JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

52 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Can't decide if that's a wolfalo...or a buffawolf

When I was having the AI create it here is what I wrote: Yellowstone park with wolves and bison. I guess it created a buffawolf or the wolf just had lunch.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

16 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

When I was having the AI create it here is what I wrote: Yellowstone park with wolves and bison. I guess it created a buffawolf or the wolf just had lunch.

I am just glad that AI wasn't in charge when the animals were created.

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

am sure they are osprey's.

Spoiler

image.png.049a438604adf3aa5894f7811c3a97a0.png

image.png.bfa913964eac32e7654d8b0ca99c3f28.png

Osprey vs eagle – both are majestic birds of prey. Even better, in many places, Ospreys and eagles have become established, common birds!

Both are large raptors, but there are also several key differences. The Osprey is mostly dark above and white below while eagles have darker plumage overall. One of the other main differences is the food they eat.

While eagles catch a variety of animals and even eat carrion, Ospreys only eat fish.

Edited by daydream

12 minutes ago, daydream said:

What a majestic creature!

Yes, they are. Thanks for enlarging the photo for clarification. We have ospreys in the area too. They are incredible fishing birds. First they hover and in the blink of an eye dive bomb to catch the fish. Amazing.

3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

I hope your were listening to Def Leppard while lighting that fire!

I haven't listened to that album in years.

However, my missus wouldn't like it as it was not her style. So it would have been "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps or Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire".

Also it was 4:30am in the morning when we started.

This is what they look like 13 hours later.

20240401_174312.thumb.jpg.8cc2f7bc5cca49fc3dc571343be1fa60.jpg

The day started out with a beautiful sunrise with seagulls that I posted earlier. Most of the day was dreary, cold and light rain. Just as the day was coming to a close, the sky cleared in time for a short walk and ended with seagulls again. There were two seagulls who were watching me take photos of the passing ship.

DSC_0941 seagull wings out watching me FE.jpg

16 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

A seagull has a better view of the sunrise on the Columbia River, but I had the camera! A beautiful sunrise that didn't last long! 

IMG_3239 seagull sunrise karin caribbean .jpg

I'm trying to figure out where this was taken. Downtown Rainier? 

We certainly live in a postcard area don't we? And the river is a bevy of activity!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

7 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

J'essaie de comprendre où cela a été pris. Centre-ville plus pluvieux ? 

Nous vivons certainement dans une région de carte postale, n'est-ce pas ? Et la rivière regorge d’activités !

Beautiful indeed !

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'm trying to figure out where this was taken. Downtown Rainier? 

Right by the boat launch next to Rainier City Park. There are two docks in Rainier, one is used for boat launches that's where we live the west side of town. The other dock has a small marina which is east of town, next to the tug docks.Our apartment is next to the boat launch.

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

Right by the boat launch next to Rainier City Park. There are two docks in Rainier, one is used for boat launches that's where we live the west side of town. The other dock has a small marina which is east of town, next to the tug docks.Our apartment is next to the boat launch.

I used to park there at the west end before work in Longview! It's a nice park. Used to be an ugly gravel lot. 

It's nice you get such great pics of the river life. I'm still looking for the murder mystery boat, not sure if they still do that. I checked the Paddle boat....wayyyy to spendy for me.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34