JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3668 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Family of missing Rock Island man hoping for the best

"He was going to go visit a friend, they had some business to talk about church,” said Alvarez’s sister-in-law, Diana Trejo.

“We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses, and he was going to go talk about something. Sunday evening at 5 was the last time his wife saw him. Obviously, we are very concerned. Very worried,” she said.

Read more:

http://wqad.com/2014/03/11/family-of-missing-man-hoping-for-the-best/#ooid=hoaWs0bDpEfkJpy4B0AYxOR6E-I7UOhw

Odd that he left his phone and meds - family says.

I hope my feelings on this are incorrect  :nope:

YES! We need the New System NOW!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is terrible, what on earth happened? Maybe the autopsy will show something. Might have had a heart attack.

Police said it didn't look suspicious but that could change. Pray for the family, they're devastated.

They actually said the circumstances of his death "were" suspicious,  but they did not "necessarily" think there was foul play.

Dale said the circumstances of Mr. Alvarez’s death were suspicious, but that investigators did not necessarily think there was any foul play involved.

Edited by Musky

I know we'll know the truth some day. However for it to be suspicious and not foul play doesn't make sense to me.

If he committed suicide it would be suspicious (non natural causes) but not necessarily foul play.

We need to kept the family in our prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If he committed suicide it would be suspicious (non natural causes) but not necessarily foul play.

We need to kept the family in our prayers.

Very humbly thank-you Jerry. I didn't know I'd get that answer. I'm incredibly sad over this. Thank-you for not getting impatient with my question.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Odd that he left his phone and meds - family says.

I hope my feelings on this are incorrect :nope:

YES! We need the New System NOW!!

Sadly, I had a friend who "disappeared " a few years ago - former Bethelite who I served with and who, he and his wife, became special pioneers in Arizona. They found Jeff Ahlers a day later - similar comments. It took almost a year to get the answer - publicly. I think his wife knew within days.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/02/jeff_ahlers_death_ruled_suicid.php

I hate this world!

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

This Brother of ours was a personal friend of my wife. She has known him and his family for quite some time, from young adulthood...She has been in contact with friends from back home since early Monday. This is terrible....

Cheryl, I, indeed, all of us, echo your sentiment---we hate this evil satanic system...

Satan's world stinks! We're fed up. Can't wait for Michael to give him a private estate in some abyss where he can reflect on his failures for a 1000 years.

Satan's world stinks! We're fed up. Can't wait for Michael to give him a private estate in some abyss where he can reflect on his failures for a 1000 years.

And, contemplate his future!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Jerry, this was you. Thank-you for your persistence. After you posted I wasn't able to look at the link, I'm still numb from all the painful things going on everywhere, but I just now read it and saw it was you.  I'm sad for your loss, but look forward to your tears of joy soon to come. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

For those who don't want to go to an external link:

An autopsy, performed after the body of Alberto Alvarez was found, confirmed foul play was not involved in his death.

Alvarez was reported missing after he left home, without his cell phone or diabetes medication, at about 5 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 but never arrived at his destination.

A property caretaker found Alvarez’s body two days later at Fyre Lake in Sherrard, Illinois.  Police said then that his death was suspicious but they did not think foul play was involved.

An autopsy performed Wednesday, March 12, confirmed those findings that no foul play was suspected according to Mercer County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Jeff Dale.

The nature of Mr. Alvarez’s death was not released.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

Very very very sad for our brother. Sick and demented world run by Jehovah's adversary. Time for him to go and go quick!

I'm so sorry for the loss and send love to the family.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I wish just this once, Jehovah would materialize Satan for us so we can see him being drug away in chains to be thrown in the abyss during Armaggedon! So many have suffered because of him and continue to suffer. I don't personally know this brother or his family but I am crying for what they are going through, it could be any of us, none of us are immune as long as Satan is on the lose.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D