JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

VATICAN CONFIRMS POPE BENEDICT XVI TO RESIGNS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4061 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Rajan. The whole Papacy thing is quite ridiculous. Most Catholics believe their Pope is somehow connected to the Apostle Peter and somehow have his blessing.

As if the apostle would approve... I don't think so! :no:

I'm not sure if they think they are descendants from him. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on what the connection is.

All

No matter who is the next Pope, he will be plague with Child Abuse Sex scandals. Those bishops knew what was going on in the 20th and 21st.century. So, no matter who is the next Pope, he will not be free from accusations. Thank God we have one leader who is Christ. It Jehovah our God is backing him and he chose him to to carry out this responsibilty.

I wonder if during some high level meetings with world leaders somebody may have given him a heads-up about plans they're putting in place to destroy his church.

Or perhaps the Pope's cousin could have shown him how to find the information for himself in his own bible.

If I was him I'd want to get out of there ASAP before the real fireworks start.

You were right it seems. http://theworldnewsmedia.org/European+government+to+issue+an+arrest+warrant+against+Ratzinger+and+a+public+lien+against+Vatican+property+and+assets+by+Easter.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Don't worry Simon. I googled it and managed to find it on the itccs website here http://itccs.org/

Thanks it was on that link but it seems to not be there any more.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Here's an extract from the above linked article on the itccs.org website: [italics mine]

5. It is the decision of our Tribunal and the said nation's government to proceed with the arrest of Joseph Ratzinger upon his vacating the office of the Roman Pontiff on a charge of crimes against humanity and criminal conspiracy.

6. It is our further decision to proceed as well with the indictment and arrest of Joseph Ratzinger's successor as Pope on the same charges; and to enforce the commercial lien and "Easter Reclamation Campaign" against the Roman Catholic church, as planned.

"Will they like new pope or will they prefer classic pope. I prefer diet pope." Quote from brother!!!!

:detective::detective::detective::

It looks like the one who takes over could be "pope on a rope". Who would want that job?:deadhorse:

It seems that the itccs is the international tribunal into crimes of church and state. I googled Easter reclamation campaign and quite a few websites have this information about why the pope resigned. Whether they're legit we'll have to wait and see.

We should probably keep a eye on that website. Their concluding remark was as follows:

Further bulletins on the events of the Easter Reclamation Campaign will be issued by our Office this week.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Yes Rajan. The whole Papacy thing is quite ridiculous. Most Catholics believe their Pope is somehow connected to the Apostle Peter and somehow have his blessing.

As if the apostle would approve... I don't think so! :no:

I'm not sure if they think they are descendants from him. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on what the connection is.

Catholics believe that the pope is “Saint Peter’s successor.”

According to a Roman Catholic definition, “Christ constituted St. Peter chief of all the apostles.” The Catholic Church further asserts that “Christ established that Peter should have perpetual successors in this primacy; and that the Roman bishops are these successors.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (2003), Volume 11, pages 495-496.

You can find more info in the article: *** w11 8/1 p. 24 Is the Pope “Saint Peter’s Successor”? ***

It answers to 3 interesting questions, the first one being answered is: Was Peter the First Pope?

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

It seems that the itccs is the international tribunal into crimes of church and state. I googled Easter reclamation campaign and quite a few websites have this information about why the pope resigned. Whether they're legit we'll have to wait and see.

Yes we will have to wait and see. It could just be big words but getting diplomatic letters sent and a European nation involved would require a bit of doing. Just the fact there may be some thinking about rinsing the Vaticans assets is quite interesting. We will have to see if any of the big news agencies take this story further. So far they have not picked it up. Whether they are scared too or not I dont know. Surely if it wasn't true then people could get done for libel.

Just reminder to all. The next main biblical event on the world scene is Cry of Peace and Security. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

You`re right, Glenn.That development will indicate that Jehovah’s day is to begin. Paul stated: “Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.” Knowing that the first phase of this “sudden destruction” is the attack against Babylon the Great (that is not "the falling", but "the destruction" of the harlot) and knowing that she will be wiped out rather quickly, as if “in one day”etc., ...well, honestly, all these details makes me very curious, more curious about the future destruction of the Babylon the Great than the cry of peace and security.

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

The ITCCS promised to cause all kinds of disruption over paedophile Priests and issued official looking ultimatums about arrests a few months ago and nothing happened apart from a few people standing with placards outside a Catholic conference. On the day they had said they would disrupt Church ceremonies around the World and implement arrests - like a kind of flash mob, it was rather quiet and nothing much happened. The person issuing the official looking documents seemed to be just a journalist with enough idea how to lay out an official looking document, but not much authority behind it to arrest who they said they would.We discussed this group in a couple of previous threads:http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?49,103108,105651#msg-105651

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?49,105491,page=3

I have no doubt that their grievances are true, but their power to have justice meted out seems not to be there. At least they are' a voice' publicising the unsorted scandals going on. They have brought to light the abuses of Native American children in Church-run establishments in Canada in the past - but getting authorities to recognise and act on their findings is something else. Jerry/Trottigy checked them out in the second thread reference above last September and said that they speak of Their 'Court' and it seems to be just them and they are only a few people, including investigative journalists, possibly self-made Reverends etc, heading up this organisation with no actual legal authority.

A friend on facebook had this as his post today

"I can do all things through He who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Pope retires due to lack of strength.

Someone's lying.

I so want a good reply!

1. We know it's impossible for God to lie

2. Pope is acknowledging that he and God aren't that well connected after all.

I listened to a talk once where a brother was discussing Matthew 24 and how the Roman army was essentially a peacekeeping force and they had to retaliate because of the actions of the Zealots who he described as a radical group. He said we don't know what may happen in the near future, but who knows if a radical group may stir things up.

I know I know the 's' word - speculation :whistling: but times are very interesting.