JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

For those who use Chrome

Just an FYI for those who use Chrome as their browser of choice.

Sometimes websites are so bright that they are uncomfortable for my eyes, especially later in the evening or after I've been online for a few hours. Some websites offer a "night or dark mode" but very few. I discovered this extension for Chrome a while ago and it works great. It installs a switch in the top toolbar that will toggle any website to dark mode or light mode with a click of the mouse.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-mode/dmghijelimhndkbmpgbldicpogfkceaj?hl=en

Here's a sample of what this site looks like in dark mode:

Darkforum.thumb.jpg.d366fb58c8632392b6d062034853a5ba.jpg

48 minutes ago, Musky said:

for those who use Chrome

That sounds like the opening verse of a Steve Perry song...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Thanks for the tip.

I will use it next time when I visit the 'Dark Web...' emoji23.png
(emoji185.pngIncognito of course)

Just Older emoji856.png

I always wonder if at some point JW.ORG will end up on the dark web. The brothers don’t mind being on the cutting edge sometimes. 

9 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Thanks for the tip.

I will use it next time when I visit the 'Dark Web...' emoji23.png
(emoji185.pngIncognito of course)

Just Older emoji856.png

Tony, did you stop looking for 'the wiser'..sorry, just had to ask..:D

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, TonyWenz said:

Yes. With the advent of a new calendar year, I came to the realisation that if it hasn't happened by now, it never will.
I lived in hope, but now I'm a realist.

Just Older emoji856.png

Aww..never say never. They say there's someone out there for each of us. There might be someone just waiting same as you and sometimes things just happen when you're not even trying..:)

In any advent, maybe Jehovah thinks you will be happier staying in a single state. Life in this system is so hard on all relationships anymore. Some married ones wish they were single again...:D

However we get through this fight is what is important now..

I wish you happiness and contentment until Jehovah gives us all the desires of our hearts..:encourage:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Sorry for the confusion, but I am not single. Married 40 years.
It was supposed to be a play on words `Older and Wiser'. I definitely am older, BUT no wiser. I was 'waiting for the wiser'.
So now I realise that I have 'peaked'. There is only one way for me to go, hence I removed the 'waiting' tag.
But thank you for the kind thoughts and words.
This forum helps keep my last few brain cells active. Especially the 'time-travel' thread!
Agape
Tony

Just Older

6 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Sorry for the confusion, but I am not single. Married 40 years.
It was supposed to be a play on words `Older and Wiser'. I definitely am older, BUT no wiser. I was 'waiting for the wiser'.
So now I realise that I have 'peaked'. There is only one way for me to go, hence I removed the 'waiting' tag.
But thank you for the kind thoughts and words.
This forum helps keep my last few brain cells active. Especially the 'time-travel' thread!
Agape
Tony

Just Older emoji856.png

Oh no, all this time I thought it meant you were waiting for what you thought was your 'better half', not a state of mind..LOL

No mind, we are all getting older and hopefully wiser..can't help but if we stay with Jehovah and stick close to each other..