JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Randall, I could see it best in the last one. Looks like you look over a field and barn(?) or a roof. How nice, and the smell of fall, you can't take a pic of that!

Very observant. It is strange where I live. Behind me is a cattle farm. From my front yard it is a short walk to a Wendy's and a large shopping center. Some people call it 'best of both worlds '

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

The herd is normally kept at 15 not including calves. The calves are taken away and sold. When the cows and calves are separated there is a constant mooring for about two days. Last two years the cows were kept in the pasture you see in the picture. This year they have been kept down to the left and we rarely see them. The owners seem nice. This year they have built a chicken coup in that field which they are constantly moving from place to place. No odor problem. Maybe the wind has been in our favor. Last year we had stink bugs get in the house but if you are careful you can get rid of them without problem. This year no stink bugs just flies. We do not have much room for a garden and it would be difficult for me or my wife to work one. We did have a few plants this year but we did not get any manure from the neighbors.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Randall, I'm so happy you posted those pic's and I really appreciated the story of your neighborhood. Sad about the calves, too bad they couldn't have kept them a bit longer. And chickens are good,what an experience. They can be for eggs or for meat.

Stink bugs? We have them here plus we have 'poop flies'. Oh man they can bite you! Been bitten many times in my youth.

You and your wife seem to enjoy, by your pics, the goings on in the back yard. Farm life can be full and busy. Rebirth each year. Enjoy.

And thanks again for sharing a bit of your world, I wish more people would share their part of it.

Actually I didn't know you can get snow. I didn't know Georgia got so cold. Interesting to me.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

a546509b0016fe4a84faa215e590e567.jpg

Crusted ribs no sauce, no mopping

Tracey, you didn't tell me dinner was at 6 last night! Hope my share of the ribs was good!

I'm back at the top of the page again :angry:

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Tracey, you didn't tell me dinner was at 6 last night! Hope my share of the ribs was good!

I'm back at the top of the page again :angry:

Your share was not good! Trying to find the ideal low carb ribs for me.

Experiment #1.. Just dry rub on gas grill with wood chips... Scale 1-10? Score 2

Rub too salty; smoke not there.

I blame the cook for this poor outcome.

Didn't make a low carb sauce. Want to appreciate flavor of meat.

Stay tuned for next experiment with ribs.

I'm also a big fan of ribs. I found a recipe for crock pot ribs. Have to admit it was one of the best ribs I've had , my own, in a long time. I'm a forever BBQ'er and generally do mine that way, but I'm moving away from all the mopping on/watching/turning/marinating. Toss any good recipe and a rack of ribs in the big 'ol slow cooker and have it perfect by dinner. 

Oh my goodness, I think I feel myself  navigating to the freezer.....must be ribs for dinner! Oh no wait, maybe porterhouse, yaaaa, porterhouse

Your share was not good! Trying to find the ideal low carb ribs for me.

Experiment #1.. Just dry rub on gas grill with wood chips... Scale 1-10? Score 2

Rub too salty; smoke not there.

I blame the cook for this poor outcome.

Didn't make a low carb sauce. Want to appreciate flavor of meat.

Stay tuned for next experiment with ribs.

Score improved to 4 after overnight ribs for lunch.

Oh that's great. IMO I think most foods, that don't have to served immediately, taste better the next day.

Here's a good lower sugar recipe, its for chicken but is interchangeable-http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/applesauce-barbecue-chickenand because I like it deep smoky flavor I use liquid smoke or smoked paprika. 

This is the one that hits all my taste buds-  http://www.stacymakescents.com/easy-crock-pot-ribs- post-1083-0-46654900-1447365411.jpg

Here's another warning for our local area, unfortunately people don't listen and want to go see the storm close up, they get swept off the jetty and most the time aren't found or found much later. I wish this was a rare occurrence but it's not. 

post-1083-0-39728800-1447367016.jpg

A large westerly-northwesterly swell of approximately 18-22 ft will bring hazardous seas to the Oregon and Washington coasts Friday and Saturday. Please avoid jetties during this period as these waves will have the ability to run much higher up the rocks than normal.