JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Culture Shock?

Do you think there will be quite a bit of culture shock in the new world? I don't mean just for resurrected, but even for people who make it? This question came to mind when at a restauraunt the other night that had country music and sports game in the background. In our world currently this seems 'normal' for things like that to not be the norm, and things completely different. Do you think it'd take time to adjust?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

2 hours ago, Nirex said:

Do you think there will be quite a bit of culture shock in the new world? I don't mean just for resurrected, but even for people who make it? This question came to mind when at a restauraunt the other night that had country music and sports game in the background. In our world currently this seems 'normal' for things like that to not be the norm, and things completely different. Do you think it'd take time to adjust?

Good question Regina. I imagine it will take adjustments. It’s a whole new world and new system. Many of the old ways and traditions and habits will change.....but for the better.

But there will be so many new and exciting things that we may not notice the old things have passed away.   We’ll be creating a new culture. It’s dominant quality will be love.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Lots will change.

Our current way of worship no doubt will adjust.... as we should get more clarity of things after this system and the kingdom "arrives"

The very knowledge of Jehovah will arrive and be plentiful.

And a scripture prophecy says a "torrent of pleasure" will arrive as we adjust to holy living with all the blessed quailities of love goodness kindness loyalty...etc etc...

The inheritance of sinning will gradually be gone.... imagine a completely joyful heart with no stricken spirit from being a sinner.....

and the amazing spiritual joys of appreciating others unselfishly with their spiritual blessing they recieve from Jehvah.

and the amazing things of the blessed condition of having perfect submission to Jehovah's holy spirit...

One other reason to think of this world as alot of refuse as Paul did.

I think of the start of the new world and beyond as an exciting adventure with eyes wide open in Awe! 

I have seen many changes and growing spurts in Jehovah's organization over 40+ years, especially recently. WOW! Sometimes it's a real challenge for me to keep up with the changes. Especially in my imperfect state and close to 70 yrs old.

Like, switching over to the revised New World Translation a few years ago. Scriptures I had memorized were updated. Very hard for searching scriptures by word.. 🤪 That throws me off to this day. So many of the songs I had memorized are now changed. 

Getting used to using a tablet out in service and at meetings. 

But I see all the positive results throughout the world. I can see how the changes are helping such a great crowd to be drawn to the Mountain of Jehovah... Dan. 12:4   Micah 4:2

Prophecy being fullfilled right before our eyes 👀👀..

All these and changes to come will be well worth every minute. 😁

For a city boy like me it will be big adjustment. Food and other material things I need  I’m used to buying at store or online....now what do I do? Make it myself? Big adjustment there. 

There may be manythings leftover from this system but eventually we’ll all have to learn to become self sufficient. Whole different way of life. But no doubt we’ll all be helping each other out with our various talents/skills.   I look forward to that. 

It'll be amazing what we’ll be able to accomplish without the pressures and burdens we deal with now....like money, health problems, old age, opposition.

All United, dedicated to the same  ideals, following the same rules, no injustice and perfect minds and bodies. Wow! :coffee::dance:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.