JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Satire meets Reality

This is not a "news" article and belongs in Chit chat with the rest of the jokes.

Ahh my bad I thought anytime the president says anything it's news lol .. Now I know where that sort of thing belongs... thanks for the heads up Musky.

Edited by Jordan

I am sure he is sending that out to the ones that all of us send $billions $trillions to when we buy gasoline!  :lol1:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I am sure he is sending that out to the ones that all of us send $billions $trillions to when we buy gasoline!  :lol1:

lol no doubt right?

Edited by trottigy

my spleeing

As my my Scottish friends would say ..."A weeeeee bit political".....  ya think...

Aye Laddy.....

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Guys and gals

Just a thought on neutrality in our posts.. Don't want to spoil your fun.. Neutrality is a way of life

W2002 11/1

An ambassador and his staff do not meddle in the affairs of the country where they serve. Similarly, Christians remain neutral in the political affairs of the nations of the world. They do not take sides for or against any national, racial, social, or economic group. (Acts 10:34, 35) Rather, they “work what is good toward all.” (Galatians 6:10) The neutrality of Jehovah’s Witnesses means that no one can honestly reject their message by claiming that they are associated with an opposing side of some racial, national, or tribal division.

I know you will understand ...:)

Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Guys and gals

Just a thought on neutrality in our posts.. Don't want to spoil your fun.. Neutrality is a way of life

W2002 11/1

An ambassador and his staff do not meddle in the affairs of the country where they serve. Similarly, Christians remain neutral in the political affairs of the nations of the world. They do not take sides for or against any national, racial, social, or economic group. (Acts 10:34, 35) Rather, they “work what is good toward all.” (Galatians 6:10) The neutrality of Jehovah’s Witnesses means that no one can honestly reject their message by claiming that they are associated with an opposing side of some racial, national, or tribal division.

I know you will understand ... :)

Lance

Respectfully, no one that I've seen so far as taken a stance with any political party brother Lance, we all love Jehovah and it's with him we stand. I think it's ok to laugh at hypocrisy.

There's a lot of post that call out the Pope, religions, atheists and others in the forum on their great hypocrisies likewise it should be acceptable to call out politicians. Forgive me if I sound abrasive I don't mean to and I clearly agree with you but it's meant to be just what it is a humorous and hypocritical statement and retort not a political stance.

If these things do stumble you brother tell me and I'll not post them or did I take your post all wrong?

Agape

Jordan

Edited by Jordan

What about when we talk about how politicians lie, how no human has rights to rule over others, how they can't solve our problems and how they will soon be destroyed? To people in service? That's kinda political, no?

And He started his post by saying it could have been anyone. He didn't post this just because it was about Obama. We mention specific religious leaders and politicians as examples all the time. At least I do.

Ok.........I am not trying to bust anyones chops here...

This is just a word ...or maybe a few words of caution...

I would like to give you a global view on this... This is a global site ...not just the US or Canada..please keep that in mind.

1) Political satire is just that...political

2) Around the world the reigning symbol of the political war on terror is "Guantanamo"...You cannot get anymore political than the subject of Guantanamo......

3) This site is as stated in the header is "An Online Discussion Community of Jehovah's Witnesses" ... people from around the world of all different political stripes come here to see how our community operates... we are on display to all the nations including your posts.

4)Only once in the last 50 years has our brothers on the writing desk mentioned Guantanamo...and only as a news item in watching the world, regarding the cost of water to supply the base. They obviously see this as a subject to avoid.

5)If you look in the publication index on neutrality a lot of the articles are on how our brothers lives were saved because of their strict neutral stand. Example all the political fighting in Columbia.

6)If you want a reference on a great discussion on what it means to be neutral in the last days. W 2002 Nov1 14-19

We all love great discussions on pretty well anything and everything and that is why we are here. But firstly we are Jehovah’s Witnesses so our discussions should reflect our dedication to that...

So Happy Discussing :)

Lance