JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Shall we try again ....

This was the view from my front door but we've sadly moved house now, the sunsets were amazing... the storms were frightening as that's the sea facing the Atlantic you can see ... the tide was out 🤣

Screenshot_20201120-170046_Dropbox.jpg

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

8 hours ago, AH173 said:

Similar temp in Cleveland Ohio area. 

Pic of backyard before I used snowblower to clear the snow. 

It's a picture of snow covering an patio umbrella and metal mesh outdoor table. Had to knock all snow off and snow blow it away. 

We had 2 feet of wet snow. 

backyard morning .jpg

Are.....you.....kidding??? My worst nightmare! So glad I live on the Washington state ocean. Might be a bit wet for some but at least I dont have THAT!! Nope, nada!

It was so nice today, but cold...50's, I thought it'd be nice to have an outdoor fire going.....

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks, Alaska. Crews were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. He was a huge 60 inch bull and slightly teed off!

Got this from social media.

F529C3B7-A679-47C8-A06D-BC0B1E1D0BCE.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

That moose had a nice view!

A moose with a view...

He was wired!

They were stringing him along...

He shouldn't get his antlers all in a tangle..

"Hey Rocky, I can see my house from here" 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

According to Snopes, the hanging moose photo is legit.

The incident happened in 2004 in Alaska:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/high-wire-act/

TRUE

spacer.png

On 5 October 2004, a moose became entangled in under-construction power lines on Pogo Mine Road leading to the Teck Pogo gold mine about 80 miles southeast of Fairbanks. Officials speculated that the moose caught its antlers in a sagging half-inch cable, then was hoisted 50 feet in the air when the cables were subsequently tightened with a hydraulic winch.

The 1,200-pound bull moose was still alive when the wires were lowered to the ground, but Department of Fish and Game officials deemed the situation too dangerous to allow for tranquilizing the unfortunate animal before removing it from the wires and decided to kill it instead.

Tragic 'LET DOWN' for the poor beastie, though. :facepalmpo2:

:D  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Loopy said:

I saw later that it was YEARS ago, just didn’t know humans did what they do best...KILL.

O well, it didn’t suffer anymore. 😔

and is is very difficult to eat a kicking, struggling moose without killing it. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Anyone here besides brother Hess remember when we used to have a press department for our circuit assemblies?  I can't recall what the departments name was, maybe the News Department? I did serve as the photog for a couple of assembles. This was when we had three day events. During and after the CA the News brothers would try to get the photos or articles into the local newspapers. 

To make a long story short, yesterday our puppy got into a box of old photos, destroying a few. This one survived though the cardboard frame was well chewed. This was one of those posed publicity shots demonstrating a family Bible Study. The picture was taken on the CA stage during a break in the program.

Our family at Cottage Grove, Oregon Circuit Assembly, circa 1970 . The photo never made it to the paper and if it hadn't been for our dog nobody would even see it now.

CCI12032020.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:39 AM, Loopy said:

Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks, Alaska. Crews were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. He was a huge 60 inch bull and slightly teed off!

Got this from social media.

F529C3B7-A679-47C8-A06D-BC0B1E1D0BCE.jpeg

His grandchildren will never hear the end of him telling them his adventures .... LOL :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)