JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Where to store "stuff" ????

Ok Jerry' date=' so what happens if you find a safe place to store the stuff and when you finally get to retrieve it it's gone totally flat....horror of horrors!!

152851=8390-mountain dew.jpg (Jerry and his 'Dew') (I'll start searching for 'the recipe')[/quote'] :omg: NOT FLAT!!! NO!!!! Can it be "re-carbinated"???? Dragon whiz - too funny

152931=8402-Dew.gif

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

OK - if you could stash something (NOT someone) away - what would it be????

My first choice was TP (toilet paper) - hopefully Jehovah in His mercy & undeserved kindness will leave a plant / warehouse available :yes:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Well, in all three of our to go disaster packs I have lots of soap, sanitizer and bars of soap and shampoo/body wash....lol...I am obsessive compulsive about soap.

If you don't have tp you are gonna need soap or even if you do......maybe I'll bury some at the Kingdom Hall.:idea:

My first choice was TP (toilet paper) - hopefully Jehovah in His mercy & undeserved kindness will leave a plant / warehouse available :yes:

I sure hope so! Otherwise, we may have to resort to this:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/survivalist/2012/02/survival-skills-improvise-your-tp

Survival Skills: Find Natural Toilet Paper

It’s easy to laugh about this situation after the fact, but it’s not so funny while the events are unfolding. Here’s the scene. You get caught out in the wild somewhere -- and you’ve got to go... As you rifle through your pockets, desperately hoping to find an old napkin, some tissues, or the toilet paper you meant to pack; you come up empty handed.

Sure, the best strategy is to go outdoors with a stash of toilet paper. But if you run out, or get caught with short supply, you can always improvise -- instead of going home with your left sock missing.

Stack Of Leaves

A stack of dead, dry leaves with one green broadleaf in the middle has always been my best performer if I’m out of Charmin. The fact that the leaves are dead and dry makes them absorbent, with enough texture to be useful. And that all important green broadleaf is there for structural integrity. Trust me, you’ll be sorry if it’s not there. Even in winter, you can find green broadleaves like rhododendron, mountain laurel and other evergreen leaves.

The punch line is that just about anything will work, but some things work much better than others. Besides the leaves, one of the best toilet paper substitutes can be found in the winter or at high elevations, and that is snow. Wet, packable snow balls or snow chunks work best. (td)Yes, it’s terribly brisk. But it’s the cleanest thing out there, and it works well. The next best things down from snow balls are bundles of dead grass, bundles of fibrous inner bark, or rounded stones or shells. :ohmy:

The Leaves You Don’t Want

Make sure you take the time to learn what Poison Oak, Poison Ivy and Poison Sumac look like. Obviously, these rash causing plants would not make for a quality bathroom tissue. Mullein leaves are sometimes referred to as “Hunter’s Toilet Paper”, but don’t dive in yet. Mullein grows coast to coast, and you can find the fuzzy green leaves of the first year plants throughout the seasons, even in the dead of winter. But these velvety soft leaves cause a rash on most people due to the vaso-dilating oils and irritating hairs. I doubt you’d want to risk a rash on the most tender skin that you own. :cry:

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I have no doubt Jehovah will have a plant just for you, maybe two. Poison Ivy or Poison oak, the leaves are so tempting. :lol1:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I have no doubt Jehovah will have a plant just for you, maybe two. Poison Ivy or Poison oak, the leaves are so tempting. :lol1:

That or plenty of snow :lol1:

"That's Brisk Baby!"

Soon .....

Well' date=' in all three of our to go disaster packs I have lots of soap, sanitizer and bars of soap and shampoo/body wash....lol...I am obsessive compulsive about soap. If you don't have tp you are gonna need soap or even if you do......maybe I'll bury some at the Kingdom Hall.:idea:[/quote'] You could grow some soapwort somewhere you think no one will bother it - it holds more of the soapy chemical saponin than Indian soapnuts. You don't make soap bars with it you just pull up a bunch of the plants and rinse the roots lightly to get soil off then swish the roots of soapwort around in warm water, it sort of foams up. Not as foamy as with normal soaps or detergents, and the foam settles quickly, but it's there. So really, you just use the water in which you've swished soapwort to wash yourself, your hair or your clothes then rinse them. Simple as that.

153008=8407-soapwort.jpg

It is funny interesting how a conversation turns.

It has only been in the last couple hundred years that washing everyday or several times a week has even come into fashion.

It is generally recognized that this was due to indoor plumbing. Apparently having to haul large amounts of water AND HEAT IT just to get it dirty didn't make a lot of sense "back in the day". Hmm sense, scents?? well one of those words ;)

I remember reading about the Victorian times and how they "bathed " only once a week - and that only the upper / upper middle class.

Soon .....

It has only been in the last couple hundred years that washing everyday or several times a week has even come into fashion.

It is generally recognized that this was due to indoor plumbing. Apparently having to haul large amounts of water AND HEAT IT just to get it dirty didn't make a lot of sense "back in the day". Hmm sense, scents?? well one of those words ;)

I remember reading about the Victorian times and how they "bathed " only once a week - and that only the upper / upper middle class.

But fleas; ringworm; impetigo; scabies; nits and body crabs were rife and folk and their clothes stank and their consequent scratches and bites festered, so there's a balance between overwashing and deoderising with masses of corrosive chemicals and keeping the skin clean and at the right PH level for the immune system. The Bible doesn't tell us what Jesus did when he was on earth to keep decent and perfect and well, but it can't have been so outlandish or someone would have commented somewhere.

The Bible doesn't tell us what Jesus did when he was on earth to keep decent and perfect and well, but it can't have been so outlandish or someone would have commented somewhere.

Maybe he was trying to take a bath when he ended up walking on the water? :whistling:

But fleas; ringworm; impetigo; scabies; nits and body crabs were rife and folk and their clothes stank and their consequent scratches and bites festered, so there's a balance between overwashing and deoderising with masses of corrosive chemicals and keeping the skin clean and at the right PH level for the immune system. The Bible doesn't tell us what Jesus did when he was on earth to keep decent and perfect and well, but it can't have been so outlandish or someone would have commented somewhere.

This made me think of a great book Rats,Lice and History.....it's the story of Typhos Fever....I love these sort of books, anything to do with killing infectious diseases...there is an interesting description of Thomas Beckets murder.

Here it is...

“The archbishop was murdered in Canterbury Cathedral on the evening of the twenty-ninth of December [1170]. The body lay in the Cathedral all night, and was prepared for burial on the following day…. He had on a large brown mantle; under it, a white surplice; below that, a lamb’s-wool coat; then another woolen coat; and a third woolen coat below this; under this, there was the black, cowled robe of the Benedictine Order; under this, a shirt; and next to the body a curious hair-cloth, covered with linen. As the body grew cold, the vermin that were living in this multiple covering started to crawl out, and, as … the chronicler quoted, ‘The vermin boiled over like water in a simmering cauldron, and the onlookers burst into alternate weeping and laughter …’”

We definitely need soap.

This made me think of a great book Rats,Lice and History.....it's the story of Typhos Fever....I love these sort of books, anything to do with killing infectious diseases...there is an interesting description of Thomas Beckets murder.

Here it is...

“The archbishop was murdered in Canterbury Cathedral on the evening of the twenty-ninth of December [1170]. The body lay in the Cathedral all night, and was prepared for burial on the following day…. He had on a large brown mantle; under it, a white surplice; below that, a lamb’s-wool coat; then another woolen coat; and a third woolen coat below this; under this, there was the black, cowled robe of the Benedictine Order; under this, a shirt; and next to the body a curious hair-cloth, covered with linen. As the body grew cold, the vermin that were living in this multiple covering started to crawl out, and, as … the chronicler quoted, ‘The vermin boiled over like water in a simmering cauldron, and the onlookers burst into alternate weeping and laughter …’”

We definitely need soap.

Nancy that gives me the willys reading this.

Its almost as bad as when the girls get the plague of knits.

Definetly need to bathe. Lols

Could you imagine not having Parfum.

Definetly need to stock up on that &as you say chocolate. Yummo.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

You know - I am not so concerned about chocolate. Just like coffee, it grows easy and is isn't too hard to make. They KEY to both of those will be the SUGAR cane plantation!!!! The plantation sould give me a good start for the Dew

153060=8414-Dew.gif Now t figure out how to "brominade" vegetable oil. I figure it is just mixing the 2 together, but the ratio has to be just right. But where does one get "bromide"?

Soon .....

You can buy the juices.

I did some research for somethings medical years ago.

Both plants contain the Brominades. That help with eliviating pain. So just drink the juice.

I am sure with a good science lab you could extract the precious bromides. Lols

Anything cacti or the flowering bromileades. Are associated with the pineapples etc.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

From pineapples & alovera.

How does it get extracted? boil the liguid out?

You can buy the juices.

I did some research for somethings medical years ago.

Both plants contain the Brominades. That help with eliviating pain. So just drink the juice.

I am sure with a good science lab you could extract the precious bromides. Lols

Anything cacti or the flowering bromileades. Are associated with the pineapples etc.

The whole point is to find a way to obtain it from nature. Where would he buy it in the New System? LOL

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

No need to but in the New system.

It will be fun growing it yourself.

I would love to learn how to make wine. Any methods for making wine or any type of booze is made from etracting so maybe the same method can be applied.

Or you may end up with alcholic Dew. With a kick lols.

I was refering the to the juice now as an example

really.