JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You better get Equipd while you still can   ...  

https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

Dear Equipd Users. 

It is with a tinge of sadness that I have decided to remove Equipd from the App Store. 

I encourage you to read the full announcement on the Support Forums here: http://support.equipd.me/entries/65364589-The-current-version-of-Equipd-to-be-removed-from-the-App-Store

Edited by timpin

You better get Equipd while you still can   ...  

https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

Dear Equipd Users. 

It is with a tinge of sadness that I have decided to remove Equipd from the App Store. 

I encourage you to read the full announcement on the Support Forums here: http://support.equipd.me/entries/65364589-The-current-version-of-Equipd-to-be-removed-from-the-App-Store

From all the specific details I've read, all is not lost - just no more new folks after the final/next update - Is that how you understand it too?   ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/65364589-The-current-version-of-Equipd-to-be-removed-from-the-App-Store 

Can I continue to use Equipd even after it is removed from the App Store?

Yes you can. Everything will continue to work. The changes in the Terms of Use were targeted at developers (like myself) who distribute software and tools to other users. As an end user you are not breaching the Terms of Use by simply using Equipd.

Will we continue to get the new magazines and OKM updates in Equipd?

I will keep pushing through the language updates for a number of months into the foreseeable future. I cannot state for exactly how long, but ideally long enough to equip users until they have another tool they can use to meet their requirements.

@ 100 replys in just the first day, both on FB & "E" Support forums!  

Here's a few I liked:

Maybe the JW Library team will "hire" you to make their app more versatile.

So, so sad to hear this. Personally I think the branch should model the official app after yours, since it's still way behind in overall functionality.

Edited by timpin

Thanks guys, this makes it sound like we can at least use everything that's on there up to and including when he finally pulls the plug  ...  

"I thus anticipate removing Equipd from the App Store towards the end of December. Please encourage your friends to update as soon as possible so they do not miss out."

Will existing users be able to reinstall Equipd from the App Store?

This is an extremely important question. No, you will not be able to reinstall Equipd from the App Store once I have removed it. Your ONLY OPTION will be to install Equipd via iTunes if you have backed up Equipd to your desktop or laptop computer using iTunes at some point. 

So - please backup your device using iTunes and transfer your app purchases. This will ensure you have a copy of the "Equipd.ipa" file on your computer so that you can install it on a new device, or reinstall on existing devices if needed in the future.

You can read about how to transfer app purchases to your computer here under the subheading "Transfer your purchases to your computer". 

Edited by timpin

From all the specific details I've read, all is not lost - just no more new folks after the final/next update - Is that how you understand it too? ... http://support.equipd.me/entries/65364589-The-current-version-of-Equipd-to-be-removed-from-the-App-Store

Can I continue to use Equipd even after it is removed from the App Store?

Yes you can. Everything will continue to work. The changes in the Terms of Use were targeted at developers (like myself) who distribute software and tools to other users. As an end user you are not breaching the Terms of Use by simply using Equipd.

Will we continue to get the new magazines and OKM updates in Equipd?

I will keep pushing through the language updates for a number of months into the foreseeable future. I cannot state for exactly how long, but ideally long enough to equip users until they have another tool they can use to meet their requirements.

@ 100 replys in just the first day, both on FB & "E" Support forums!

Here's a few I liked:

Maybe the JW Library team will "hire" you to make their app more versatile.

So, so sad to hear this. Personally I think the branch should model the official app after yours, since it's still way behind in overall functionality.

no new folks after final update. Still usable but no more updates to follow the last. Like using the original Motorola cell phone. Still can make calls, but not near the functionality that a smart phone has now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the jwlibrary app became like that - it would be awesome.

My favorite is the quick double tap to switch between languages and the ability to store those multiple language pubs off line.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The last update of Equipd arrived today. Please load it also with iTunes and save the "Equipd 3.4.3.ipa" file on your PC or Mac. As you know, Equipd will be removed from the App Store at the end of the month. You only will be able to reinstall it, if you have the ipa-file. New publications will be added to Equipd even after removing the App from the Store.

The last update of Equipd arrived today. Please load it also with iTunes and save the "Equipd 3.4.3.ipa" file on your PC or Mac. As you know, Equipd will be removed from the App Store at the end of the month. You only will be able to reinstall it, if you have the ipa-file. New publications will be added to Equipd even after removing the App from the Store.

After the Update - On the "Today" page, are ALL the weekly meeting parts showing up?  On MeekSpace, I'm hearing that some are having various problems like this on their iPads and iPhones.

I don't have the Service Meeting   .... anyone else losing meeting parts?

Edited by timpin

The service meeting parts are not there for this and coming weeks, but they are still there for previous weeks.

So, I wouldn't say I lost any, but I would say - it hasn't updated with the new ones.

He did say he would keep things updated. Perhaps with the work of updating Equipd he hasn't had time to update with the service meeting info? You can go to the KM and DL it in Equipd. 

Also note the February KM is available on jw.org.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You mean this?

Better yet 1) On the Today screen click the action menu top/right “…” 2) Click “Clear Cache” 3) The download button should reappear to download the files again

One would have to do that for each language.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Jehovah gives us so many "good things" .. I personally think that in time JW LIBRARY will become better and better .. and it will surpass Equipd .. I think just time is needed ... I hope we get new update soon because I would love to highlight in the application and take notes ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

By the way - How do you go to January 1, 2015?

I have changed the iPad date to January 1st 2015 and I was able to download the 2015 Today view.

I don't know if there is a better way to see the 2015 theocratic program in the Equipd Today view.

I would like to know also...

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Since the update has anyone else noticed that the Bible study, Reasoning book and Insight material for the week no longer holds its RED color, but quickly goes back to Black?   ...   What's up with that, can it be changed back to holding its Red color?  

Since the update has anyone else noticed that the Bible study, Reasoning book and Insight material for the week no longer holds its RED color, but quickly goes back to Black? ... What's up with that, can it be changed back to holding its Red color?

Yes, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on my while at lunch studying Draw Close to Jehovah. Not sure.......