JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I wonder if he will continue to update publications.

My eQuipd just updated with new publications  :bouncing:

It seems he will keep updating the publications for the next couple of months - until JWLibrary is updated.

http://support.equipd.me/entries/73961665-Now-that-Equipd-has-been-removed-from-the-App-Store-

As promised in the official announcement, I will continue to push updates of the latest publications to existing Equipd users for the foreseeable future. I cannot state for exactly how long, but ideally long enough to help users until they have another tool they can use to meet their requirements.
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have Equipt, and I like using it with other apps. I think it was worth the price. And I feel that when a brother puts time and effort into making an app like that, keeping it updated etc, it's worth the bit I paid for it. He did an excellent job. I did get an update the first of the year saying it would be phased out. He was going to remove it from the App Store and at some point stop. This was based on changes etc. I will miss it when it is gone.

But as the JW Library gets better...and the update this week was incredible, we will need fewer "filler" apps. I already deleted an app I was using for the children videos since I now have it in JW Library.

Awesome. I suppose the day we have Vietnamese in JWLibrary I won't need eQuip any more either, but until then - I am happy he is still updating the publications.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...

I am still using this for conducting the Vietnam CBS as JWLibrary doesn't have the "Keep Yourselves in Gods Love" book in Vietnamese - yet.

I am happy to see that the brother has been continuing the updates for the publications.

Soon .....

My wife has this on her iPad and loves it because with just double tapping on the screen, she can change from English to Spanish if she's having a hard time translating into Spanish in her head.  (We're in the Spanish congregation, but she's "anglo").  

I wonder if when Equipd no longer updates, I'll be able to load articles/books into the app via iFunbox or iFile (it's jailbroken).

If the jwlibrary app became like that - it would be awesome.

My favorite is the quick double tap to switch between languages and the ability to store those multiple language pubs off line.

I would be thrilled if it was adopted as an official app, as in JW Equipped. I can dream!  :uhhuh:

Jehovah gives us so many "good things" .. I personally think that in time JW LIBRARY will become better and better .. and it will surpass Equipd .. I think just time is needed ... I hope we get new update soon because I would love to highlight in the application and take notes ...

My eQuipd just updated with new publications   :bouncing:

It seems he will keep updating the publications for the next couple of months - until JWLibrary is updated.

http://support.equipd.me/entries/73961665-Now-that-Equipd-has-been-removed-from-the-App-Store-

A suggestion from John (hansolo8004) thank you.   

Just FYI, there's a link to email the developers at Bethel with suggestions. 

https://www.formstac...ower-jw_library

I would like to suggest a form of the "Today" page from Equipd that gives you the weekly meetings at a glance schedule and a way to click on every part to study.

Edited by timpin

• 1 month later...

Equipd is now in trouble... :(

http://support.equipd.me/entries/81677445-Warning-Breaking-Changes-on-WOL

Within the last 24 hours significant changes were made to the HTML structure and CSS styling used on WOL.jw.org.

What does this mean? It means that Equipd can no longer detect the content of articlesCaching pages from WOL from this point on will no longer work.

I would like to suggest a form of the "Today" page from Equipd that gives you the weekly meetings at a glance schedule and a way to click on every part to study.

Maybe it is a well known fact, mentioned here before, or overlooked- but in WOL if you click on the daily text you get a full week of parts with all info and links included. If this has been stated before forgive my repetition. :(

Maybe it is a well known fact, mentioned here before, or overlooked- but in WOL if you click on the daily text you get a full week of parts with all info and links included. If this has been stated before forgive my repetition. :(

Yes, wouldn't it be great to have that in JWLibrary?

You could once a month click sync and things you wanted sync'd - like that - would pull down while you had wifi and work when you don't have Internet access.

Also, when using wol.jw,org you can quickly switch between languages, but not in JWLibrary. This would be another great feature to add in JWLibrary.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Yes and if you use this address as your shortcut, you will go there every time.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e

Edited by Musky

... it was one of the things I loved about equipd. To reiterate what Carole said just click on the daily text box on WOL and all will be revealed.

If the best of JW Library (+ highlighting) merged with the best of WOL we'd have the best all around theocratic study/research app ever.

I can wait    ...  at least till next month!  (just in time for the R/C)

I just tried to DL files that I just hadn't gotten to and I see they are empty.

I tried doing a backup of eQuipd on my tablet and restored it on my phone - nope that didn't work either.

Oh well, I still have the tablet and Watchtowers that will get me to July 26th and the new CBS book in both languages - as well as the new "Kingdom" book (which I imagine we will do after the "Imitate" book). So, I should be good for some time.

I hope he comes up with a way to let us at least download (DL) the files that were already available - or maybe share them amongst each other.

Enjoy all   :wave:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

I'm going to see if my wife's iPad will allow files to be stored in Equipd's program via iFunbox.  That may work, but I'm not sure.  I'll try when I get home later tonight.  

If it works, the same functionality will be there, except you'll have to manually insert the files instead of download them.  And you'll have to have a jailbroken device to be able to do it.

I'm going to see if my wife's iPad will allow files to be stored in Equipd's program via iFunbox.  That may work, but I'm not sure.  I'll try when I get home later tonight.  

If it works, the same functionality will be there, except you'll have to manually insert the files instead of download them.  And you'll have to have a jailbroken device to be able to do it.

This may work for situations like Jerry's where the files were downloaded on one device before the change and not the other, but this won't help for new or updated files. Equipd can still download from WOL, but the site's format is not what Equipd is expecting.

One time when the bible caching was broken due to a similar change, I downloaded all the bible pages from WOL onto my computer, wrote a program to revert those changes and then hosted them on my network. I ran all my iPad's traffic through a proxy so it thought my computer was hosting wol.jw.org and Equipd was able to cache the files I made. This was a tedious project but was worth it because I had an assembly that week and needed Equipd to write my notes. 

At some point (I think v3.0) Matt changed Equipd so that he could update the program without releasing a new version on the app store in case the brother's changed how WOL pages were formatted. I'm guessing the latest changes were too substantial for a quick fix while out and about in Asia. 

Just realized that my Equipd stopped working. :-(.

Mine still works fine - as I am using it for today's watchtower, but it doesn't download anything that it hasn't downloaded before.

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

Nice update to this as well. Get it while you can. It lets you link your current eQuipd to the new one.

And I was able to DL the latest pubs - nice.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Don't pay more. There is no requirement to. This is mostly for those who didn't have the old one. Now if you want to add another language to your old version - you can't. You will need the new one. Or some other app.

Soon .....

Don't pay more. There is no requirement to. This is mostly for those who didn't have the old one. Now if you want to add another language to your old version - you can't. You will need the new one. Or some other app.

so if I have the old one that I paid 4.99, I have to pay an additional 1.99. So if i never had it now I pay 1.99 and full benefit? Im not a mathematician

, but something is wrong. Question to all. Is this an app to help the brothers, I believe so. But is this an app to gain $ ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so if I have the old one that I paid 4.99, I have to pay an additional 1.99. So if i never had it now I pay 1.99 and full benefit? Im not a mathematician

, but something is wrong. Question to all. Is this an app to help the brothers, I believe so. But is this an app to gain $ ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you payed 5, there is a button in the app to switch your app to the new one. But I think it will lose features