JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Invitations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3676 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For reference, here's the text of the letter, at least as it was sent to US congregations:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/12488-reporting-track-placement/?p=186195

"Effective immediately, publishers should begin reporting the number of tracts placed in the ministry each month. When filling out your personal Field Service Report (S-4), the number of tracts placed should be added to the number of brochures placed. That one total should be written in the “Booklets/Brochures” column on the report. In the future, this form will be revised to reflect this adjustment. Please keep in mind that your report of tract placements should include copies of Kingdom News No. 38, annual Memorial invitations, district convention handbills, and other tracts."

In my congregation, we were told that the memorial invitations cannot be counted.

2 of our elders this morning did not remember but thought we would NOT count the invitations.  They said they needed to review the letter.  Perhaps your elders need to review the letter, too.

The elder taking the field service arrangement this morning reminded us to count the invitations as placements too

Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment.

Holly - Red Dwarf

The elder taking the field service arrangement this morning reminded us to count the invitations as placements too

As did ours. Our WT study conductor, who is in our group ( when he is not filling in as a CO ) didn't contradict him.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

We had some uncertainty about this yesterday.

The letter referred to tract "placements". In the kingdom ministry, we were instructed, where appropriate, to post tracts through not-at-homes.

We are doing this, but we had mixed conclusions over whether these count as "placements" (personally, i dont think they do)

Any thoughts?

We count them in Canada as well. Stu ya overachiever! Got done my territory but because I was working with partners only placed 5 tracts and that's because they weren't at home!

Out tomorrow though, better watch out...I'm coming for ya! (I'd better start praying, I need all the help I can get).

I am hopeful that at least one sheepy out of all the tracts we deliver, will be found.

To clear everything up, I can officially say to everyone one of our elders told the group this morning to count all placements- by hand or through the letterbox and put your total for the month on the 'Brochures and Booklets' column on your report form. He said that in time, the column will be adjusted to tracts and brochures.

The best thing to do is to count all invites in your bag, write down the total... then when you come back home, check what is left in your bag. Then you'll know how many you've placed. Simples. :)

. . .

The best thing to do is to count all invites in your bag, write down the total... then when you come back home, check what is left in your bag. Then you'll know how many you've placed. Simples. :)

Yeah, right. I did that today. Then I remembered afterwards that I had given some of them to another brother who ran short. :shrugs:

To clear everything up, I can officially say to everyone one of our elders told the group this morning to count all placements- by hand or through the letterbox and put your total for the month on the 'Brochures and Booklets' column on your report form. He said that in time, the column will be adjusted to tracts and brochures.

That's what I did. Another sister puts 5 at a time in her Bible which she has in hand at the door and when she places those she puts 5 more and keeps track of them in sets of 5.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk