JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

I love the ability that music has to transport you back in place and time to whatever the occassion might be that connects with you so such a level that you remember the exact same feelings and smells, and sights that you felt when connecting with that song.

This was a good night for me.  It was our annivarsary in 2007 and we saw Blake Shelto--a fellow Okie!- in concert playing this song.  He is quite an entertainer.  All over the stage--as much fun to watch as listen too.  We were third row back and the whole night was amazing!  My husband returned to LA the following day.  He flew in from LA to spend our annivarsary with me and take me out for dinner and this concert!  It really makes me smile.  Something I have not been doing alot lately.  But things will be changing majorly in my life.  Alt of pain but I am relying on Jehovah to carry me through.  He never disappoints!

http://youtu.be/jzfdI5Zbuiw?t=15s

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Steady As the Beating Drum - From the Disney movie Pocahontas

The soundtrack has some beautiful songs with great arrangements... I especially like Just Around the Riverbend and Colors of the Wind:

Edited by JayMusicGirl

• 2 weeks later...

I suffered a great loss this time last year and haven't been able to listen to music since (everything I listen to makes me cry) so I discovered NPR radio.  Now I'm an information junky.  I still cry quite frequently (and hard) everyday but I also know that someday those tears of sorrow will be gone.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Frogs and crickets, the crickets are winning.

I suffered a great loss this time last year and haven't been able to listen to music since (everything I listen to makes me cry) so I discovered NPR radio.  Now I'm an information junky.  I still cry quite frequently (and hard) everyday but I also know that someday those tears of sorrow will be gone.

I had a similar reaction after a loss 19 years ago.  I'm over it now but I've never regained the passion I once had. 

:heart:  :heart: NPR

I am so sorry Rennie for your loss. Right now, I can't imagine living this this immense pain for another year, but I may have to deal with it as long as you have.  It's encouraging me to know that others suffer great losses too and they still find a way to cope in this system.  Thank you for sharing your pain with me, I know it couldn't of been  easy.  Jehovah is very patient with me because I talk to him several times a day about how much pain I'm in because of this loss, it comforts me to know that Jehovah can look into my heart and see that my pain is very real and enduring and I know that if he just WANTS to, in the new system he can make everything right again, he can give me back what I've lost and make my heart whole again - if he just wants to.  I'm working very hard to make him want to.  I believe wholeheartedly in Ps. 37:4 so I will make Jehovah my exquisite delight now and forever so that he will want to give me my hearts desire!  I love having a Father than can so absolutely anything for anyone at anytime if he just wants to!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Still really getting into Chinese pop, I guess it's helping me with my goal to learn Mandarin. Either that, or I just really like the idea of listening to music from other countries. Jay Chou is definitely one of my favorite Mando-pop singers, his songs are better than most in the genre especially by the ones they call "idols" who are famous because of their looks and catchy songs and that's about it. That's super common in k-pop, which I guess why it's more popular so far in the Western world than c-pop is.

Edited by JayMusicGirl