Documents for WMM highlights from MS.  

...at least until the next Major JW library update.   ... I'm sure Matt and Branch will come up with a nice mutual solution very soon    ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/23633133-Add-support-for-Our-Kingdom-Ministry-OKM-

Edited by timpin

We will probably discontinue all meekspace apps as well as not provide any more files (isilo included) in the future. We are discussing it now, but the terms are pretty explicit. 

Will this have an affect on WMM Highlights at MS?

The problem is, the society's (yes, this would be the correct term as an app is owned by the corporation not the slave) app is ONLY in English.

Equipd is available in over 170 languages. Until the JW library app covers at least a dozen languages we will need something other than it.

Soon .....

A friend sent this to me:

"I know a brother who knows the Overseer of the jw.org process. He is intimately acquainted with the JW Library app. He told me that the JW Library app is poised and ready to update with the abilities to download our Study WTs and now the OKM.  It is also ready to have the annotation ability. The delay is the GB has told the department that it MUST be up and running in more languages before they update into the next version."

A friend sent this to me:

"I know a brother who knows the Overseer of the jw.org process. He is intimately acquainted with the JW Library app. He told me that the JW Library app is poised and ready to update with the abilities to download our Study WTs and now the OKM.  It is also ready to have the annotation ability. The delay is the GB has told the department that it MUST be up and running in more languages before they update into the next version."

I can wait.  Equipd and epubs are good for now and if Equipd is removed, then I'll keep using epubs.  Honestly everything they supply on the JW Library app is sufficient for now, I'll just memorize my answers.  I'm glad the GB is waiting for more languages, that way it benefits a lot of brothers and sisters at the same time. It makes us more patient so the rest of the family won't be left out.

I reckon the jw library app is going to take over all these 3rd party apps. It can see it's gradually heading in that direction, with the additional publications and videos.. and it's free! See if I'm right. ;)

You probably are... Eventually all we'll need is the jw library. Its becoming very efficient!

Edited by Musky

Fixed quote

The Bible wasn't just written in a book.... but in creation itself

The problem is, the society's (yes, this would be the correct term as an app is owned by the corporation not the slave) app is ONLY in English.

Equipd is available in over 170 languages. Until the JW library app covers at least a dozen languages we will need something other than it.

For that reason maybe they'll work out a temp. arrangement  - for now "the topic is closed for comments" is on the bottom  of his support forum   ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/23633133-Add-support-for-Our-Kingdom-Ministry-OKM-

( btw Jerry wouldn't it be ...  societies' ) :)

Edited by timpin

I think this line makes it quite clear that unless there is a special agreement made then it will not be possible to use or view any of the information except directly through the use of a web browser.

"Misuse the website or its services, such as interfering with or accessing the website or its services using a method other than what is explicitly provided;"

The terms came in a popup for the first time just now for me.

Edited by Mykyl

"Misuse the website or its services, such as interfering with or accessing the website or its services using a method other than what is explicitly provided;"

RSS is an "explicitly provided" service, and quite a few of the JW-oriented apps are only reskinned RSS downloaders.

Of course the exact terms will have to be worked out on a case-by-case basis, but the new rules don't place a blanket ban on every single app that fetches new content.

We will probably discontinue all meekspace apps as well as not provide any more files (isilo included) in the future. We are discussing it now, but the terms are pretty explicit.

Oh well. I really like isilo. I like having the same ability as the wtlib cd on all my Android devices. Since the km's are available, maybe they will integrate the wt Cd on the wol online library. Maybe put some pictures with some files. Just a thought.
Edited by AHBrown173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

A side thought since the announcement was that the km's may be helpful for disfellowshipped ones to come back, I wonder how much of an influence jw.org has been in helping those ones to come back and be genuine worshippers back with us?

Edited by AHBrown173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible