JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

For the last 6 years, Scottish wildlife photographer Alan McFadyen spent an estimated 4,200 hours seeking the perfect shot: a symmetrical image of a kingfisher diving into its own refelection in search of prey. Last month, after 720,000 exposures he finally got it.  http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/11/kingfisher-symmetry-alan-mcfadyen/

6 years and 4,200 hours?!  Too bad he wasn't into pioneering. ^_^ 

king-1.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

:blink:  :wacko:  :o

catepillar-640x360.jpg

Here’s a fantastic optical illusion courtesy of mother nature. What looks like a vibrantly colored caterpillar perched on a tree limb is actually photographer José Luis Rodríguez’s chance encounter with nine extra cozyEuropean Bee-eaters. The photographer named the image Oruga de Plumas, which translates roughly to “Caterpillar of Feathers”.   http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/03/a-caterpillar-of-feathers/

I thought it was a caterpillar when I first saw it--er, them.  ^_^ 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The first ever seamless photograph of an entire redwood tree

Photographer Nick Nichols and National Geographic built a robotized rig with three cameras to capture thisenormous 1,600 year old redwood tree in California. The final composite is stitched together from 84 photos. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2010/10/the-first-ever-seamless-photograph-of-an-entire-redwood-tree/

tree-600x1839.jpg

Have any of you ever seen "white steak"? Probably you bros see this in Japan all the time. This is a pic from years ago of steak I ordered with some brothers. 310b9251147482f7b63ce5b342005984.jpg

I hear that this steak is supposed to be very good... was it?

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Birds of a feather, caterpillar together...

I thought it was a caterpillar when I first saw it--er, them.  ^_^ 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

How long until someone offers the date stamp on eggs as proof of evolution?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

To me this is utterly fascinating.

I took a pic of my dad and brother in front of a log we were cutting on for 2 winters, after work today I'll scan it in so you can see I worked on these huge beasts in the early 1970's. 

11666036_10205731995956528_2508341021452

"Jarrod Brown — The Golden Years of Trucking 50's 60's 70's and 80's September 1952. This is the famous 'Paul Bunyan Load' that was hauled off highway into Union Lumber Company's plant in Ft. Bragg, CA. The truck was Roy Stoddard #24, a 1944 Peterbilt 390 Off Hwy. truck with 12 foot bunks that had adjustable 'Rossi Chocks.' The 40 foot logs were 7, 8, and 9 feet in diameter respectively, and the load scaled out at 53,670 feet Spalding! Total gross weight was 421,000 lbs! The driver was Copeland. He had been a bomber pilot in World War Two."

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

This dog has now demolished 2 bags of flour. he hasn't eaten all of it but has certainly done a number on them, one last weekend and one just now. 

There is flour all over the place....so much for making bread tomorrow.

post-1083-0-32253600-1449460902.jpg

post-1083-0-14782400-1449460922.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I came out of my room and went into the kitchen, MH is in the tv room so the kitchen lights were off, all I could see is these white spots on the rubber floor mat, I thought it was a reflection from some sort of light, I turned on the lights and low and behold I have flour absolutely everywhere, on the other side of the counter, by the kennels, in the dog beds, in the water dish. My other dog, Peachy, was drinking and came up for breath with blobs of flour stuck to her whiskers.

After I turned on the lights and saw the mess I went into the pantry to find the HUGE pile of flour and screamed. MH came out, saw the dog and busted out laughing, then all the paw prints. A brother came over at that time to pick up his dog we were babysitting, he got to see the whole chaotic mess- all he could do is laugh!!!

Ya they can laugh but I'll be the one to be scraping the dog spit stuck flour off the floor tomorrow. Ya, ya, it's funny... 

We adopted a golden retriever at 1.5 years old in 2002, I went to Costco and bought a Charmin 36 pack roll of toilet paper, shortly after getting the wild pup. Left it out overnight. When I went to check on the pooch in the middle of the night he had gotten into the pack and had a field day tearing up the 36 rolls. Let's just say it looked like he was floating on white clouds! LOL that was my buddy. We put him down August 2013.

Oh dear, that's almost as bad!! What a mess!

Herkie also has a habit of eating kleenex and paper towels, or will pull the plastic liners out of the burning garbage and eat the bag as well as what's in the bag. Yesterday I picked up poop that was almost exclusively plastic. I asked the vet about this and he said it's sometimes what old dogs do, they get senile. He's 19 so I have to cut him some slack, but it really takes a toll on my patience. I didn't have this much trouble with my kids! 

We adopted a golden retriever at 1.5 years old in 2002, I went to Costco and bought a Charmin 36 pack roll of toilet paper, shortly after getting the wild pup. Left it out overnight. When I went to check on the pooch in the middle of the night he had gotten into the pack and had a field day tearing up the 36 rolls. Let's just say it looked like he was floating on white clouds! LOL that was my buddy. We put him down August 2013.

:(