JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Lore has it that, when Lewis and Clark laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean after their long trek across the country, their first words were, "Long time ... no sea"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Lore has it that, when Lewis and Clark laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean after their long trek across the country, their first words were, "Long time ... no sea"

You're funny John! I appreciated your humor.

Actually it's quite interesting where they landed for their first view, it's at Cape Disappointment, which is the third pic down in the link. It's still the Cape but the picture is of what is now called Waikiki Beach. Because of a dike built there it separates the ocean and the river otherwise they would blend. And you really DO NOT want to be in that water! It's not called one of the top deadliest river 'bars' for nuthin'. We have hundreds of documented shipwrecks out there. (ahhh ressurection will be an education!) Actually this was a history lesson for me as I thought they arrived at Dismal Nitch first. Alas no, but they did spend a dismal winter there.

I've seen pictures of the mighty Columbia River frozen solid that people were skating across it! I remember in the 70's having so much snow in Astoria that we feared our roof would collapse. Gradually our winters have become almost balmy.

Sigh, ok back to the present....☺️

https://www.nps.gov/tripideas/lewis-clark-coast-full-day.htm#:~:text=It was at the base,Jefferson's instructions to the expedition

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

A tug heads west on the Columbia River past Rainier, Oregon (my side) and Longview, Washington across the river. I enjoy the big ships that go by, but the tugs are my favorite.

IMG_0437 tug on CR at beautiful sunrise against pol.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Eating cold-cuts isn't good for us (all the additives-ugh!) but you know a turkey and swiss sandwich with tomato and crispy lettuce and a side of corn chips is hard to pass on. Or smoked turkey, green beans and mashed potatoes with turkey gravy.... (drool )So a brother here who loves to smoke.....well anything, smoked a 3.5 pound bone-in turkey breast  for me. Isn't he beautiful? Imna have some good dinners for a while.

Turkey(333x249).jpg.0a6b979b19acfa03d1d2c820a5ed319a.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

This is not from me

This is from Sora, an AI that makes a movie from a given text.

Or as they say:

Introducing Sora, our text-to-video model. Sora can generate videos up to a minute long while maintaining visual quality and adherence to the user’s prompt.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/913331489?h=d6b3d4c2bd&badge=0&autopause=0&player_id=0&app_id=58479

Prompt: A stylish woman walks down a Tokyo street filled with warm glowing neon and animated city signage. She wears a black leather jacket, a long red dress, and black boots, and carries a black purse. She wears sunglasses and red lipstick. She walks confidently and casually. The street is damp and reflective, creating a mirror effect of the colorful lights. Many pedestrians walk about.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)