JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Yesterday morning our neighbor came up from Lower Michigan to stay at his camp, right across the road from our farm.

As he was approaching his driveway, he spotted a pair of newborn fawns standing on the highway.

He got out and moved the fawns off of the highway and into the woods.

This morning, a lady stopped to tell us there were two baby deer on the highway...again. :( 

I called the local DNR office to report the fawns.  The DNR guy said he didn't think there was anybody to foster and feed the babies.  (A wildlife rehab person.)

I spoke to our neighbor and he said he had also called the DNR to report the fawns.

The DNR did nothing about it.

I decided it was definitely not normal for a mother deer to leave her fawns on the roadway.  I found the fawns bleating for their mother to come feed them.   They were very weak and dehydrated so I removed the fawns from the roadway and put them in a little makeshift pen out on the lawn, to await the arrival of the DNR officer.  The Sheriff said he would radio the officer with the fawns' whereabouts.

When the officer arrived, she agreed that does do not tell their newborns to stand on the highway while she is off foraging and keeping the predators away.  But, without the doe's dead body as proof, she was going to assume their momma was still alive.   She wanted to put the babies in our hay field (which is where they were probably born) but we are going to cut the hay and the machine would chew up the babies. :( 

So I tried to get her to put them behind our neighbor's camp.  He has a deer feedlot a quarter of a mile from his camp= a quarter of a mile from the highway. 

But she wasn't keen on that idea.  So, she was going to place them back into the woods along the highway and let 'things' take their course.   

I did convince her to rehydrate them before returning them to the...roadway. :(

This is the weakest one:

196438518_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_12_42PM.thumb.png.d7c655a2b6786682ee9e9c2ae9a10802.png

This twin had a little more energy than its sibling:

483778111_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_13_38PM.png.93037cb5c685b26046367317d05de4ac.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

27 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

But what is a 401K when it comes to business?

I've heard of a 41k.

A 401K is an employee savings/investment plan where the employer will contribute money to match the employees contribution. It has nothing to do with running.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A 401K is an employee savings/investment plan...

I only know of this from movies based in the US, and news reports where 401k savings have been impacted. We do not have these DownUnder.
I think the joke is we are metric, so we talk in 'k's' as the abbreviation for kilometres. Ie. I did a 10k run yesterday... so a 401k is quite long!

To me the joke is the mix of abbreviations. The US are still with the antiquated 'miles', so 401k in reference to a distance is lost.
For most in Downunder, I believe the reference to 401k (as a fund) is lost.
Maybe Canada can laugh at this?

Old (Downunder) Tone

13 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I only know of this from movies based in the US, and news reports where 401k savings have been impacted. We do not have these DownUnder.
I think the joke is we are metric, so we talk in 'k's' as the abbreviation for kilometres. Ie. I did a 10k run yesterday... so a 401k is quite long!

To me the joke is the mix of abbreviations. The US are still with the antiquated 'miles', so 401k in reference to a distance is lost.
For most in Downunder, I believe the reference to 401k (as a fund) is lost.
Maybe Canada can laugh at this?

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Marathons (even in the backwards US) are often referred to as 5K or 10K.  When I saw 401K, I automatically thought of the savings account connected to employment.  I had my first 401K in 1980 and, now that I am retired (since 2010), I am getting monthly withdrawals from one. 

I am a little slow, so I had to think about the running part before I caught on.