JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

If it's any consolation Cheryl I don't go anymore .....been there done that if I'm moved I buy a gift and give at my own convenience.

No fuss no fan fare ! No guilt !

Well, I have to admit I do have a plan. There are 2 other sisters who go in service with me on Sunday's. They feel the same way I do, so since the shower is at 2 we'll still be in service, we're going to stop by with a card with money, stay for 10 minutes to be respectful, then we'll leave. One sister wasn't going to go and she was feeling guilty but this way she's guilt free! 

Normally I do exactly what you do Wendy. But I'm working on at least showing up. Taking my cue from how CO"s do it when there's a function when they visit. They show up but only stay for 10-15 minutes. I think I can do that. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My husband is in to metal detecting and yesterday at a field near where we live he dug up an Henry VII groat, minted in the 1490s.

But shhhh I don't tell him I posted this, I mock him for being a bit of a geek, so I can't have him thinking I'm impressed :lol::D

My dad was into detecting from the early 70s until he could no longer do it in the 90s. He found a few of them, and a few gold sovereigns!

I think my mum got £1400 for his treasures when she finally sold them.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

My dad was into detecting from the early 70s until he could no longer do it in the 90s. He found a few of them, and a few gold sovereigns!

I think my mum got £1400 for his treasures when she finally sold them.

Oh wow! he did well. Hope your mum treated herself with the proceeds :D

Do you use a dSLR?

Not any more. I used to have a Canon 7d and half-dozen lenses. I sold it all a few years ago. I used to help out photographing the Police graduation a few times a year. It got to the stage where that was the only time I used it, so I sold it.

Now I have a Nikon. Don't ask me what model it is because I don't know. :) It's just something I bought fairly cheap - but better than the camera on my iPhone. I throw it in my bag when I go out bushwalking.

I've got my eye on the Olympus OM-D E-M1. They look pretty neat.

https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Interchangeable-Lens-Cameras/Olympus-OM-D/OM-D-E-M1/Overview

Not any more. I used to have a Canon 7d and half-dozen lenses. I sold it all a few years ago. I used to help out photographing the Police graduation a few times a year. It got to the stage where that was the only time I used it, so I sold it.

Now I have a Nikon. Don't ask me what model it is because I don't know. :) It's just something I bought fairly cheap - but better than the camera on my iPhone. I throw it in my bag when I go out bushwalking.

I've got my eye on the Olympus OM-D E-M1. They look pretty neat.https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Interchangeable-Lens-Cameras/Olympus-OM-D/OM-D-E-M1/Overview

I have a dSLR, Just a basic one, but I hardly ever use it either, I need to trade it in for something smaller. Your Nikon takes nice sharp photos.

Edited by Peanuts

We don't have any snow yet :ecstatic:  But we may get freezing rain tomorrow :scooter::upsidedown:

We get your weather report and we can't believe the run your having but look out January may bring some crazy weather.

Last summer we had drought conditions so the more snow in the mountains the better. Skiers are happy too Peter .

Stay safe if you get he freezing rain.

I've been reminiscing to the warmer days of the summer...took this on my phone whilst on ministry. My phone generally takes rubbish photos, but I was quite pleased with his one. The water mill is now a ski shop, not sure about the oast house. It's a lovely little village full of antique shops.

post-6600-0-88893700-1451308218_thumb.jp

Edited by Peanuts

Ross, I saw this a few months ago, it's amazing isn't it? I look forward to visiting with Noah and his family on how they did it. So much I want to know. 

(Ohhh nooo, I'm on the top of the page again....how did I do this....I don't like being on the top of the page :( )

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34