JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I have noticed, many brothers have stopped wearing Tie tacks.:mellow:

As the brothers are so limited in how they can express themselves in clothing, I would think they would enjoy wearing a small piece of

unique jewellery on the tie.

I have seen, Tiger eye Tie tacks, Ruby stone Tie tacks, Blue Sapphire Tie tacks, and Diamond Tie Tacks.

How many of you wear tie tacks?

Your poll makes it a bit hard to participate due to it's wording.

You give two options, but they are "conditional". Some ho may NOT wear tie-tacks may not think they are "silly", they may just not own one or don't wear one for some other reason then thinking they are silly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I LOVE tie tacks and have an assortment. My very first one was a gold hammer from the carpenter's apprentice school in 1968. Since then I have collected all kinds. Dad was into rocks and made a number of tiger eye tie tacks for me and my sons. I also like the tie bars and chains. I cheat and get chain bracelets and they work just as well. In the Congregation we had a retired airline pilot that like to wear his airplane tie tack and we always had to see what each of us was wearing different. Some think they are out of style but I think they are cool but easy to lose.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It is like a post earring with a sharp point, and you stick it in your tie to hold it in place, At least that's what Grumpy's looks like.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I had to think for a moment. We say Tie Pin.

So I have seen the Older guys. Like my grandfather wear the tacs & they do look nice. Or the more sophisticated men will.

But guys like my brother don't.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Its just a picerce earing.

For women. making a Unisex jewellery. Lynn can go to his misses jewell

Box when shes not looking. Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Its just a picerce earing.

For women. making a Unisex jewellery. Lynn can go to his misses jewell

Box when shes not looking. Lols

Wrong.........it is too sharp and too thick and the pin is not long enough for a pierced earring. They are made esp. to use for tie pins, or to hold a woman's scarf. They have a special part that holds the sharp of the tie tack so you won't stick yourself.

If you use a pierced earring then it will make a permanent hole in the tie. My kids tried it with my earrings.:peace:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thats ok Vernalee.

I was just trying to Mess with Lynn. He gets me out so many

Times. Huh! Di huh!:)

Thats ok Vernalee.

I was just trying to Mess with Lynn. He gets me out so many

Times. Huh! Di huh!:)

Nice try Gabe but Vernalee's got my back. For the life of me I don't know why as much as I have teased razzed tormented her in the past. :)

The picture included above makes this look more like a cuff link than a tie tac.

What I really like are the string ties that some of the brothers in New Mexico used to wear. Very stylish

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

The picture included above makes this look more like a cuff link than a tie tac.

What I really like are the string ties that some of the brothers in New Mexico used to wear. Very stylish

Is a string tie the same as a bolo tie or are you referring to the string tie that looks simular to a bow tie.

Having lived in the four corners area of CO, I wore bolo ties to meetings but not out in service.

• 3 weeks later...

I nearly always wear either a tie bar or a tie chain, although I do have a few tie-tacks. I don't know if this is a chicken & egg thing or not, but where few men wear them, they seem to be awfully hard to find. As a Brother, I think that it is important to keep my tie restrained because it looks slovenly to have it cocked off at an angle beneath my jacket or flying in the breeze. It is also inconvenient to have it hanging free when leaning over anything. 

The first tie tack  & tie bar (both) I ever bought for myself featured a bit of coal from the Exhibition Mine in Beckley, WV. I think I was 16 or 17 and on a mission to return my sister to Michigan after a summer at our grandparents.

I think that attention to the details of attire are as important as being freshly shaved or neatly clipped. We need to touch all the bases, if we can, so as to demonstrate honor to Jehovah. 

I have noticed, many brothers have stopped wearing Tie tacks. :mellow: As the brothers are so limited in how they can express themselves in clothing, I would think they would enjoy wearing a small piece of unique jewellery on the tie. I have seen, Tiger eye Tie tacks, Ruby stone Tie tacks, Blue Sapphire Tie tacks, and Diamond Tie Tacks. How many of you wear tie tacks?

I used to wear them all the time, back in the 60's and 70's, then they fell out of fashion.  Interesting that you should bring them up, since I recently bought one... I'm tired of the tie blowing in the wind in service.  I'm going to try it again :)

I actually own over 100 tie tacs/tie bars. I usually buy them on e-bay in lots. I have gotten some real nice ones. They go along with the 100 ties I own. Too many I know.

Mercy, Mercy, now I know who keeps bidding me up on ebay. LOL :lol:

I also own about 80 bow ties. Some are about 75 years old.

Grumpy will only wear skinny ties. When he gets a new one I have to alter it so that at it's widest point it is 2 1/2 inches wide. He's stuck in the 50's. He has 1 tie tack and uses it every time he wears a tie. I think he has 25 skinny ties.

I have got thousands of ties.  These are all stocked in various shops (since I do not have sufficient space at my home) .  So whenever I need for one,  I go to one of the shops and get one which I like, and wear it. 

Agape

I have got thousands of ties.  These are all stocked in various shops (since I do not have sufficient space at my home) .  So whenever I need for one,  I go to one of the shops and get one which I like, and wear it. 

:lol: :lol: :D excellent!..