JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Moon Bombed!

Tonight just as our zoom meeting ended with prayer and everyone was still  hanging around to talk I couldn't resit to pull up my super moon picture ( virtual background) in light of the fact this is the last super moon of the year and pretended I was holding it up, I moon bombed the zoom meeting! Well not exactly, the meeting had ended. One brother texted me later and asked " did you moon us?" he he !

2020-05-07_22h44_25.png

Some people just should never ever

be ordered into lockdown. :D

yrurari-2.thumb.jpg.03d4b1ed4cdb11cf3d0e8a25c629bac3.jpg

Perhaps she plans to scare

the coronavirus away? :D

Social distancing sure won't be

a problem.  :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

14 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Came across this interesting drawing from the 1840s.

https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Poperob.jpg

Not surprising at all. Recently, I had read excerpts of books from the Renaissance periods and reading about the European/Catholic inquisitions. It's simply mind boggling how "evil" transcends throughout millenia. (1 John 5:19)

4 hours ago, Old said:

Amazing, they were fortelling the future invention of the telephone.

By a Scotsman living in Canada, Eh!  1st long distance call was from downtown Paris, ON to his father's place in Brantford

-  now the Bell homestead museum. 2 years before he patented it in the US.

I was not taught that it was his father's house in Brantford, learned that point decades later, AG Bell had a farm in east coast of Canada ( sometimers again - either New Brunswick or Nova Scotia )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

12 hours ago, Old said:

Amazing, they were fortelling the future invention of the telephone.

I noticed that too, and thought perhaps it may have been invented earlier than I thought. The site it was posted said "cartoon from the 1840s", guess that was incorrect, maybe it was a typo, and was meant to say 1940s.

Edited by EccentricM

4 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I noticed that too, and thought perhaps it may have been invented earlier than I thought. The site it was posted said "cartoon from the 1840s", guess that was incorrect, maybe it was a typo, and was meant to say 1940s.

I Googled the image and several sites said it was from 1943..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

https://www.facebook.com/nicolemaxino/videos/10156801789657155/

There is a religious symbol in the background. If anyone is sensitive to that, you might not want to view this video.

Fine to me, it's just a cross in the background, but the video itself is not even religious. Even our films and magazines from the organisation have crosses in some pictures in the background (example, some illustrations of scenarios ,or even images of public locations, like town squares that have religious monuments).

We have to remember, an object just being in the background is not some voodoo curse on us, akin to what Christendom beleives regarding 666 and alike, else we'd have to walk everywhere with our eyes closed 😄.

Edited by EccentricM