JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Another pic taken by a local man. Going up to the Cape Disappointment Lighthouse. Overlooking the most dangerous river bar in the world- Columbia River/Pacific Ocean.

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/cape-disappointment-state-park

59d8576e60d2d_onwaytolighthouse(480x360).jpg.c553c0ff9e8367a16f9d5bdf995647f5.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

38 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Overlooking the most dangerous river bar in the world

I've been in worse bars than that...:scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So it's not only clamming season but it cranberry season too, all the fields are flooded and cranberries are floating!

This is a bog just down the road from me. I watched them do the harvest here 2 years ago , old skills.

59d962e893de0_cranberryharvest(360x480).jpg.2c9d015da3711d314f60b8ed57776ae4.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

12 minutes ago, Dove said:

Does this mean they are waterlogged and ruined?

Oh no, they flood the berries and they float. Then take very long handled 'squeege' type of pushers. They (the old school guys) pushthe berries to where they're taken out. Some places have machines but the small mom and pop fields are more old fashioned, I appreciate that. Then the berries are taken to the Ocean Spray factory on Sandridge Road to be processed. They'll be selling gallon bags of berries soon too. I plan on getting a gallon, use in my smoothies.

Edited by bagwell1987

Just now, bagwell1987 said:

Oh no, they flood the berries and they float. Then take very long handled 'squeege' type of pushers. They (the old school guys) pushthe berries to where they're taken out. Some places have machines but the small mom and pop fields are more old fashioned, I appreciate that. Then the berries are taken to the Ocean Spray factory on Sandridge Road to be processed. They'll be selling gallon bags of berries soon too. I plan on getting a gallon, use in my smoothies.

Oh, with all the flooding going on around the country I just had that on my mind and thought it was a small disaster..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

My neighbors have been taking some beautiful pictures lately. This one is on the path leading to Beards Hollow. I love riding my bike there, a really long paved bike/jogging/walking trail.

http://www.columbiariverimages.com/Regions/Places/beards_hollow.html

59d9785e70474_beardshollow(360x480).jpg.4d2f90c61d0aac881529ffc6e79d952b.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Next.. 0ed516f3931ed4fb771bda210c88e46b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Do you brine your chicken tenders in salt water first? Do you put a sauce on them? Tracey, I must meet you and your wife some day. I'm heading South this December.....

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

My neighbors have been taking some beautiful pictures lately. This one is on the path leading to Beards Hollow. I love riding my bike there, a really long paved bike/jogging/walking trail.

http://www.columbiariverimages.com/Regions/Places/beards_hollow.html

59d9785e70474_beardshollow(360x480).jpg.4d2f90c61d0aac881529ffc6e79d952b.jpg

That's a pretty looking site but I hope you don't go alone..this system has made me so paranoid.

My son told me one day that Unsolved Mysteries ruined his life..:lol:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, Dove said:

That's a pretty looking site but I hope you don't go alone..this system has made me so paranoid.

My son told me one day that Unsolved Mysteries ruined his life..:lol:

There have been many occurrences on the trails, NO I don't go alone. Not anywhere anymore.

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

There have been many occurrences on the trails, NO I don't go alone. Not anywhere anymore.

I'm glad... two heads are better than one..

Edited by Dove

5 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'll have to go to this spot in winter and take a picture for you, you positively won't believe it!

You mean the ice will be as smooth as glass too?...:)

2 minutes ago, Dove said:

You mean the ice will be as smooth as glass too?...:)

Haa, haa sissy, no we don't get much ice BUT the wind storms and sideways rain! Whew! Blows your hair right off your head. Whipping up the waves, even in the mooring basin. Wicked.

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Haa, haa sissy, no we don't get much ice BUT the wind storms and sideways rain! Whew! Blows your hair right off your head. Whipping up the waves, even in the mooring basin. Wicked.

Scarey :scared: