JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia : Children can be removed from homes?!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2331 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/8145/0/russia-court-authorises-seizure-of-outlawed-sect-children

This was posted of Facebook by a sister that used to be at our hall before moving to a nearby cong. with her family. This worries me majorly! :unsure:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I remember reading articles where ths happened during WWII or prior ... can't remember what country though. But the important point I got from those articles that the parents were convinced that Jehovah is a better parent than any of us could ever be and this will be what the dear brothers and sisters will be hanging onto in Russia right now. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Do you remember a childhood game called Flinch?  It was where you would stare at someone then out ofno where they would slap at your face in an effort to get a response from you. Whether it was drawingback or blinking because they would come within an inch of striking you?  If you blinked or made a movement they would chant  “Made you flinch! Made you flinch!”  Sounds like Satan is backing this taunt and ready to poke Jehovah in the eyeball anytime!  But we will never hear him say “Made you flinch, Made you flinch!”  

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 weeks later...

At least it doesn't say it's happening yet, only that it's authorized.  It seems like something they would have a hard time doing en masse, they wouldn't want to have to invest the resources in actually doing this - there's no advantage in it.  Much like Satan could kill us, but he doesn't want to, he just wants to threaten it. 

(A bit more in-depth information here: http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/171115a.html )

Maybe it will happen to a few, to try to scare people, but I suspect they're more interested in this to use as a threat than as a real option.  Similar to the imprisoned brothers - they think by imprisoning several well-known brothers they can break the spirits of the rest, but they wouldn't want to imprison all witnesses - telling people their taxes are paying for such a large cost, for no real benefit, in a country already under economic strain, would just give the population further incentive to revolution, which Putin already fears.  And such intimidation tactics, even with children, isn't really that different from anywhere else.  I've seen court cases right here in Britain where a judge threatened to take someone's children away because they were a witness, and placed a court order on them to prevent them from taking them to meetings or teaching them about the Bible.  The law doesn't really allow that here, but judges can usually act illegally - who's going to stop them?  'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'  But this is why they're called critical times.

It's important not to panic and to stay positive.  I'm sure the brothers are aware of developments and potential developments in Russia and are busy preparing the congreations and the children for whatever may happen.  In the meantime we must remember that everything is under control, they will only do what Jehovah allows them to do and if such things do start happening in Russia (and elsewhere) our children will stand firm and give a mighty shout of praise to their God to the credit of their parents  (think of Daniel and his companions and the little Israelite girl).  In any case, if any of us think that we will just skip into the new system, with no famiies being separated and no innocents being imprisoned, then now would be a good time to reconsider.  We have some turbulent times ahead but nothing,  absolutely, NOTHING to fear. 

If Jehovah allows it, we can TAKE it!!

Edited by sunshine

I truly hope it is only a scare tactic, but if it isn't, we have faith Jehovah will protect us, and even soften the blows of our enemies. He will make a way out.

"We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out." 2 Corinthians 4:8

20 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Not sure if this is a legit news agency on the Internet.  I have never heard of them so before I put them in here, can someone please let me know?

STETSON UNIVERSITY /EDU

20 hours ago, sunshine said:

USA Today is to my knowledge a legitimate News source, the article seemed accurate balanced and well written.  I think its legit.

18 hours ago, Sallyforth said:

USA Today has been around several decades. It’s definitely legit not some scandal sheet.

I think Lisa's question was in reference to this post, which links to Russia Religion News. It was the RRN is what she was questioning.

If that is your question Lisa, see the editorial disclaimer at the bottom. It indicates the site is only a translation of the Russian article it links to, on Sova Center for News and Analysis. RRN is not considered a news agency.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/

Edited by Sheep