JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

Of all the ships that go by, I enjoy watching the tugs work on the Columbia River.

DSC_0564 rear view samantha s tug pe fish eye.jpg

I had a friend that was a Columbia River Bar Pilot, he said that the power in one of those tugs is shocking. The WHOLE boat is power.

I know how they make me feel when they go by, the vibration you can feel in your chest. So I understand your fascination.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I had a friend that was a Columbia River Bar Pilot, he said that the power in one of those tugs is shocking. The WHOLE boat is power.

I know how they make me feel when they go by, the vibration you can feel in your chest. So I understand your fascination.

Back in 2008 the Independance rammed the wharf at the oil refinery I was at. It was at night so they backed off and put a spotlight on the damage so we could check for leaks. I notified the Coast Guard, and they discovered the crew was drunk. It's a little scary seeing the damage that thing can do and then watch them back off and look like they want to hit it again. I'm glad they were sober enough to give us a spotlight light instead of ramming it again.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/19/2024 at 2:04 PM, Piano Man said:

My cat Millie looking at me while I'm outdoors wishing she could be out. But it's dangerous out there and I don't want her to get hurt. She is almost 20 years old now.

FB_IMG_1713016202121.jpg

I am enjoying your baby's picture. My dog is 13 now, and I am hoping for a long time with her. Of course, I'm getting older, too. The dog that grew up with my sons lived til 19 and a half. Jehovah gives us so much to look forward to. Please post more pics of Millie. 

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

image.png.d1a45d9152e5d90e4655588355eba3d3.png

Man's idea of solving a problem

Hide contents

image.png.dbd6b4a022e5f9060396e753c23e238d.png

The second picture is definitely clearer with the reduced air pollution.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A cranky Great Blue Heron out today during my afternoon walk. I can usually take a few photos before the bird flies away squawking, letting you know it's not happy. I usually try to sneak up and not alarm the birds. I am very respectful of animals. 

IMG_8009 cropped wings out great blu heron pix blur splash.jpg

IMG_8004 great blue heron pix splash blur.jpg

IMG_8008 cropped Great blue heron PIX Reflection blur.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Electric helicopters? Shocking.GIF.a6f65b8f9b3f9569a2365db9a69530fb.GIF

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2024/04/23/electric-planes-climate-change?

ScreenShot2024-04-28at7_54_47AM.png.2703cd0eeb7191f0ec347275684a257c.png

My first reaction:

Your cell phone's battery dies, it's a bummer.

Your helicopter's battery dies, YOU die.

But then I got to thinking:

Your car's engine dies, it's a bummer.

Your helicopter's engine dies, YOU die.

So, in the end, I guess I would fly in an electric helicopter...real close to the ground. Bateyessmirk.gif.270c1c85ff4733a0f7926fdd41635acc.gif

Couldn't call them "choppers" anymore, cuz they won't go "chop" "chop" "chop" ing through the air.

Guess you'd have to call them "buzzers".   

(Hummers is already taken)

ScreenShot2024-04-28at8_11_10AM.png.81e0799371278b5a6825c441a8416e87.png

:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 4/23/2024 at 10:06 AM, DancesWithWife said:

Great Blue Heron

Great pictures Br. Gregg, you have managed to capture the beautiful plumage of this magnificent bird

Spoiler

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Blue_Heron/photo-gallery/475672

This stately heron with its subtle blue-gray plumage often stands motionless as it scans for prey or wades belly deep with long, deliberate steps. They may move slowly, but Great Blue Herons can strike like lightning to grab a fish or snap up a gopher.

image.png.a0613163835529abd2aed759121dbfad.png

Edited by daydream

6:20AM - London Hyde Park, view from the Serpentine Bridge, looking eastwards along The Serpentine

The tower block on the far right is the Hyde Park Barracks (AKA Knightsbridge Barracks) which is home to the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment  - it was horses from here that made the news last week:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/57888-horses-loose-in-london/

In the background, just about visible with the mist, on the far left is another tower block - The Hilton on Park Lane.

There are a couple of Canada Geese on the water, and a couple of Swans behind them.

It was mild, though misty this morning - photo from my pre-breakfast 22-mile (35 km) cycle ride :)

image.thumb.png.dd3e9c4c867843f2938d0631c6b9e6f8.png

Edited by Parale