JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Joke. I knew when the 2020 Examining the Scriptures arrived 2020 would be special. The Literature servant asked if I wanted a new one. I said nah. Was this an omen of how 2020 would turn out.

2020-1.jpg

Edited by More4me2do

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

On 1/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, More4me2do said:

1st Joke. I knew when the 2020 Examining the Scriptures arrived 2020 would be special. The Literature servant asked if I wanted a new one. I said nah. Was this an omen of how 2020 would turn out.

2020-1.jpg

Oops!

As someone who spent years in book bindery and trimming (not bethel), I’ve done a few like that. It happens.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

Him: "I'm thinking about wearing this tie for our part on the broadcast"

Her: "What, and be mismatched? I don't think so honey..."

Him: "Well, it's not like I have any ties matching the dresses you brought along".

Her: "It needs altering anyway"

Him: "What does?"

image.png.69406389ed24e5bd650bc890b7787735.png

10 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Him: "I'm thinking about wearing this tie for our part on the broadcast"

Her: "What, and be mismatched? I don't think so honey..."

Him: "Well, it's not like I have any ties matching the dresses you brought along".

Her: "It needs altering anyway"

Him: "What does?"

I was wondering who dress them, Him or Her or Production team?

When i get marry I WILL NEVER be this type of couple.

Edited by Luigi62

Just now, Skye said:

Nothing weird about anything in this image. It is just Geschmackssache (matter of taste). I find it to be a beautiful way of expressing their acceptance of the dressing style of the country they have been assigned to.

Why was this even a meme?

A portion of the sister's clothes make the brother's tie.

1 hour ago, Skye said:

Nothing weird about anything in this image. It is just Geschmackssache (matter of taste). I find it to be a beautiful way of expressing their acceptance of the dressing style of the country they have been assigned to.

Exactly. This is quite common if one is serving in an African field territory. It is very tasteful. Is this picture going around? If it were me, I would feel very uncomfortable.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

5 hours ago, Skye said:

It just came off as one of those couples where the wife tells her husband how to dress, like she forced him to have a tie to be the same as her dress, whilst men don't usually think in such ways, that's why I found it funny, lol.

It's nothing to do with the culture, taste or style, or patten of clothes they are wearing (hence the quotes I made with the picture), and neither it is a criticism or making fun of them. It's just something that stuck out.

We have a couple in our congregation and his wife does exactly the same, and he just goes along with it. 😄

Edited by EccentricM

Wife wears red dress so husband wears red tie? Not for me either. Sometimes my husband and I match unintentionally and we have a laugh about it. It’s pretty cheesy! 🙈

Although, I will make my daughter match me in the future if we ever go back to physical meetings. Nothing cuter (in my mind) than a mini me!!! Others probably think I’m crazy haha. 

2 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Although, I will make my daughter match me in the future if we ever go back to physical meetings. Nothing cuter (in my mind) than a mini me!!! Others probably think I’m crazy haha. 

I would do that as well make my son match me and my daughter match her mom. This is Cute. (I don't have kids ATM)

But I don't want to match with my Wife. This is Cringeworthy (I don't have a wife ATM)

22 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Local older sister they live with: "Here is a gift from my heart to you. I made these just for you"

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D