JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

An afternoon walk for some exercise produced a view of the moon, plane and a seagull. The moon is at 78% illumination. Always a joy to see the moon in the middle of the day. 

DSC_0364 afternoon moon plane seagull.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

2 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

A shaver holder I ordered. 

IMG_20240221_092927587(1) Shaver Holder.jpg

Guess someone didn't see Governing Body Bulletin No. 8... hahaha

This is good

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

19 hours ago, Pink Butterflies said:

IMG_2017.thumb.jpeg.9acf8b608c8e9ef074464aede2ee641c.jpeg

I really like cats, but I have problems with them shedding a lot of hair.

What are the good and bad things about this little guys without hair?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

9 minutes ago, Sete said:

J'aime beaucoup les chats, mais j'ai du mal à perdre beaucoup de poils.

Quels sont les bons et les mauvais côtés de ces petits bonhommes sans cheveux ?

I call them 'nudists' and we call them Sphynxes. They can be blue and pink. They are very expensive (more than 1000 euros per cat where I live) and they are very fragile: they need to be hydrated, protected from the sun... but they are wonderful cats: sociable, endearing, very affectionate and attached to the master. If you don't like hair, you're happy. That said, it secretes sebum and it stains.

My sister had two, they died quite quickly of illness, and they were so endearing that it was difficult to console her. She said 'never again'.

This is a ship that brings supplies, inspectors and other things that incoming ships may require, thus the name "MULE". We get to see all sorts of interesting vessels along the Columbia River.  

DSC_0321 BW MULE Kalama Washington vessel(1).jpg

7 hours ago, Sete said:

I really like cats, but I have problems with them shedding a lot of hair.

What are the good and bad things about this little guys without hair?

They don’t shred hair 🙃. He needs a bath at least once every two weeks. He like to snuggle. This breed is very curious they like people will follow you around like a little puppy and can be little  jerks. Wakes me up at 6am for food even when his bowl is half full. Then won’t eat when it’s not want he wants 😑

I asked Gemini to give me a rundown on the dog. Here is what she said:

The Newfoundland dog, a large working breed originating from Newfoundland Island, Canada.

**Key points:**

* **Origin:** Developed from crosses with native dogs and Great Pyrenees brought by Basque fishermen.
* **Physical characteristics:**
* Large: 26-28 inches tall, weighing 100-150 pounds.
* Powerful swimmer due to webbed feet, thick coat, and large lung capacity.
* Primarily black, brown, or gray; Landseer variety is black and white.
* **Famous Newfoundlands:**
* Saved Napoleon Bonaparte from drowning.
* Accompanied Lewis and Clark Expedition.
* Inspired characters in Peter Pan and poem by Lord Byron.
* **Care and Upkeep:**
* Requires large living space, food, and vet care.
* Moderate exercise, enjoys swimming and pulling.
* Heavy shedding and drooling, needs regular brushing and occasional baths.
* Short lifespan (9-10 years) and prone to health issues.
* **Temperament:**
* Calm, gentle, and patient.
* Affectionate with children and other pets ("nanny dog").
* Easy to train but slow to respond.
* Effective guard dog, but size and strength require careful handling.

This summary does not claim that all Newfoundlands will behave exactly as described, as individual temperaments can vary.

Old (Downunder) Tone

Quite a few years  ago my neighbor had a beautiful Newfoundland. Wonderful temperament.Loved that dog.🥰

Even more years back, out in the ministry I went to a house that I think had like a wrap around deck. Anyway, I knocked on the door and I turned to see this huge black dog coming around the corner. My eyes musta looked like this 😳 because this was my first run-in with a Newfoundland. 

I left for he car with a smile on my face 🥰

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

14 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

My dad when he was 18 in 1951. He died 5 years ago today. Not one day goes by without missing him. 

Dad Navy Photo Dad 1950 (2).jpg

I'm curious, when did he serve? I'm a vet myself, peacetime (1984-89). It was a good experience. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone now of course given Bible truth.

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

1 hour ago, just1-4all said:

I'm curious, when did he serve?

He enlisted when he was 17. He was getting in trouble in high school and his parents decided he needed to join one of the armed forces. He chose the Navy. He served from 1951-54 during the Korean conflict. He never came close to Korea. He was in Hawaii, Guam and the Philippines.