JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Beer?

My root beer is made and then bottled in plastic 2 liter bottles. It contains no hops nor is it made like real beer. It needs 1 week or so to ferment in the 2 liter's to get the carbonation it needs then it goes into the frig where it won't blow up. The recipe I follow has no alcohol content. 

As far as REAL root beer IDK, it's not what I make. I like the frothy, yummy, deep flavor of old fashioned root beer. Good over ice-cream or with spirits. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My root beer is made and then bottled in plastic 2 liter bottles. It contains no hops nor is it made like real beer. It needs 1 week or so to ferment in the 2 liter's to get the carbonation it needs then it goes into the frig where it won't blow up. The recipe I follow has no alcohol content. 

As far as REAL root beer IDK, it's not what I make. I like the frothy, yummy, deep flavor of old fashioned root beer. Good over ice-cream or with spirits. 

Have you ever seen or heard a plastic bottle explode?

Just a hint, don't put dry ice and a small amount of liquid in a plastic bottle and throw it in a lake or river...

I'm just saying... :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No, I haven't but I'm sure they have. IF you don't keep track and put in the frig.

The plastic bottles are actually a gauge. After bottling you compress the bottles to see if they're tight, thus the correct amount of carbonation. Then refrigerate. As a someone who ferments foods it's the same thought process. You KNOW when it's the right time.

Richard, dry ice?? Really? Naughty, naughty!  

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Many of my homemade brew is 7-8.5%. I wouldn't mind the Dunkel then. Right now I'm really into a Hoppy Red, left to process 3 weeks instead of 2. Takes the sharp bitterness out of the hops but leaves the strong hop flavor.

Guess I'll have to try a Pilsner next, sounds good.

• 3 weeks later...

guinness-pint-hed-2014.jpeg

If you want to try Guinness Jamaican style, one can add nuts too:

Ingredients

2 cups Guinness Stout (Irish)

3/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg

1 large Egg, beaten

10 Ice Cubes

Method

1. Put stout, milk and spices in blender and blend on High

2. Add beaten egg and blend again

3. Add ice cubes and blend until smooth

Serves 3 to 4

I still love ice cold smooth unadulterated Guinness ...and it has to be brewed here in Ireland. ..others are just not the same !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by anniebea

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

What would you suggest to someone who has never had beer before?

The beer and ice cream made me want to try beer :uhhuh:

Not a good idea. To enjoy beer pair it with salty foods, crisp chips, almost anything fried. Beer only goes with certain sweets.

Pizza is a good companion food, likewise cheddar and stronger cheeses. Hotdogs probably not available in your local.

Beef sausage good, especially if pickled.

Lots of ways to enjoy beer, but not with ice cream unless you have a high barf threshold .

Oh, and despite what our English brothers might suggest, first beer, choose a hot day and the beer should almost be freezing. Leave the warm beer to the more experienced.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Not a good idea. To enjoy beer pair it with salty foods, crisp chips, almost anything fried. Beer only goes with certain sweets.

Pizza is a good companion food, likewise cheddar and stronger cheeses. Hotdogs probably not available in your local.

Beef sausage good, especially if pickled.

Lots of ways to enjoy beer, but not with ice cream unless you have a high barf threshold .

Oh, and despite what our English brothers might suggest, first beer, choose a hot day and the beer should almost be freezing. Leave the warm beer to the more experienced.

Oh...no ice-cream? I read somewhere here that someone said some kind of ice cream and beer and that was the only reason that made me want to try beer!

I did not understand: hot dogs not available in your local? :huh:  What is that?

So I have to wait for next summer for my first beer...or I need to fly where it is warm this winter!

Thank you for the tips, will keep these in mind! :thumbsup:

Oh...no ice-cream? I read somewhere here that someone said some kind of ice cream and beer and that was the only reason that made me want to try beer!

I've had beer and ice cream and it was really good. It was a type of beer that went very well with ice cream, not all beers would taste good with ice cream..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What would you suggest to someone who has never had beer before?

I'm not a beer drinker but I've been to a few breweries and sampled many beers, there is a huge variety of beer available so go to a brewery or restaurant that will serve a flight of beers, it will help you sample several types of beer. 

I did not understand: hot dogs not available in your local? :huh: 

They have hotdogs in Canada? I never knew.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.