JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Things we will NOT see in the New System

shali

Violence

Vulgar Speech

Vigilantes

Viciousness

Vomiting (hopefully)

Vampire movies  (I find this one especially vile, for Satan has wrapped up immorality, false teaching of immortal soul and, violence, all in one "entertaining" character)

Man, everyone did so good and we went from A-Z so fast! Thanks for all your comments, I loved reading them and you all made this so fun! I do wonder about a few thought like "McGyver" (the show or just anyone named McGyver?) and "tornadoe's" - I hope we still have them but they don't hurt anyone or destroy anything, we can just watch the awe-inspiring specticle and know that Jehovah is in control! Thank you all for all your contributions to this game!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

To think about it is kind of strange.. No more sports teams or annual events, no rock stars or movie stars, none of the t.v. shows we have now or probably any of the music either (though I'm hoping we will be allowed to right some songs lol)...Also I never see cars, roads, etc. in the WT and it makes me wander if we will even have stores if we will trade goods in market like settings?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Natasha, I doubt we will know what we will and won't have till that time comes actually. Things like cars and roads may be necessary for a while - I don't think Jehovah will leave us all stranded with no way to get anywhere or communicate. He has the power and forethought to keep cell towers, electricity, and gas pumps working until the time comes when we may not need them anymore. He realizes these are different times then when he led the Isrealites through the Red Sea - our generation can't just live in tents! Whatever he leaves of this old system will be for our benefit and for the benefit of accomplishing his purpose most of all - we will just have to wait and see! Personally, I can't imagine going without hot water! How horrifying (haha!)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

To think about it is kind of strange.. No more sports teams or annual events, no rock stars or movie stars, none of the t.v. shows we have now or probably any of the music either (though I'm hoping we will be allowed to right some songs lol)...Also I never see cars, roads, etc. in the WT and it makes me wander if we will even have stores if we will trade goods in market like settings?

It seems to me that I remember an illustration (picture) in a publication showing a New System scene with some farming .... and it had fences and a tractor .... but I do not recall just where.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

Why no razors?  Extremely useful tools...and I, for one, will NOT live thru eternity with hairy legs or pits.  :)

And McGyver was a very amusing show about the inventiveness of the character.  My brothers have gotten themselves out of real life jams remembering what he used to do with rubber bands, paper clips and duct tape! 

Roads, etc.  Why on earth not?  Must we go back to stumbling over rocks, mountains, fording rivers on foot?  Needing to figure out how to get somewhere from scratch everytime?  Roads make sense in every way.

And music?????  It could not POSSIBLY be paradise without music -- both much of what we have now and what geniuses like Mozart, Beethoven, Puccini, Gershwin, Coltrane, etc. will be able to dream up without the troubles they had to deal with.  To see what great art will be created with music, art, dance, instruments...that's one of the main things I dream of for the New World.

Why won't we see skyscrapers? Will we be walking around with our eyes shut?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~