JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

On 5/18/2024 at 10:07 PM, DancesWithWife said:

My wife Debbie made a really cool quilt out of denim. We shopped at a thrift store, buying several pairs of used jeans during a "fill a bag for $5" sale. 

We washed them thoroughly and she cut them into squares. For the backing she used a red plaid flannel sheet. The quilt is heavy.  She included the pockets from the jeans too which serves as a tv remote holder!

1000001272.jpg

Now find your keys

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

(grumpy, old, etc)

impatient 👊, lack of self control 😡 ( I'm working on these fruitages ) broke 🤑, memory loss 🤪, sore 😵‍💫, tired 🧎🏼‍♀️, over weight 🫃🏻, angry 😠, all this along with 56 years of marriage ! HELP !    😂

I did my first early morning metro shift (not my first metro), yesterday.  6.30am-8.00.  The location is a beautiful lookout called Point Danger, basically the border of NSW and QLD, Australia.  Sun rose around 6.50-7am.  Whales galore on their migration north.  IMG_9049.thumb.jpeg.700de7213e0848300fb0723644244213.jpegIMG_9050.thumb.jpeg.ab209cc6a86c05599f9f7bca4963a9f8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I have no idea why I'm quoting a post from @Dustparticle. He would not likely be interested in this.

Chocolate.thumb.jpg.283501e554e1644a4088206edc4fcce9.jpg

https://www.today.com/health/diet-fitness/healthiest-chocolate-rcna156590

I sampled some dark chocolate covered pepitas (pumpkin seeds) the other day at my bulk food store.  Surprisingly delicious.🍫

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

Having a sleep disorder does have some benefits this time of year when the sun rises around 5am for beautiful sunrises. 

DSC_2063 sunrise fishinb boat.jpg

I usually get up at 5:30am each morning regardless of what season it is, and a bit earlier in summer to get a few things done outside before it gets too hot to be outdoors.

You get to see a many beautiful sunrise, moonsets, fog covered lowlands, kangaroos grazing in the paddocks, birds waking up to a new day and finding that early worm, planes flying overhead into Sydney from overseas (we live beneath the flightpath of most flights coming from the north of us, such as Asia and from North America). Also, the smell of a morning coffee.

Edited by Pabo

18 minutes ago, Pabo said:

"the smell of a morning coffee"... I can imagine doing without almost everything in the NW, but the smell of coffee early in the morning... let eternity pass over it without erasing a single drop of it!  And If we also add buttered and jam toast (french baguette, the real french baguette and croissants, the real french croissants : ouch, ouch, ouch

19 minutes ago, Pabo said:

I usually get up at 5:30am each morning regardless of what season it is, and a bit earlier in summer to get a few things done outside before it gets too hot to be outdoors.

You get to see a many beautiful sunrise, moonsets, fog covered lowlands, kangaroos grazing in the paddocks, birds waking up to a new day and finding that early worm, planes flying overhead into Sydney from overseas (we live beneath the flightpath of most flights coming from the north of us, such as Asia and from North America). Also, the smell of a morning coffee.

I felt like Lazarus today. I had been so sick the past two weeks, yesterday I had hoped to go the meeting but was still filling ill. Debbie took me out for a walk today (Columbia River in background) and we came across this wood sculpture of a salmon. A local wood carver creates these carvings, the business is called Knot Just A Bear. 

IMG_20240624_131013028_HDR Gregg Fish.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”