JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Paris Jackson A Jw?

Last I heard she had decided that she refused to go in the door to door work with her Grandmother. That was in the last month or so. Poor thing. And poor Grandmother. I think the brother took the same stand. As much as they said they loved their father, they had what they had. And that is so sad for all of them.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

These kids have such a strange background, their mother more or less "sold" them (and is she the mother of the youngest boy too?), nobody really knows (but want to know) if the man who raised is really their biological father or not. And he was a very freaky person. No wonder they are messed up. I feel sorry for them. It's not their fault that they were born into such a family.

Edited by Astrid

• 2 weeks later...

Who's the real daddy to these 3 kids?  Is it M.J.?  He married Elvis' daughter, no kids from that shame of a of marriage, divorced, then he meets this lady (Paris' mom) pays her to "supposedly" carry his sperm and she gives birth to a daughter?   I don't see a resemblence, except the little one named "Blanket."     Money does a lot of damage to people, that's why Jesus forewarned us "the love of money is the root of all evil."  That ROOT must be pretty deep.    What kind of a JW, goes to Birhan in a Saudi State, dresses his kids like the kids over there, coveres their faces, calls the Rev. Jesse Jackson for spiritual help?  WHo calls a member of false religion to help him out?  JW's?  Who gave part of his eulogy?  Jesse Jackson, when did he become a JW?  He's into politics and false religion.   Something is screwy here with ths picture.  Dysfunctional?   Sounds more like coming out of the "cellar" to me. 

Who's the real daddy to these 3 kids?  Is it M.J.?  He married Elvis' daughter, no kids from that shame of a of marriage, divorced, then he meets this lady (Paris' mom) pays her to "supposedly" carry his sperm and she gives birth to a daughter?   I don't see a resemblence, except the little one named "Blanket."     Money does a lot of damage to people, that's why Jesus forewarned us "the love of money is the root of all evil."  That ROOT must be pretty deep.    What kind of a JW, goes to Birhan in a Saudi State, dresses his kids like the kids over there, coveres their faces, calls the Rev. Jesse Jackson for spiritual help?  WHo calls a member of false religion to help him out?  JW's?  Who gave part of his eulogy?  Jesse Jackson, when did he become a JW?  He's into politics and false religion.   Something is screwy here with ths picture.  Dysfunctional?   Sounds more like coming out of the "cellar" to me. 

Michael Jackson was not a witness when he died.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Your right.  He was not one "belonging to Jehovah."   I heard on the news, that once the girl gets out of the hospital she wants to move in with her mother.  These kids are all part of the world like their father was.   Question:  Does anyone know if M.J., was ever D'F'd from the whatever kingdom hall he belonged too years ago?  I heard rumors but I do not depend on them. 

Question:  Does anyone know if M.J., was ever D'F'd from the whatever kingdom hall he belonged too years ago?  I heard rumors but I do not depend on them. 

It seems that he was not disfellowshipped, but that he rather disassociated himself. 

From the book, Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness p.363:

"At this same time, the Jehovah's Witnesses' elders in Woodland Hills, California, began pressuring Michael again. They felt strongly that the recent publicity on the Witnesses was doing them great damage, and that it reflected poorly on the Witnesses, because Michael was so representative of the faith. Michael was becoming disenchanted with the church's elders by this time, mostly because he didn't wan to be told what to do. What's more he couldn't reconcile his lifestyle and career with the religion's strict tenets. In truth, it's almost impossible to be a Jehovah's Witness and be an entertainer. Therefore, in the spring of 1987, Michael withdrew from the Jehovah's Witnesses. A letter from the Jehovah's Witnesses headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, sent as a press release, stated that the organization 'no longer considers Michael Jackson to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.' 

Michael's decision to leave the church puzzled his mother, Katherine, and caused her great despair. Katherine wasn't sure she knew her own son any longer. However, there was no discussing the spiritual matter with him - literally. As it is strictly prohibited for a Witness to discuss matters of faith with ex-members, even if they are family, Katherine says that she has never asked Michael what happened, and she says that she never intends to ask such questions. 'I was not required to "shun" my son,' she claimed, referring to rumours of that nature. 'But we can't talk about matters of faith any longer, which is a shame.'" 

I have a copy of a 1987 letter from the Branch regarding the situation that uses the language that he "disassociated himself from the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses."

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thank you Bob for researching that.  I heard rumors, but we can't go by them.  And we all got a lot of updated information about not associating with family members who don't live with us (like grown ups, who aren't seriously ill or something like it).    Thanks again, appreciated what you did. 

• 6 months later...

I hope this isn't to be considered gossiping, but just wanted to update this thread: I just heard today that Paris Jackson "came out" as a bisexual on her instagram. This doesn't necessarily confirm that she no longer considers herself a JW, because only Jehovah knows what's in her heart. But with the Marilyn Manson thing to her no longer going out in service to this and everything else that I've heard about her, she's probably not practicing. The bisexual thing is kind of sad, though... people under 21+ shouldn't come out as anything, since there's such thing as hormones that heavily effect that "decision" that the world loves to ignore. Being bisexual doesn't exist as a teenager, especially at as young as 15.  It's just the world's influence along with the hormones, pretty much. I think you can read her full statement on Instagram. She said she's been "out" with her family for a while, and she won't let being bisexual define her or something. She's not even 18... Smh.

This world is just sick. I have noticed that when a witness go's off the deep end, they go really deep into this system. Just sickens me.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Sooo for we those in africa wat shd we believe?

Was MJ disfellowshiped?

Did he ever got baptised?

When did he stop worshippn Jehovah?

keep your eyes on the prize and if its that important make sure your in the new system and ask him yourself :-)

Edited by stuagu

Sooo for we those in africa wat shd we believe?

Was MJ disfellowshiped?

Did he ever got baptised?

When did he stop worshippn Jehovah?

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

MJ was baptized

MJ was DFed at the time of his death.

Only Jehovah knows his heart.

Jesus is the Judge not any human as to if he stopped worshiping Jehovah or if he will be in paradise.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

How possible can som1 be dffshpd at his death?

He was disfellowshipped in the 1980s, and he was still considered disfellowshipped at the time of his death since he was never reinstated.

But keep in mind that disfellowshipping is not a judgement, it is only a separation to protect the flock as a whole, just like a real shepherd would separate his flock from a sheep showing signs of an illness. He may be held in Jehovah's memory for hope of a future resurrection, he may not, none of us have any right to speculate.

What's important right now isn't to examine the status of others who have left the truth, our goal should be to keep examining ourselves to make sure we are not straying from the flock. (2 Peter 1:10) "Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and choosing sure for yourselves, for if you keep on doing these things, you will by no means ever fail."

• 2 years later...

On 10.1.2014 at 1:01 AM, Shawnster said:

Being in the limelight definitely doesn't help, either.

Who knows what sick stuff happens in showbusiness that we can only speculate. After all, the stories of intense pressure, physical abuse and sexual abuse that some young stars have brought to light are surely only the tip of the iceberg. I would not let my child out of my sight for even a second if it had a part to play in a Nickelodeon series or what have you. Not to mention that the influence there is clearly the opposite of beneficial.

Anyhows, I read today that Paris Jackson has admitted to being an alcoholic. I wonder if this is also in part due to the influence of all the other messed up kids in her league. In any case, it proves what had been mentioned earlier, that Satan loves to particularly destroy the young ones that have left the truth... or ditched whatever they had from it... which is also portrayed in this months broadcast. Satan's world will chew you up and spit you out.

Somehow, I don't feel like I should pray for her particularly, because she's a "celebrity" and it just feels like somehow she shouldn't mean anymore to me than your average Joe... but I feel particularly sorry for her because she's one of those young people that are so blinded by the false glamour and glory of this showbusiness of illusions. And instead of seeing the need to do the right thing, she goes of tweeting about her problems and looking for the fake love from this cold-hearted world. Why can't a person like her, Miley Cyrus, Lindsey Lohan and the like realize that their fans and followers don't care squat about them.

Edited by ChocoBro

Wrong word

When I was "studying" in the 80s, MJ was still supposed to be a JW. I asked my study conductors about his questionable behavior and they suggested maybe he had to fulfill a contract. Then, I read a news article in the Sunday Parade Magazine which mentioned that MJ had disassociated himself from his former religion (JW). The article posed the question of whether the membership of the Brentwood Calif would decrease with his leaving.

I was Baptized in 1987, so this unfolding news was interesting to me. I didn't read the book quoted above and am not sure if the cong mentioned in that book is in the same circuit, or what. No doubt the family moved some and may have attended a number of congs over time. 

My heart goes out to Katherine Jackson. ONce when I had my MIddle School Students  on a field trip to Portland ME Library, they were looking at biographies, and I read a very short biography by Katherine Jackson (while standing there watching my students.) She did not mention religion very much, but stated that she knew Joe Jackson had affairs, and she forgave him because that's just how she was. She added that her husband made many controlling decisions with her children (and the music careers he insisted they pursue) which she did not approve of.  I could understand this as I have an unbelieving husb who made many decisions regarding our sons, which were contrary to what I would have chosen.  

Their grandmother was instrumental in having them reunite with Debbie Rowe.  According to a 2013 news article, both Paris and the older brother (Prince MIchael the first Jackson)  have stopped participating in the Calabrasas (sp?) congregation.  I did see a more recent interview of Katherine Jackson at her home and she was getting ready to go in service.  In a 2015 news report, it mentions that the youngest of the three now goes by the name Bigi. I do not feel this is gossiping as people who have made their life public, will be reported on.   Much sadness has been experienced by Katherine and her oldest daughter, our Sister Maureen (Rebbie).

RE: Michael Jackson

I am reading some contradictory statements posted above. One poster says MJ was DF'd. Another post says he disassociated himself. 

Disfellowshipping requires a judicial action, disassociation  would mean that he repudiates his Christian standing by his actions or by stating he no longer wants to be recognized as or known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are not the same, even though the outcome is the same, namely that Michael Jackson was not one of Jehovah's Witnesses when he died. No question.

Bob cites a letter indicating he disassociated himself, Stavro and Rocket say he was DFd.

I had contact with Hollywood friends (JWs) as late as 1994 (Was visiting them at time of the quake.) They did not mention his being DF'd or otherwise. This would have been twelve years after he came out with "Thriller" (1982). At that time I had asked because of the connotations of "Thriller".

So which was it? Disfellowshipped or did he self disassociate? Really makes no difference in the long run, but it is one or the other, not both.

Hard to know since the announcement is the same, but was there a congregation announcement  "Michael Jackson is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." ?

I had assumed he just walked away from us.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.