What is your Favorite Browser?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera
    • Apple Safari

I am considering #Firefox again and currently testing. I used to be a loyal Firefox user, but when they screwed up royally then #Chrome stole my heart. Now I find Google Chrome having trouble rendering pages correctly and Mozilla Firefox is doing great. A recent #Google search shows that Firefox recently surpassed Chrome in speed and reliability. Hmmmm.

What is YOUR favorite browser, and why?

#GoogleChrome #MozillaFirefox #BrowserWars

fox-vs-chrome.jpg

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Firefox for me too.  I haven't used chrome, but I hate that different downlo0ads often ask if you want to download it and make it your default browser.  If I wanted it I would get it - don't keep asking!

IE I hate with a vengeance (and most things Microsoft).  This, I think, is a hangover from designing websites and having to do all manner of weird things in order for it to work on different incarnations of IE.

IE I hate with a vengeance (and most things Microsoft).  This, I think, is a hangover from designing websites and having to do all manner of weird things in order for it to work on different incarnations of IE.

My feelings exactly. As the head web guy here at JWTalk, I cannot get thinks to look properly on IE. It's frustrating.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Don't know that I can say I have a favorite .... kept me from voting. If you had asked what I use most, perhaps I could say, but that does not mean it is my favorite.

I share between IE and Firefox. I tried Chrome and did not like it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have Chrome on two Android devices and three Windows-based computers and my bookmarks and settings are the same on all of them thanks to the way Chrome syncs between devices. I can add a bookmark on any of the five units and Chrome will update all of them with the new bookmark. It just doesn't get any slicker then that! And I have found, after extensive testing, that Chrome is slimmer (less bloatware) and faster then all of the others. Plus, I love Gmail and with the "Gmelius" extension in Chrome, I have my inbox customized just the way I like it, no ads, no "chat" no "also include?" when sending.. Unfortunately, this will not work in other browsers.

I have IE, Firefox and Chrome on my computer. Chrome is used less than all the others. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I never see the familiar menu bar across the top of it. I can't live without that.

Firefox is my default browser. I find it a lot easier to bookmark websites (like JWTalk, of course). I get along with it much better than any other browser. We agree with each other.

Since I do not have multiple devices - I do not need to sync them. Also, since I still use, and prefer, POP mail I do not use web mail of any sort .... so, my "standard" email address is just fine.

I have my email client working the way I want it and I do not have to think about the "host" of the email client deciding to make changes since it is hosted/held on my machine ... not "in the cloud" or on a "host" on the web.

Well I am sticking with Chrome. Actually found it difficult to acclimate to Firefox again. My issue surrounded my bank website. I couldn't use online Bill Pay in Chrome and had to make the switch. 

Another pet peeve, which I think is HTML5 and Ajax related and not browser specific, is that the back button doesn't work anymore to go to the previous page. Now I have to manually move up and click the back arrow. This is most annoying in Google (instant) Search.

I use bill pay in Chrome and have been for about 6 yrs. Maybe it's the bank, but it sure works for me. I have to do the banking for 4 families and I do it all on line.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

...the back button doesn't work anymore to go to the previous page. Now I have to manually move up and click the back arrow. ...

It may not be fault of HTML5 or AJAX - Many times this is because there is some sort of "input" box on the page and the page was written to place the focus on that because the person who wrote the page assumes you want to input if you opened the page. This places the cursor inside the input box so hitting the back button actually is not trying to "backspace" inside the input box.

I do wish that some of these pages would just leave the focus on the page and let me decide if I want ti input something or not - and let me decide what the back button should do.

Edited by Qapla

• 1 year later...

I search out browsers and just realized from clicking the "like" button(s)...these are older posting!   :D   Still valuable though.

I was having some issues with different browsers on my other computers...I still have firefox on one computer - but use chrome for others...and IE is giving me some issues...but it is all good!  I can work with them!   :uhhuh:

• 3 weeks later...

I been using chrome but I notice that if I cannot print a document while in chrome, if I change to firefox it will print.  So I use both.  Have to use firefox more to check out the speed factor.  IE is slower than either so I never use that anymore.

I use Firefox, I switched over to Chrome but did not like it, so I switched back to Firefox.

Me too. I still have Chrome on my computer, but I rarely use it. I never found a way for it to show menus at the top like other browsers (although I don't know if it is supposed to have menus). I also use IE occasionally, but mostly it's Firefox.

I might give Firefox another spin, but currently have a happy experience with Chrome and select add-ons. Since I started worshipping at the alter of Google, it's hard to imagine going to another browser :)

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have the gmail message in the Inbox highlight the whole subject line when right clicking to choose from a drop down box to mark unread, delete, etc.

Also, there is a square box to the left before the title of the message where an arrow appears at the same time. It stays highlighted like that until I delete the arrow which I have to do over and over..

I tried all the settings for everything optional and nothing changes it..

I use both Chrome and Opera and it happens with either so I don't think it's the browser..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Does anyone have the gmail message in the Inbox highlight the whole subject line when right clicking to choose from a drop down box to mark unread, delete, etc.

Also, there is a square box to the left before the title of the message where an arrow appears at the same time. It stays highlighted like that until I delete the arrow which I have to do over and over..

I tried all the settings for everything optional and nothing changes it..

I use both Chrome and Opera and it happens with either so I don't think it's the browser..

Yes, it does happen. It highlights the whole line, so that its obvious which line you have right-clicked on. It also checks the checkbox on the left. That means it's selected. You can check multiple messages at the same time if you would like to batch delete messages.

What seems to be the problem with that?