JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Beer?

Me? A nice cold Speights or Tui  on a hot day! Good on yer mate!

Yeah, Right...

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

I love the  Dos Equis beers the dark one is really nice or Negro as they say down there. Its cheap too. Up here in Ontario Canada a 24 pack of Carona is over $45 a case.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I can make a 5 gallon jug of Hoppy Red IPA for 40.00!! And it IS my favorite. Beautiful color and deliciously smooth yet with a bit of a hop flavor- not a BITE  but a smooth hop infusion. Ummm, love this stuff.

And a Dos Equis is also a good one. 

A local one is Fort George North VIII, Russian Imperial Stout

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 months later...

This side of Africa, with simmering heat that could reach 40 degrees (centigrate), on a better day. Nothing beats a frosted 750 ml Castle Draft.....a traditional SAB beer with rich, malty tones when thrown to a glass. I keep a handful in my fridge and savour those moments of unrushed ' perfection'.

• 6 years later...

I don't actually have a favorite beer per-sea, as I like to try most beers that I haven't tried before. But I do have a few staples that I keep in my fridge:

Fox Hat Red Pelt - Indian Red Ale

image.png.ceaa90bbeadb598db0a22a52a641051e.png

For those hot days mowing the lawn - Asahi Super Dry

image.png.d1e1879826e1e64566785166c704a048.png

Depending on the price, I do like whatever Coopers brings out

image.png.a6105ebe0d4e9703656c469c566f70be.png

But my favorite from them is the Vintage Ale, and these are seasonal which are tad hard to get outside of SA at times, but I was able to get my hands on a couple of cases of these the other week.

image.png.6acc6133f17243141949e94892d5d4c1.png

I grew up on much of the German and Dutch beers, such as Löwenbräu, DAB, Köstritzer and Astra Pilsener, and when there is something that tickles my fancy, I'll give it a go. But I really like Delirium Tremens, but they are very expensive here in Australia.

image.png.f2302b65474051354fb7352440344c83.png

At a local bottle shop, they had some new Japanese beers available (which I always like to try out) and they had a beer called Yuzu Lager from Hitachino Nest. I knew that yuzu was a citrus fruit local to Japan and well known for its aroma, so I though this was going to be interesting, and it didn't disappoint either. It was the most refreshing lager that I had ever tasted. Absolutely perfect for a hot summers day and it is so refreshing.

image.png.e2648637b885511c0332a62daa8da1da.png

Edited by Pabo

Yesterday after a couple of very hot hours working in the yard, my husband poured me a cold beer.  It tasted like orange peel and I enjoyed it so much as it was lovely and cold.  I had another one.🙀

AF9ABEB0-094F-4DDD-A1E1-2B3C20394A42.jpeg

0E9E4AAE-2D2D-4AD8-9EE3-BE64FD2D540F.jpegI just noticed its brewed at a place called Biggera Waters on the Gold Coast (Qld, Australia).  We are looking at moving there next year. 😎

Edited by MullumMiss