JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Jehovah's Witness Rap Album soon to be released

For the record...

Please! Enough with the musical puns already! :lol1:

Honestly, I just knew this thread would lead to treble, but Brother Eddie has my symphony. At least this rap music won't be full of sax and violins.

If we just take a minuet to think how clef-er our brother is, it seems that music is his forte. He certainly wouldn't want to harmony one.

I'm not really in tune with this type of music so I won't harp on, but I do think we should guitar acts together, stay composed and work in concert with one another, rather than drum up trouble by using an off-key tone. We must learn how to conduct ourselves and resist the urge to become crotchety.

On a higher note however, I hope the album is successful and cymbalizes all that is virtuoso. As they say at Nike - "Just duet!"

OK, I'll give it a rest before my comments fall flat and I have to face the music.

I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators were instrumental in banning me after reed-ing this!

(I know. You just can't get the staff!)

Edited by SunnyG

Brothers and Sisters,

I see a trend. I even think I see a "revolution". If the following is crazy talk, ignore it ;-)

There are more and more Brothers and Sisters out there "commercially" doing things like making music, writing books (slight cough and nod to my own two books) and offering equipment for the service, etc.

It's nothing new in itself, and think about it: in the new system, we also will not be reading books, or listening to music, or working with things "worldly" people make, but of those that are survivors.

...and now more and more are starting it already right now. We just have to use our Bible trained conscience, taste and common sense when choosing that entertainment. In future, we only have to think about our own taste; if we like that music / book / play / movie or not.

I like the idea that more and more creativity is out there. Not going overboard and keeping things in place is the most important thing.

If our brother Prince were to release an album would we buy it?

And of course he has. The first was an album given away for free and included the song " Lion of Judah", the second, called 20ten included "Act of God".

Whether these were explicitly Christian in content, I do not know, but I cannot imagine that since he became a brother he would write songs of a worldly nature.

The nature of some responses on this thread have really surprised me. Incredibly judgmental without knowing the facts, i just hope none are elders who have that attitude when called upon to take part in judicial matters in the congregation.

Others have been just unkind, and really not in harmony with scriptural advice to try to readjust someone, who you believe to be taking a false step, in a spirit of mildness.

We all have our personal opinions, but sometimes it is the course of wisdom to keep them to ourselves.

Just my 2p. (And I know it is something I need to work on too!)

Just to be clear ....

I never said he/you should not release a rap album. I never said rap was wrong.

Just like you like rap - I do not like it. And that is all I said. I just said that, in MY opinion, there was not good rap, because I do not like rap - I do not like asparagus either, but if you like either one, that is fine with me.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2) I have never claimed to be something I am not, and am NOT trying to take the place of what the FDS do which is just ridicules. The music I provide is nothing more but another option to the many type of genres that already exists but the difference is my lyrics are of a Christian nature.

But you said you want to help those who do not enjoy kingdom songs.....

4) in regards to making money out relegion I spoke to an elder who has Pernonal links the Brooklyn bethal and advised him of what I was doing and I asked him if I wrote the society and they approved what I was doing would they be able to assist me with cost I.e. Use their music studio and as I would not have incurred any real costs I would be able to distrubting the album for free of charge for all. I was advised that when brothers become missionaries they have to bear the brunt of all the cost themselves. So the chances are they will say no! And I will have to bear the cost of everything myself. Also various brothers are charging for so many things I.e. Bethal tours, on iTunes and the internet, bibles, calendars, and various other thing which is no different to what I am doing. I spent a lot of time and money on this project.

hahahahaha...lol.. I can not imagine someone in the bethel studio Raping... :loopy::punk:

6) once the album is released I will more than likely stop post on this forum as I will need to maintain my website/Facebook and Twitter pages for fans but I will pop in when I can.

I am beginning to think the only reason you joined this forum was to advertise/promote you music, going by the number of your posts, and they are all talking about your music.

Lastly I was listening to the album this morning on my way to work and I think the music is actually pop with an urban feel lol who knows even I'm confused now lol may you all have peace. Eddie T

Am hoping you eventually realize it is actually jazz music...lol.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

Honestly, I just knew this thread would lead to treble, but Brother Eddie has my symphony. At least this rap music won't be full of sax and violins.

If we just take a minuet to think how clef-er our brother is, it seems that music is his forte. He certainly wouldn't want to harmony one.

I'm not really in tune with this type of music so I won't harp on, but I do think we should guitar acts together, stay composed and work in concert with one another, rather than drum up trouble by using an off-key tone. We must learn how to conduct ourselves and resist the urge to become crotchety.

On a higher note however, I hope the album is successful and cymbalizes all that is virtuoso. As they say at Nike - "Just duet!"

OK, I'll give it a rest before my comments fall flat and I have to face the music.

I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators were instrumental in banning me after reed-ing this!

The amount of puns in this amuses me :D

I am beginning to think the only reason you joined this forum was to advertise/promote you music, going by the number of your posts, and they are all talking about your music.

I am beginning to get the same feeling. And that is what I have a problem with... I am sure many of the brothers and sisters here do amazing things or run useful businesses, but they don't promote themselves without being around for awhile. Take me for example, I make metallic ribbon bookmarks which you can stick in your bible that protect your spine and you can engrave a personal message on it for only $29.99, but 15% off for first time customers who PM me, but you don't see me shamelessly promoting myself at every opportunity!!! :lol::loopy:

My brothers once again some interesting reading. Some nice encougaement and some interesting views.

It is clear that this topic seems to attract those for, those against and those sitting in the middle on the fence not too sure. Let my start with the reason why I came to this forum is the first place. I came here as I wanted indapentant peoples thoughts and objective views on this project. The reason for this was because many around me I.e. My family and friend and those at my hall all really enjoy my musc or just the idea of what I'm doing but they all know me, they could all just be being nice and byest! By coming hear I will get a full objective view of what I'm doing from people who do not know me. If I wanted to I could have just said nothing at all released the album and all in the hall would know about it and have already told all their friends and family in the truth and it would spread as I'm always getting emails and being asked about when it's coming out so I don't need a form for that! Also the worldly people that Were arond in the studio when I was mixing and mastering all thought it was one the strangest things they have ever heard as the noticed that there're was no bad language and only positive messages which they found very refreshing and also commentated that they don't like rap but they would listen my my stuff and was very interested in hearing the whole album. Remember brothers as someone previously mentioned, I'm not really dong anything new. All I'm am doing is putting positive bible principles to a certain type of music. Nothing more. In relation to jazz music, I play the piano and one of my favourite pices is autum leaves which I was playing just the other day on my piano at home as I am also a little bit of a jazz fan too. Lol Now as promised here is a sample from a verse in one of my songs called Creation vs Evolution and you can make up your one minds.

"I'm talking bout the birds and the bees,

The leaves on the trees, solor release,

Healing properties, gardens weeds,

And all the many creatures living underneath the sea,

Universe designed and planned,

Did not start by a Big Bang,

We are made in gods image,

Not this cave man money business,

Let's take a look at Big Bang theory,

More like its fantacy fairies,

scientists want you think,

That they know everything,

But they don't their just guessing,

Wrong again restart the testing,

Running round in a fuss,

There not the people you can trust!

Eddie T :-)

Perhaps he'll stick around to get some ideas for new hook lines...

I checked jwtalk, an I ain't goin back,

Those bros and sisters were judgmental and proud

Judgin my lines before takin in sound

Heavenly Father help them to see,

I wanted to help, put your name to my music of praise

But I sho know we be livin in da last dayz....

And this my friends is why I personally do not have a rap album coming out..... ;)

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Ok, here is Mc Crayne:

Let me Break it to you, religious leaders, cause you can't seem to take serious blocks

compare our message rockin' and youre just a drawer full of wool socks

we ace the place with the big crowd comin

with your empty dramatics and youre fake schematics

no wonder all your churches is seein' a bunch of nothin.

Step back, wannabe, whitewashed graves and son of snakes

see our preachin' reachin' people and you hit the brakes, you fakes!

We be knockin on dem doors, to the people we relate

our message is the bomb while your message is Aunt Sophie's hated meatloaf left on-plate.

Step on over, get the picture, step laying on the laze,

while you people heaping hate

we be teaching of the better days.

we praise, we bounce from corner to corner in all kinds of different ways.

while you stand in empty churches and give empty speeches

we be gathering in the people with you stuck in trouble up to the breeches.

Don't fake, imitate. Collaborate.

Take away the fate and prepare for God's date.

Word.

Brilliant. I've decided to let you write my obituary. :P

We are of one accord (ian)

Perhaps he'll stick around to get some ideas for new hook lines...

I checked jwtalk, an I ain't goin back,

Those bros and sisters were judgmental and proud

Judgin my lines before takin in sound

Heavenly Father help them to see,

I wanted to help, put your name to my music of praise

But I sho know we be livin in da last dayz....

b2f83c409ce63012229fb9cd465bdcfe.jpg

I am beginning to get the same feeling. And that is what I have a problem with... I am sure many of the brothers and sisters here do amazing things or run useful businesses, but they don't promote themselves without being around for awhile. Take me for example, I make metallic ribbon bookmarks which you can stick in your bible that protect your spine and you can engrave a personal message on it for only $29.99, but 15% off for first time customers who PM me, but you don't see me shamelessly promoting myself at every opportunity!!! :lol::loopy:

Right! Do you see me promoting my new thriller on Babylon the Great and it's downfall, available on Amazon.com as paperback and eBook? At the reasonable price of 10 bucks, a real steal for a gripping novel that takes You around the world? With spying, corrupt religious leaders and a grand scheme to unite, then destroy religion with one man? The title is Rise & Fall, just in case you want to know.

Do you see me advertising? Do You?

A Jehovah's witness releases Rap album. Imagine if this was on front of a newspaper page.

1. Do you think people would say it had good content?

2. Do you think they can still distinguish Jehova's witnesses from other religions?

3. Do you think Jehovah's name can be sanctified?

I have no right to judge anybody on the type of music he or she listens to, but I believe it's not right to brand any personal project with Jehovah's name as if we are doing it on behalf of the organisation (JW). I don't think it can be good to associate Jehovah's name with reggae, r & b, or any other type of music.

Note that this is how I think, but I am not trying to impose this unto others. I think whenever we are doing anything we have to try doing it to God's glory and take care of those that have weak conscious. 2 corinthians 6:3. Hope I am not being judgemental!

I love you all my brothers and sisters!!

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

. Take me for example, I make metallic ribbon bookmarks which you can stick in your bible that protect your spine

I don't quite see how a bookmark can help my back even if is metallic ribbon

I don't quite see how a bookmark can help my back even if is metallic ribbon

LOL I meant the spine of your bible.

A Jehovah's witness releases Rap album. Imagine if this was on front of a newspaper page.

1. Do you think people would say it had good content?

2. Do you think they can still distinguish Jehova's witnesses from other religions?

3. Do you think Jehovah's name can be sanctified?

I have no right to judge anybody on the type of music he or she listens to, but I believe it's not right to brand any personal project with Jehovah's name as if we are doing it on behalf of the organisation (JW). I don't think it can be good to associate Jehovah's name with reggae, r & b, or any other type of music.

Note that this is how I think, but I am not trying to impose this unto others. I think whenever we are doing anything we have to try doing it to God's glory and take care of those that have weak conscious. 2 corinthians 6:3. Hope I am not being judgemental!

I love you all my brothers and sisters!!

Well this is another way I didn't look at it. But at the same time, think of Prince. I'm sure he makes many songs about his relationship or his feelings about Jehovah. And he conducts himself in such a way, that you rarely ever see bad things about him in the news, or his songs. There are a lot of factors, but Brother Henderson is definitely right on with this. Do all things for God's glory!

My brothers and sisters there has been some much activity since I last left. I love the cartoon and all the raping and book making ribbons and book writing. It's so nice to see how all of us are so creative in one way or anther.

Just to again clarify that NOWWHERE on the album does it say that it is a JW album which i have already mentioned. The only people that know are you all and friends and family and those in my hall etc.To the world it's just a Christian rap album, And I think I should just make this point as clear as I can. The album does not have any affiliation what so ever with the society and I'm sure they would not condon or Not condone the project but once they have been informed I will be sure to let you all know what there views are but is pretty much like this very website that is no part of the society. I hope this helps with your understand.

May you all have peace and Jah's blessing my brothers and sisters. Eddie T :-)

... but I believe it's not right to brand any personal project with Jehovah's name as if we are doing it on behalf of the organization (JW). I don't think it can be good to associate Jehovah's name with ...

This is an excellent comment .... :thumbsup:

when the company many congregations use to tie their phones into the meeting came out with the software they called the company KHConf ... some still use that name when referring to the phone service. However, at the request of the Branch, they renamed their company away from KHConf (they are now Generic Conferencing) in order to comply with the desires of the organization.

While i do think there are some harsh.. Perhaps judgemental views on brother eddies thread... It is on here to get peoples opinions... Which brother has got... And i must say brother has shown maturity in the way hes taken some of the flack...

In general ... The music i like has to have melody... And in rap i dont hear meoldy... I appreciate lyrics that are clever but it must come with a tune not just a beat ....others may love rap... And that fine.... But perhaps i should give eddies songs a listen.

Christian love

stuart

My brothers once again some interesting reading. Some nice encougaement and some interesting views.

It is clear that this topic seems to attract those for, those against and those sitting in the middle on the fence not too sure. Let my start with the reason why I came to this forum is the first place. I came here as I wanted indapentant peoples thoughts and objective views on this project. The reason for this was because many around me I.e. My family and friend and those at my hall all really enjoy my musc or just the idea of what I'm doing but they all know me, they could all just be being nice and byest! By coming hear I will get a full objective view of what I'm doing from people who do not know me. If I wanted to I could have just said nothing at all released the album and all in the hall would know about it and have already told all their friends and family in the truth and it would spread as I'm always getting emails and being asked about when it's coming out so I don't need a form for that! Also the worldly people that Were arond in the studio when I was mixing and mastering all thought it was one the strangest things they have ever heard as the noticed that there're was no bad language and only positive messages which they found very refreshing and also commentated that they don't like rap but they would listen my my stuff and was very interested in hearing the whole album. Remember brothers as someone previously mentioned, I'm not really dong anything new. All I'm am doing is putting positive bible principles to a certain type of music. Nothing more. In relation to jazz music, I play the piano and one of my favourite pices is autum leaves which I was playing just the other day on my piano at home as I am also a little bit of a jazz fan too. Lol

Now as promised here is a sample from a verse in one of my songs called Creation vs Evolution and you can make up your one minds.

"I'm talking bout the birds and the bees,

The leaves on the trees, solor release,

Healing properties, gardens weeds,

And all the many creatures living underneath the sea,

Universe designed and planned,

Did not start by a Big Bang,

We are made in gods image,

Not this cave man money business,

Let's take a look at Big Bang theory,

More like its fantacy fairies,

scientists want you think,

That they know everything,

But they don't their just guessing,

Wrong again restart the testing,

Running round in a fuss,

There not the people you can trust!

Eddie T :-)

While I sort out the positive aspects in lyrics only (not genre) I'm just doing some personal side-by-side comparisons, for visual purposes only - not style of music, just to see if I may have over reacted. - the April 11th release date really bothered me - Memorial 4-14-14

An oldie but a goodie: "My Favorite Things"

(sing to the tune from the "Sound of Music")

Good return visits and good Bible studies;

Fruitful long hours with my service buddies;

Magazine routes that are flourishing well;

People that tell me that I'm doing swell.

Doughnuts and coffee and hot chocolate steaming

Placed all my literature--think that I'm dreaming;

People who welcome the good news I bring;

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites;

When the door slams;

When I'm told "get lost".

I simply remember my favorite things,

and then I don't feel... so cross.

Big service meetings and publishers plenty;

Finding sheep-like ones though they are not many;

Cars that keep running though tied up with string;

Pioneer school and the joy that it brings.

Blue skies and sunshine although it is our fate;

To live in the cloudiest spot in the whole state;

Getting my time in on days that it rained;

People who help me when I'm feeling drained.

When I'm so broke;

That it's no joke;

When I'm unemployed;

I simply remember my favorite things,

and then I'm no so... annoyed.

Edited by timpin

Hello again brothers and sisters. wow again you show how creative you can be with rhymes, rapping which is nothing more than a poetry really, also singing, to what ever music may suit your fancy and as for "the sound of music" who does not like the songs from that wonderful film. My favourite would have to be " do, a dear, a female dear etc you get the point. Lol

As for timing of the album, let me first say I fully can understand your strong feelings regarding the coming memorial and why some one could feel frustrated so close to the most important day of the year. I would also point out that I am not instinctive or indifferent to your deep feelings on the matter which why I feel they need to be addressed and not ignored.

The timing is down to the fact that iTunes distributors say they need 3 weeks in order to get the album into all online stores and it just so happens that the date given was 11th April I.e 3 weeks after I put in on iTunes. Please also rest assured that if the release date coincided with 14/4/ then I would have done all in my power to stop this from happening. TRUST ME!!

Really loved the poetry song thing.

May you all have peace and Jehovah blessing my brothers and sisters. :-) Eddie T

Myself I simply can't stand rap music but I can see that this bit of noise could possibly give a witness to some who do like the style. In the 50's many said that rock music and Elvis was from the devil but how many of us grew up on rock music? To her dying day mom could not stand even soft rock. Likewise I doubt if any of us old timers and mid-lifer's will be changing our minds anytime soon. That is what minds we have left.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Hahaha oh brother Tilford how true your comments are. So here is a little something all might want to consider. Do you like poetry? Do you read poetry?....... This is beginning to sound like a Sunday public talk hah hah anyway, If I was David or the psalmist and I wrote poetry but not to music but just words, what would you think? The words in the poem were about keeping your Christian values and beliefs and keeping separate from the world, would you like that poetry? The words also glorified god. Would you enjoy that poetry? Oh man, this is really sounding like a talk hahahahah. My point is, I and I'm sure Many other brothers out there are going this but to various types of music. Also remember that poetry is for the young and the more experienced ones, its for all, not just the few. Just another form of creative expression given to us by our so loving god Jehovah.

If after all of this just one person in the world so much as starts a bible study it was worth it! If so much as one person in the truth has just a little bit more respect or understanding of what positive rap can do then it was worth it. If so much as just one person in the whole world praises Jehovah's name for the creative powers he has given ALL of us to glorify his own holy name, then it worth it!

May you all have everlasting peace soon to come for ever and ever my brothers and sisters. :-) Eddie T