JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Where to store "stuff" ????

OK - so I was having this conversation with some of my friends ....

I would like to have a few liters of Mountain Dew available to me for after Armageddon (assuming - I make it ;) ) :innocent: But hey - today is the Memorial - I am MORE upbeat about making it on this day then ANY other!!

So back to the topic - where can I store it??? I was thinking the International Space Station. That baby ought to still be there after the Great War - right? But - how to retrieve that liquid gold in the New World? Hmm - there must be a better spot - Antarctica somewhere - but what kind of container would it have to be in - so it won't burst and all be gone?

Then, I got to thinking - hey, if I find a good enough spot - maybe I could stash an iPad with all my photos and the current Watchtower Library on it or something??? Well, it seems the batteries - if not charged regularly - only last 5- 10 years or so. What would be good to stash with my Mountain Dew? Hypothetically of course ;)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Since construction of the new facilities are starting in upstate New York, maybe you could ask the Christian congregation to add an additional "bunker" for you to store your dew until after Armageddon. You can offer to defray some of the construction costs for the project by paying a modest storage fee?

That seems like the safest place to keep anything that you may want after the GT!

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/americas/united-states/world-headquarters-relocating/

I like it. That sounds WAY better than tattooing the formula to my body :lol1:

I had a freind of mine e-mail me recently asking if I wanted to do some temp work. HHmmmm - maybe I could find a good spot. :shifty:

I'll keep you posted.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Well. you will still need the formula for when you finish the last case in the new world! :)

I think I'll just keep the label on the last bottle. :drink:

Soon .....

I know I was looking. It seems a safely guarded secret - and understandibly so :drink:

Perhaps it will be locked in a vault at Pepsi headquarters. If so, maybe the vault will still be in tact - post War.

Ahh- between Patterson and Brooklyn Bethels - PepsiCo Inc. 700 Anderson Hill Rd, Purchase, NY (914) 253-2000

Just maybe some of that will space will make it :pray:

Good news it - If I can find some Mentos and left over Pepsi - I should be able to break into the vault - NO PROBLEM! :lol1:

Soon .....

Just an idea Jerry.

I read last year of the Coast of Italy.

There was a ship wreck discovered dating back to 2000 AD. In the wreck were the ceramic jugs stil containing Wines &Oils etc.

So Maybe sending a few Well glazed or insulated earthern wares containg the precious Dew & the necessarties of life such as the ipads etc. Lols

&storing them in waterproof baging. You can find in a Surf shop. Or the cheap Ziplocks will do the trick.

When I go to the beach. I put my phone in the ziplocks. Its water proof &sand can't get in.

.(tu)

So maybe sending some stuff to the bottom of the sea &keeping a Treasure map forget GPS locating. Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

:lol1:

Yeah the GPS satellites might not be "available" post War, eh?

note: I have been using the term "War" instead of Armageddon because, well, its shorter and I don't mess up the spelling ;)

It seems the more Dew I drink :drink: the more dyslexia I experience.

Soon .....

Too right. I need Coke. Love coke & the red bulls & coffee. I am bad. Lols

Like you say need to Plan ahead for the important things.

But don't you guys have some bunkers or some cyclone proof shelters. Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If there was a place for safe keeping. I love Cherry Cola. Nana use to get it for me & TAB. We don't get them here now. They be the ones I like to store away for after the WAR. Lols

I guess that Dew has some Good stuff in it. :D

Mountain Dew lists its ingredients as: Carbonated water

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS)

Concentrated orange juice and other natural flavors

Citric acid

Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness)

Caffeine (55.2 mg per 12 oz.)

Sodium citrate

Gum arabic

Erythorbic acid (preserves freshness)

Calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor)

Brominated vegetable oil

Yellow 5

I think it is the brominated vegetable oil BVO that is my favorite - although that yellow #5 comes a close second..

Note: several countries have banned BVO

Soon .....

I think it is the brominated vegetable oil BVO that is my favorite - although that yellow #5 comes a close second..

Look at the bright side. In the event that Hell is hot after all, you have less to worry about.

"Brominated vegetable oil is patented by chemical companies for use as a flame retardant." :lol1:

SOURCE

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Look at the bright side. In the event that Hell is hot after all, you have less to worry about.

"Brominated vegetable oil is patented by chemical companies for use as a flame retardant." :lol1:

SOURCE

:lol1:

There is a Natural way to extract the Brominades.

Its found in Pineapples &Aloevera Plants.

Have anyone tasted aloevera juice quite sweet with honey.

So maybe after The WAR. Jerry can find a scientist or :borg: to extract the needed ingredients for his precious Dew. Lols

I think it is the brominated vegetable oil BVO that is my favorite - although that yellow #5 comes a close second.. Note: several countries have banned BVO
Look at the bright side. In the event that Hell is hot after all' date=' you have less to worry about. "Brominated vegetable oil is patented by chemical companies for use as a flame retardant." :lol1:SOURCE

152848=8389-laughing smiley1.gif

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Ok Jerry, so what happens if you find a safe place to store the stuff and when you finally get to retrieve it it's gone totally flat....horror of horrors!!

152851=8390-mountain dew.jpg (Jerry and his 'Dew') (I'll start searching for 'the recipe')

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

So maybe after The WAR. Jerry can find a scientist or :borg: to extract the needed ingredients for his precious Dew. Lols

There IS an easier way, Jerry. Start weaning yourself OFF of the flame retardant...er......brominated vegetable oil.

Friends don't let friends drink flame retardant materials.:whistling:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

There IS an easier way, Jerry. Start weaning yourself OFF of the flame retardant...er......brominated vegetable oil.

Friends don't let friends drink flame retardant materials.:whistling:

Depends on how many years he's been drinking. Will he get the DDT's or shakes. Lols

Better send a Warning to Deb. SHE may need loads of comforting poor girl.

Ok Jerry' date=' so what happens if you find a safe place to store the stuff and when you finally get to retrieve it it's gone totally flat....horror of horrors!!

152851=8390-mountain dew.jpg (Jerry and his 'Dew') (I'll start searching for 'the recipe')[/quote'] Jerry, I would find the closest warehouse for the stuff. Once the WAR is over, just break In and you should last for a couple of years. Although Jehovah may just vaporize the juice anyway! Have you seen the Soda Stream ads? LOL My wife likes Dew, so I call it Dragon Whiz! I'm diabetic so it's off limits for me