JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Branch Visit to Florida?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2208 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A sister in my congregation commented at today's WT about an experience they heard from a "recent branch visit to florida."   The experience related to one of our brothers in Eritrea.

I know Mexico had a special visit recently too (Canada's is next month).  Anyone else heard about this?  perhaps it was a visit to the Florida Bethel?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

A sister in my congregation commented at today's WT about an experience they heard from a "recent branch visit to florida."   The experience related to one of our brothers in Eritrea.

I know Mexico had a special visit recently too (Canada's is next month).  Anyone else heard about this?  perhaps it was a visit to the Florida Bethel?

Perhaps one of the Disaster Relief visits?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, Brandon said:

Semantics.... 

It's all the US Branch.  Just like it's all the Canadian Branch.   

Saying Branch visit to Florida is like saying Branch visit to Alberta. 

Now, it's quite likely there was a Branch representative speaking in Florida.  One assembly a year is a visit from a Branch representative.  Additionally, many Branch representatives give talks out.  We have had many at our congregation here in Ohio.  Public Talks on Sunday.  Plus bonus time during hospitality ;) 

Edited by Shawnster

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Saying Branch visit to Florida is like saying Branch visit to Alberta. 

the difference being that there exists a Florida Bethel, but there doesn't exist an Alberta Bethel.  John @Qapla from Florida even confirmed this naming convention for me.

At any rate, I don't think the sister meant a visiting speaker from Bethel to a Circuit Assembly, although I suppose it may technically be possible that that's what it was.

Is the US Branch not having a special stream/talk in the Spring, the way other Bethels are (or did last month)?  This is the visit previously known as the "Zone Visit,"  just to clarify.

Well zone or branch visits in times past were not an annual  thing...sometimes a few years would pass before a visit...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

At any rate, I don't think the sister meant a visiting speaker from Bethel to a Circuit Assembly, although I suppose it may technically be possible that that's what it was.

Branch representatives give public talks at kingdom halls, too. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is the US Branch not having a special stream/talk in the Spring, the way other Bethels are (or did last month)?  This is the visit previously known as the "Zone Visit,"  just to clarify.

No. We had a Branch visit (formerly called Zone visit) just a couple of years ago. Either 2015 or 16. 

14 hours ago, Lance said:

Well zone or branch visits in times past were not an annual  thing...sometimes a few years would pass before a visit...

true but the last 4 or 5 years we've had them every year in Canada. You likely saw it too, since they were tying in the whole country (from my understanding) via both live and delayed streams.

all the bold dates were tied in Canada-wide:

2018: May 5

2017: April 29

2016: March 5

2015: March 21

2014:  ?

2013: April 14

2012: April 21   *this was only tied in to certain locations, not the whole country  (my parents' cong was invited to Norval AH for it;  Anthony Morris of the GB delivered the main talk)

2014: we may or may not have had a visit (I can't confirm either way from looking at my icloud calendar). 

56 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Nothing this year.  

Honestly, I don't remember the time of year we had the Branch visit.  It should be on here if you do a search.  I'm sure we talked about it.  That's when Bro. Morris talked about Spanx.

That took place on November 9, 2014

Edited by nanceebgd46

Punctuation

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Time flies.

If the next 10 years go by a fast as the last 10 years, we'll be in the NS in no time...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

we have 2 ASL - RTO type sites in South Florida

(main ASL RTO in Ft Lauderdale (hotel/Rooming and video studio) and a piece of the WPBCCC was converted last year for ASL Video Recording)

as a side note we have had some of the LDC Overseers (group of 5)  visit the Disaster areas in recent months

there were on a special tour of the effected areas - after PR and the Islands - they visited Florida and we had a

half-day spiritual program at the DRC ... they have since visited other hubs

great reminders about our 'Relief Ministry' and safety reminders

loved the scriptural reference where paul and barnabas were "taken off the road (missionary)" and sent to a relief ministry to aid the others

some here have been working Disaster relief for 17-18 months straight ( Hurricane Matthew-effecting Bahamas & Florida and then Hurricanes Irma and Maria which again hit Florida and PuertoRico and BVI and Turks&Caicos and Dominique and Tortola etc)

seems like as soon as we finished one Disaster there popped up another

--on a happier note - some of the Northern and Mid Florida regions should be finishing up this month and the next month

while PR still has several months to go

pray for all - Hurricane season Begins again in June

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

( Hurricane Matthew-effecting Bahamas & Florida and then Hurricanes Irma and Maria which again hit Florida and PuertoRico and BVI and Turks&Caicos and Dominique and Tortola etc)

A brother in our cong went to Florida last month to work for two months and we just found out they moved him to Dominique to work on the branch office. It sounds like he will be around that area doing disaster relief for a while. The good news is that he is a painter, so if they are using him it tells me the reconstruction might be in the final stages..