JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In the news

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3899 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was hoping someone would post this.

My home page is NineMSN.

One article that was posted on this site was about a young lady in Colorado who had killed her mum at home.

The woman's husband was trying to get into the room to stop things, but the door was locked.

He heard his wife call out 'Jehovah'.

Has anyone heard of this?

If I am incorrect in posting this, please remove.

Yes, I have googled this and have found the news item you are talking about.

One of the news items (Abc 7) says in part:

CENTENNIAL, Colo. - Eighteen-year-old Isabella Yun-Mi Guzman emailed her mother "you will pay" and later spit in her face on the day before she allegedly killed her mother by stabbing her 79 times in her face and neck in the bathroom of their Aurora home, according to court records.

An autopsy showed the mother, 47-year-old Yun-Mi Hoy, died after being stabbed repeatedly in the face and neck, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by 7NEWS.

The teen's stepfather, Ryan Hoy, said his wife was attacked as she went to take a shower in an upstairs bathroom on Wednesday night. The stepfather told police he was eating dinner downstairs when he heard a thumping sound upstairs and his wife calling his name.

The stepfather said he rushed upstairs and heard the shower running and tried to push his way through the closed bathroom door. He said he caught a glimpse of Isabella, who pushed the door shut with her back and locked it.

Ryan Hoy said he saw blood seeping from under the bathroom door and ran to get his cellphone and called 911, telling a call-taker that he believed his wife was being attacked, the affidavit said.

The stepfather rushed back to the bathroom with 911 still on the phone and heard his wife say "Jehovah," the affidavit said.

Then the bathroom door opened and Isabella walked out, holding a knife downward in her right hand, the stepfather said. He said Isabella never said a word and stared straight ahead as she walked past him and went downstairs.

Ryan Hoy said he looked into the bathroom and saw the naked body of his wife, covered in blood on the floor. Her throat had been slashed, he told police, and a baseball bat was lying under her body.

What a tragedy - very demonic.

We may have problems, but let's count our blessings...I remember one circuit overseer saying that if someone killed him, the next thing he would see would be the peaceful new earth...it is good that the sister called out Jehovah's name...he does give us strength in times of distress.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

If her daughter doesn't seek Jehovah's forgiveness and stop whatever led to such demonic actions, Jehovah's day of anger will certainly be one of judgement for those who persecute/kill His people...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I saw this yesterday and I looked up several versions of this story and all confirm that the women called out "Jehovah" but none say either her or her daughter were Witnesses., even though it may be assumed, we are not the only people who know God's name is Jehovah. Maybe we'll hear something more on this. Of course, this doesn't make it any less of a tragedy even if they are/were not Witnesses. 

Edited by Musky

Its hard to contemplate how a daughter can turn on her Mother. 

I know Jesus said it would happen. Something must a have gotten lost in the relationship somewhere.

But that's my thinking. Even so. Poor Mother. & Hubby.. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."