JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Joe Bonamassa, "A New Day Yesterday" Live from the Rockpalast. This is some of his earlier work as a blues/rock musician/singer. He's one of the best blues guitarist ever. Sorry I'm unable to post the video. 

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Geddy Lee sing the words "... and the meek shall inherit the earth"

Rush 2112

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

http://youtu.be/W7gofYVdTBc

Love this song even though I don't know the direct translation of the lyrics yet, you can't find them online :( At least the video's description tells you what it's about. Makes me like it even more.

Cool... Finally someone listen to Chinese song like me....

Ever heard about him and some of his songs... He is cool...

I may help you with some rough translation. It talked about changing of attitude between lovers, but discussing global warming in the same time... For example, the lyric said as the world became hotter than before, the guy doesn't want to hug the girl anymore, he doesn't gift her any gloves, or the girl hasn't made any hot tea for the guy...

They miss those sweet and romantic interaction between them in the winter, like she is still looking couch for the winter while icebergs are falling one by one... or talking about no more christmas dinner since the weather becomes hot and no more winter...

Anyway, interesting song...

:bouncing:

Cool... Finally someone listen to Chinese song like me....

Ever heard about him and some of his songs... He is cool...

I may help you with some rough translation. It talked about changing of attitude between lovers, but discussing global warming in the same time... For example, the lyric said as the world became hotter than before, the guy doesn't want to hug the girl anymore, he doesn't gift her any gloves, or the girl hasn't made any hot tea for the guy...

They miss those sweet and romantic interaction between them in the winter, like she is still looking couch for the winter while icebergs are falling one by one... or talking about no more christmas dinner since the weather becomes hot and no more winter...

Anyway, interesting song...

Thanks for translating it for me! Yes, I listen to quite a few Chinese artists for a non-Chinese person, haha. I'm in the very beginning stages of learning Mandarin but I think the songs are helping me learn things other than "nihao" and "xiexie" :P I like Chinese culture a lot as well, so I'd probably be listening even if I didn't have a goal to learn the language and maybe work where the need is greater in Mandarin. I'd especially would be listening to Khalil Fong, he's extremely talented and his voice and music transends language. It also helps that he's from the US and has English songs and his first language is English! It also seems he's a really good songwriter, those lyrics are really interesting.

What Chinese artists do you like?

Thanks for translating it for me! Yes, I listen to quite a few Chinese artists for a non-Chinese person, haha. I'm in the very beginning stages of learning Mandarin but I think the songs are helping me learn things other than "nihao" and "xiexie" :P I like Chinese culture a lot as well, so I'd probably be listening even if I didn't have a goal to learn the language and maybe work where the need is greater in Mandarin. I'd especially would be listening to Khalil Fong, he's extremely talented and his voice and music transends language. It also helps that he's from the US and has English songs and his first language is English! It also seems he's a really good songwriter, those lyrics are really interesting.

What Chinese artists do you like?

Cool sister... I'm serving in Chinese group now... And, please come to Chinese Field... :) :)

I like Joanna Wang and Olivia Ong, but they sing western songs a lot... But, you may find some songs in Mandarin from them... For example, I like For A Reason from Joanna Wang, there are both English and Mandarin version, though I like the English more... Or I like Meigui meigui wo ai ni from Joanna Wang, it's a Chinese old song, and she re-sing it (sorry for my poor vocabulary in English), and I like the way she sings it...

I am too excited now that I forgot what are the song I can recommend to you...

But, I know a lot of brothers and sisters were learning Yeliang daibiao wo de xin from Theresa Teng as the first Mandarin song to learn... And yes, I also like Theresa Teng for oldie songs... You may find the songs on internet and pm me if you want any help for Chinese learning, especially songs... Please "step over into Macedonia"... Oops... I mean "Chinese Field" :P :p

Edited by ivy

:bouncing:

Cool sister... I'm serving in Chinese group now... And, please come to Chinese Field... :) :)

I like Joanna Wang and Olivia Ong, but they sing western songs a lot... But, you may find some songs in Mandarin from them... For example, I like For A Reason from Joanna Wang, there are both English and Mandarin version, though I like the English more... Or I like Meigui meigui wo ai ni from Joanna Wang, it's a Chinese old song, and she re-sing it (sorry for my poor vocabulary in English), and I like the way she sings it...

I am too excited now that I forgot what are the song I can recommend to you...

But, I know a lot of brothers and sisters were learning Yeliang daibiao wo de xin from Theresa Teng as the first Mandarin song to learn... And yes, I also like Theresa Teng for oldie songs... You may find the songs on internet and pm me if you want any help for Chinese learning, especially songs... Please "step over into Macedonia"... Oops... I mean "Chinese Field" :P :p

Thanks so much sister! I will listen to everything you recommended and PM you what I think! I will talk to you more through PM as well since I don't think this thread is for general conversation haha :)

Shostakovich: Sonata for violin and piano Opus 134

Just listed to a wonderful Violin sonata by Alfred Schnittke on the same disc.  Absolutely Glorious.

4853830-origpic-10a923.jpg

Every day eclassical.com have a disc of classical music for a ridiculously low price, this was on offer for about $4.

It isn't always something I fancy, but there have been some wonderful things.