JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

VISTA infrared mosaic of the central Milky Way those things that look like stars are mostly galaxies.

Jordan

Great picture... Can you provide a reference that says these stars in this picture are mostly galaxies.. ..this is a picture of our galaxy.. with over 84 million stars... i am sure some of the white dots are galaxies..but you really can't have galaxies within galaxies ..unless there is a collision. 

from Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/98162/zoom-through-84-million-stars-in-gigantic-new-9-gigapixel-image/#ixzz2cLWAo7uc

view of the more than 84 million stars that astronomers have now catalogued from this image. The huge dataset contains more than ten times more stars than previous studies and astronomers say it is a major step forward for the understanding of our home galaxy.

I always find photos like these interesting...you zoom in and there is more and more..

I also wonder why all these stars take on the texture of porridge..sort of lumpy  ..but smooth toward the edges..

Mind you this is only a side view ...we will never get a real photographic top view ...showing the spiral arms...unless Jehovah sends us one...

Thanks 

Lance

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Jordan

Great picture... Can you provide a reference that says these stars in this picture are mostly galaxies.. ..this is a picture of our galaxy.. with over 84 million stars... i am sure some of the white dots are galaxies..but you really can't have galaxies within galaxies ..unless there is a collision. 

from Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/98162/zoom-through-84-million-stars-in-gigantic-new-9-gigapixel-image/#ixzz2cLWAo7uc

view of the more than 84 million stars that astronomers have now catalogued from this image. The huge dataset contains more than ten times more stars than previous studies and astronomers say it is a major step forward for the understanding of our home galaxy.

I always find photos like these interesting...you zoom in and there is more and more..

I also wonder why all these stars take on the texture of porridge..sort of lumpy  ..but smooth toward the edges..

Mind you this is only a side view ...we will never get a real photographic top view ...showing the spiral arms...unless Jehovah sends us one...

Thanks 

Lance

Hmm that's interesting part of my post is missing. I'll repost. There really not galaxies within galaxies, it appears to be through a lens, it's perspective, however that picture isn't the one I was referring to, somehow I really messed that post up.

Here's another closer look of a small area that the Hubble took galaxies of all colors and sizes (at Nasa.gov) other shots of this picture (not enlarged) they point out they look like stars -

hubble_newold06.jpg

An image taken by the refurbished Hubble Space Telescope shows Gravitational Lensing in Galaxy Cluster Abell 370. Image released by NASA on Wednesday, Sept. 9. 2009 NASA

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2009/09/hubble-telescopes-latest-image.html

And here are "overlapping galaxies" again it's perspective  --

659765main_CosmicCollision1-lg.jpg

Here's the story of "Ultra Deep Field" In just one image for example, the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, below, there are about 10,000 galaxies visible.

http://www.universetoday.com/36610/how-many-galaxies-have-we-discovered/

"In our own galaxy, There are between 4 billion 100-300 billion stars in the Milky Way. At most, 8,479 of them are visible from Earth. Roughly 2,500 stars are available to the unaided eye in ideal conditions from a single spot at a given time."

So if you're looking at the sky with only your eyes, you probably don't see many galaxies at all, if any. You don't even see .0001% of the universe's stars either.

Hubble-Deep-field.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Thanks for posting Jordan.

Simply breath taking. Its amazing to think how Jehovah knows each stair by name and not one goes missing,

I love looking at the sky at night especially when you see from one corner to the other side just a dotted array of stars..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Jordan

You got it right now. The first link was just a huge megapixel of our galaxy .

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Jordan

You got it right now. The first link was just a huge megapixel of our galaxy .

ya and it was just that picture too... I don't know how I messed that up but I had all the other pics in there etc... I did something ...